Mom is now one of our Angels

sleepless in jersey
sleepless in jersey Member Posts: 185
edited March 2013 in Lung Cancer #1

I know I haven't been on in a long time...just wanted to let you all know Mom's journey has ended after 2 years and 2 mos. of fighting on Saturday March 2nd at home. She was a fighter if I know one...Onc stated in October she shouldn't be able to hear with the amt of tumors in her head, through out her bones and lungs. Onc also said she only had a couple of weeks and that was back than...

I want to read you one of her prayer cards that also my brother had read instead of the litergy that was suppose to have been read at the church.

Also one of the songs we chose to have the pianist play was one of my Mom's favorite...she lit up when it came on the radio, it also was the first at the church to be played...Bruno Mars "Just the way you are"

If Roses Grow in Heaven            

If Roses grow in Heaven

Lord, please pick a bunch for me.

Place them in my mother's arms

and tell her they're from me.

Tell her that I love her

and miss her,

and when she turns to smile,

place a kiss upon her cheek

and hold her for awhile.

Because remembering her is easy,

I do it everyday,

but there's an ache

within my heart

that will never go away.

I want to thank you my friends for being there...

I will continue to pray

God Bless

Sleepless

My Mom who’s 62 now. Has been DX 1/3/11 NSCLC (Adeno) Triple mutation neg. 10 days of WBR and brain surgery 1/11, started Carboplatin/Alimta/Zameta and B12, showed 1 tumor growing switched TX to Taxotere/Zameta 5/11 too many side effects, tumors have grown, port put in 8/11, thoracenteses x2 neg.- CA, pleurodesis on both lungs 8/11 & 10/11. Gemzar 8/11 growth and too many side effects.11/16/11 started Navelbine. 5//12 scans showed some growth to chest wall, switch to Topotecan. 7/12 progression with several brain mets, poss lepto. Tarceva 7/12.

Comments

• dennycee
    dennycee Member Posts: 857 Member
    Dear Sleepless,
    so sorry for

Dear Sleepless,

so sorry for your loss.  The poem was beautiful thank you for sharing it.  Your love for your mom came through so strong in each of your entries.  Please come back and visit us from time to time. 

• jalu
    jalu Member Posts: 58
    I AM SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS...

I read your post with tears in my eyes.  And I cry.  I am so very sorry for your loss.

My time is very near and I will lose lmy Mother soon.  The lung cancer is fine -- it is the metastasis to the brain that is killing her.  We are in the "last resort" phase of things with today being her tenth whole brain radiation treatment -- and three more to go.  They are literally "frying" her brain and we will be lucky I feel to have her for six more months.  The suffering is killing me.

God bless you -- you did all you could and you don't have to worry about any physical suffering for your Mother ever again.  What fills your Mother's heart now is to look down and see you happy in your life.  It is hard...like you say above, "but there is an ache within my heart that will NEVER go away."

I'm right there with you and thank you for sharing.      

• katenorwood
    katenorwood Member Posts: 1,912
    words can not express

Hey there,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  I know how it feels to lose a mother to the beast.  I myself am doing battle with the enemy also.  What beautiful words, to express the love you and your family had for your special very much loved Mother.  My thoughts are with you all at this very difficult time.   Katie

• sleepless in jersey
    sleepless in jersey Member Posts: 185

words can not express

Hey there,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  I know how it feels to lose a mother to the beast.  I myself am doing battle with the enemy also.  What beautiful words, to express the love you and your family had for your special very much loved Mother.  My thoughts are with you all at this very difficult time.   Katie

Thanks to all

Thanks to all of you for your kind words!

You all continue to stay positive and fight the beast...I always told mom there is no room for negativity, because cancer thrives on negativity so try to keep your chin up and keep a positive attitude...you'll be in my prayers!

God Bless

Sleepless

• kado4
    kado4 Member Posts: 80

Thanks to all

Thanks to all of you for your kind words!

You all continue to stay positive and fight the beast...I always told mom there is no room for negativity, because cancer thrives on negativity so try to keep your chin up and keep a positive attitude...you'll be in my prayers!

God Bless

Sleepless

My sympathies are with you

I am so sorry for your loss. Yes, indeed your mother was a fighter.You should hold your head high, and be so proud of her, and her strength and her strong will to live.I can only imagine your sorrow and feelings of loss, as my father is still fighting now for almost 2 yrs in May.

I pray for the peace you will find knowing she is in God's heavenly home.

God Bless You,Kado