colon cancer and gall stones

abmb
abmb Member Posts: 311

Sorry I haven't been posting, reading from time to time.  My husband has been NED for 4 years now - Colon cancer stage 3C.  When he was diagnosed they also discovered he had blood clots - there is a connection.  All taken care of and then CAT scans showed gallstones.  Didn't worry about anything, no pain.  September 2012 my husband was hospitalized - blood clots returned.  First thought - when does the cancer come back.  We went to the hospital because he has an IVC filter and it was blocked with clots and causing pain.  Here we are 7 months later - no clots but pain persists.  Visited with his surgeon and he believes it is his gall bladder. He is planning on removing, but ordered an ultrasound.  Ultrasound done on tuesday, results should be in tomorrow, Friday.  Doc said he will schedule the removal in June, ultrasound done to see if inflammed and if it needs to be removed sooner.  Has this happened to anyone else.  Should I be worried?  Thanks for any info and as always I keep all of you in my Prayers.

Comments

• PatchAdams
    PatchAdams Member Posts: 271
    Many of us

had gall bladder problems after colon resection.  I started chemo in Feb. 2009 and had my gall bladder removed Apr. 2009.  When I mentioned it on another forum, many jumped in to say there seemed to be a connection between surgery and gall stones or chemo and gall stones. 

My surgeon was going to wait on the gall bladder removal, but I was having 2 or more attacks a day lasting up to five hours. OUCH!! 

• abmb
    abmb Member Posts: 311

Many of us

had gall bladder problems after colon resection.  I started chemo in Feb. 2009 and had my gall bladder removed Apr. 2009.  When I mentioned it on another forum, many jumped in to say there seemed to be a connection between surgery and gall stones or chemo and gall stones. 

My surgeon was going to wait on the gall bladder removal, but I was having 2 or more attacks a day lasting up to five hours. OUCH!! 

thank you for your reply.  We

thank you for your reply.  We meet with his surgeon this coming Thursday and sign consent to remove.  Again, thanks.