Newly Dxed Stage II/III might want to check out this video on"Managing Adjuvant Treatment in CRC"-ad

coloCan
coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member
edited April 2013 in Colorectal Cancer #1

Comments

• Grace14
    Grace14 Member Posts: 65
    What is considered large for

What is considered large for a tumor? I was stage 2 and had adjuvant therapy but I don't remember the size of my tumor. 

• coloCan
    Grace14 said:

What is considered large for

What is considered large for a tumor? I was stage 2 and had adjuvant therapy but I don't remember the size of my tumor. 

Have no idea:Is there a set figure or

does each oncologist,pathologist ,surgeon have his or her own criteria?......

• coloCan
    coloCan said:

Have no idea:Is there a set figure or

does each oncologist,pathologist ,surgeon have his or her own criteria?......

For those interested,here's part two

www.onclive.com/peer-exchange/colorectal-cancer/Managing-Adjuvant-Treatment-in-Colorectal-Cancer-Part-II

i truly believe this is worth the time

• karen40
    karen40 Member Posts: 211 Member
    coloCan said:

For those interested,here's part two

www.onclive.com/peer-exchange/colorectal-cancer/Managing-Adjuvant-Treatment-in-Colorectal-Cancer-Part-II

i truly believe this is worth the time

Stage II

As someone diagnosed stage II, I often wondered if the oxaliplatin was necessary. I did 6 months, 8 treatments of xelox.  (xelox = xeloda+ oxaliplatin).  The reason I chose to do the oxaliplatin, in short, was because I didn’t trust the surgical procedure, more so than any other reasoning. My tumor was very low and large. I went from a completed laparoscopic procedure to a full open surgical procedure after the surgeon was told that he did not get good margins. I just could not shake the idea of a few cancer cells coming loose after having been reconnected laporscopically with bad margins.  I wonder if they will discuss how much bad vs. good surgical technique plays a part in determining how much and what kind of adjuvant therapy is needed.  Am interested to see how research compares 3 month dosages of oxilaplatin to 6 months dosages. Intresting.

Karen