"What you eat before surgery may affect your recovery":(Plus-chemo shortage still?)

coloCan
coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member
edited March 2013 in Colorectal Cancer #1

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2013-03-surgery-affect-recovery.html

(tho of course clear everything first with your surgeon and others on your medica lteam)

anybody affected by this

www.healthnewsdigest.com/news/Cancer_Issues_660/Cancer-Drug-Shortages-Mean-Higher-Costs-and-Greater-Risk-for-Patients.shtml

Drugs include fluorouracil and leucovorin.....I first wrote of this probably 2-3 years ago!!!!!

Comments

• thxmiker
    thxmiker Member Posts: 1,278 Member
    I wake up early on Chemo days

I wake up early on Chemo days so I can eat a huge breakfast and have it mostly digested before Chemo.  This does help me with the nausea. It also helps if I need to lose it that there is not much there to lose.

I am doing Folfiri and it makes me severly nauseated.   Folfox made me have diarrhea and slightly nauseated. 

Best Always,  mike

• renw
    renw Member Posts: 282 Member
    Shortages are great for
    Shortages are great for business. They justify the high prices pharma is able to charge.
  • coloCan
    coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member
    renw said:

Shortages are great for
    Shortages are great for business. They justify the high prices pharma is able to charge.

Value of exercise in period between preop Tx and Surgery:

www.healthcanal.com/cancers/37138-Exercise-could-key-success-cancer-surgery.html

(tho the way my **** was hurtin after chemo and rad prior to surgery,using bike was impossible.....I did start lifting (very light)wgts again and doing bodyweight stuff to prep for what was to come and gained ten pounds as well