Introduction...waiting for scan results. UPDATE...

AnnLouise
AnnLouise Member Posts: 276 Member
edited March 2013 in Colorectal Cancer #1

I am new to the board but not to colon cancer. I was diagnosed in Nov. 2011 with stage IV colon cancer. I have read the postings and the supportive responses for a month and would l would love to be a part of this wonderful, caring community. I had a pet scan and cea blood test yesterday and am waiting for results...the waiting never gets easier!!!! Should get results tomorrow. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you and I am always willing and ready to listen.   ~Ann.          

Thank you for the welcome...it really means a lot to me....

Pet scan results came back last week and actually saw the scan on the computer on Wednesday at the radiologists office, where he could explain the details. Both good and bad news but now I have a tentative plan. Good news is that my liver is clear after having SIRT done in November and December. One lung met lit up very bright, while 3 smaller ones did not. A new spot on abdominal wall lit up and something vague on my neck, which I had a ct done Wednesday. Get measured for external radiation on Monday for the lung, can't ablate because it is on a blood vessel. Five rounds of radiation every other day and then we will radiate the abdominal wall. I will know about the neck when the ct scan comes back. Meanwhile I will continue xeloda ( finished third round today). Thanks for listening......~ Ann

Comments

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    Let me have the honer to be

Let me have the honer to be the first to welcome you here. you have found a great community.  I am a 7 1/2 year stage IV survivor. It took me six years to find this site I am sure glad I did. We are like a family here.

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member
    Hi Ann!    I joined in August

Hi Ann!    I joined in August 2012 after finding out my husband has stage 4 rectal cancer.   This place has been an unbelievable source of comfort and support.   I can't imagine what a mess I'd be without being able to "talk" to these people and hear their stories.   I hope your scan results are great - still waiting on my husband's from last Friday.  The waiting is horrible!  

• Chelsea71
    Chelsea71 Member Posts: 1,169 Member
    Hello and welcome. Please
    Hello and welcome. Please let us know the outcome of the scan. You will get lots of support here regardless of the results. Hoping for the very best. Good luck.

Chelsea
  • hippiechicks
    hippiechicks Member Posts: 509 Member
    Hello...welcome.  This is a

Hello...welcome.  This is a wonderful place to share and learn. 

• Brenda Bricco
    Brenda Bricco Member Posts: 579 Member
    Welcome Ann, I hope you get

Welcome Ann, I hope you get great results!

Brenda

• AnnLouise
    AnnLouise Member Posts: 276 Member
    Thanks again for the welcome.....

And the update is on my original post.....~Ann

• Deena11
    Deena11 Member Posts: 199 Member
    Hug to you

We are here to support you.  I know this is a scary time for you.

HUGS.

• Maxiecat
    Maxiecat Member Posts: 544 Member
    Welcome to the group...glad

Welcome to the group...glad you found us. .... Alex

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member
    Sorry it wasnt all good
    Sorry it wasnt all good news...
  • k44454445
    k44454445 Member Posts: 494
    welcome

glad you found us. sorry for what you are going thru. stay strong!!!

prayers for you

hugs

judy

• dixonduke
    dixonduke Member Posts: 7
    k44454445 said:

welcome

glad you found us. sorry for what you are going thru. stay strong!!!

prayers for you

hugs

judy

I agree...the people here
    I agree...the people here have been awesome and supportive in the short time I have been here.

Welcome!
  • annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    Welcome from one Ann,

to another.  Wish the scan results would have been better for you, but having a plan is always a good thing!   Please keep us posted how things are going for you.  Ann Alexandria

• YoVita
    YoVita Member Posts: 590 Member
    welcome to a very supportive group

Sorry about mixed results. Glad you have a plan. Good luck and keep us posted.

• devotion10
    devotion10 Member Posts: 623 Member
    Welcome Ann to a great and supportive group of people

I bet having a plan has made you feel more in control of your situation. Glad you joined. -- Cynthia