My Cherokee Irishman Has Gone Home

Comments

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    Ah, Wolfen...that card makes me cry too.

What a special guy you had.  I'm so sorry for your loss, but very glad you got to bring him home.  I am sure he felt your loving presence as he passed.  Ann Alexandria

• angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
    I am so sorry

my condolences to you and your family

michelle

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    No words really

No words can express my empathy for you and your family. 

It sounds like it was a battle well fought, but in the end, nature takes its course.

May God bless all of you as your grieve. 

We'll be herer for you in spirit, and of course, we will be here as you and your daughter continue the fight in you daughters arena 

Blessings! SUE

• Hard12Find
    Hard12Find Member Posts: 217 Member
    Wolfen,

You and your family have my deepest sympathy. I am so sorry for your loss. He put up a valiant fight, and you can be proud of that.

Jim

• Hard12Find
    Hard12Find Member Posts: 217 Member
    Wolfen,

You and your family have my deepest sympathy. I am so sorry for your loss. He put up a valiant fight, and you can be proud of that.

Jim

• Varmint5
    Varmint5 Member Posts: 384 Member
    Wolfen...

I am so sorry. Nothing really prepares you for it, but I am amazed at your strength and how well you have handled this situation. Kudos to you and your family for bringing in hospice and bringing Ron home. I had reservations based on my past experiences but it sounds like things went well and I am so thankful that this was the case for your family. I know the next few days will be a blur of activity and then reality will set in. Grief is a roller coaster of emotions. I remember, it just comes in waves. Over time, the peaks aren't so high, the lows aren't so low, but it's painful.

I don't think anybody really understands unless they've been there what it is like to have your husband's medical care and treatment as the focus of your life and then suddenly you don't have that. The loss of your husband is a profound loss compounded by so many smaller losses - even the change in your focus is a loss. It can be overwhelming. This and dealing with your daughter's illness - I hope you will do whatever you need to feel supported through all of this.

I know this board is supportive of you and I hope you stay right here, but you might also think about support specifically for widows - www.widownet.org was a lifesaver for me after Bill died. People know exactly what you are going through because they are right there with you, and you reach out and help each other through it. Maybe it can work for you as well.

I think about you all the time, and Ron and his valiant efforts even with all the other medical problems. I'm glad you had each other for 41 years. That's amazing. I wish comfort and peace for you and JBG, your son and all your family. The story of the card and money is so sweet and special.

Sandy     

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    dear karen, i'm so sorry for

dear karen, i'm so sorry for your loss.  no words can ease the pain but i pray your find in peace in knowing that your ron is no longer suffering.  u were an excellent caregiver and u should find comfort in that.  i pray 4 strength for u and ur family.  may u draw strength from each other.  i'm glad u were able to get him home where he wanted 2 b.  u did everything u could for ron and he knew that.  him knowing that made his journey home a little easier.

God bless you,

dj

• Dyanclark
    Dyanclark Member Posts: 296
    So sorry

So sorry. So many years of study and still this cancer beats us down.  

Hugs George & Dyan Cry

• osmotar
    osmotar Member Posts: 1,006
    Condolences

Karen , 

I'm so sorry to read your post. I know these last several months have been difficult for you and your family , as difficult as your husbands passing is you can or will have comfort that he now at peace and pain free. You are in my thoughts and prayers during the coming days.

Blessings,

Linda  

• Joy1216
    Joy1216 Member Posts: 290 Member
    Wolfen

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

Joy

• fisrpotpe
    fisrpotpe Member Posts: 1,349 Member
    hugs

he fought the good fight, now he is in a far better place with no pain and all that is good

sorry for your loss

john 

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    The poem I shared at Steph's (my daughter) passing:

I'm Free

Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free
    I'm following the path God laid for me
    I took his hand when I heard His call
    I turned my back and left it all.

I could not stay another day
    To laugh, to love, to work, or play
    Tasks left undone must stay that way
    I've found that peace at the close of the day.

If my parting has left a void
    Then fill it with remembered joy
    A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss
    Ah, yes, these things I too will miss.

Be not burdened with times of sorrow
    I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow
    My life's been full I savored much
    Good friends, good times, a loved one's touch.

Perhaps my time seemed all too brief
    Don't lengthen it now with undue grief.
    Lift up your heart and share with me
    God wanted me now, He set me FREE.

Hugs, Kathi

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    KathiM said:

The poem I shared at Steph's (my daughter) passing:

I'm Free

Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free
    I'm following the path God laid for me
    I took his hand when I heard His call
    I turned my back and left it all.

I could not stay another day
    To laugh, to love, to work, or play
    Tasks left undone must stay that way
    I've found that peace at the close of the day.

If my parting has left a void
    Then fill it with remembered joy
    A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss
    Ah, yes, these things I too will miss.

Be not burdened with times of sorrow
    I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow
    My life's been full I savored much
    Good friends, good times, a loved one's touch.

Perhaps my time seemed all too brief
    Don't lengthen it now with undue grief.
    Lift up your heart and share with me
    God wanted me now, He set me FREE.

Hugs, Kathi

so beautiful

I will keep this. You just never know when its your turn. I'd like this shared at my funeral.

• wawaju04976
    wawaju04976 Member Posts: 316 Member
    I am so sorry. It sounds like

I am so sorry. It sounds like it was peaceful, and he waited until he got home with family around him.

Judy

• merrysmom
    merrysmom Member Posts: 51
    I am so sorry

You are an amazing woman and i am praying for you and your family to get through this.

You have my love and prayers, barb

• Deena11
    Deena11 Member Posts: 199 Member
    So sorry

Glad you had time at home with him so he could go peacefully.  I am sure he knew you were there and felt the love you projected.

I will pray for your healing and strength.

Deena

• karguy
    karguy Member Posts: 1,020 Member
    Wolfen

I am so sorry for your loss,that was a very nice card he left you.I wil pray for you,and your family.

• LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    My condolences...

Dear Wofen/JBG,

I am so very sorry for the loss of your wonderful husband and father.  My heart simply breaks for your both...   May he rest in eternal peace.

Love,

Cynthia

• osmotar
    osmotar Member Posts: 1,006
    Condolences

Karen,

I'm so sorry to read your post , while we all feel your sorrow in your post and know the journey you have been on ... May you be comforted in the days , weeks , and months to come knowing that your beloved Ron is at peace and no longer in pain. Blessings and prayers for you and your family.

Linda

• danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    wolfen

"My condolences! I expect to loose my wife of 56 years to alzheimers this year. Aristotle says "Love is a single soul dwelling in two bodies." I suspect

that applies to you and Ron like it does foe me and Josephine.