Stage 4B Uterine Cancer

Rev_Ted
Rev_Ted Member Posts: 14

My wife was recently diagnosed with Stage 4B Uterine cancer. I was wondering if there are any people who have beaten stage 4b or are currently undergoing treatment right now. Thank you and God Bless. Ted

Comments

• sunflash
    sunflash Member Posts: 197 Member
    Hi Rev Ted,
    So sorry your

Hi Rev Ted,

So sorry your wife is dealing with this. I didn't have stage 4 but there are others here who have stage 4 and are currently in treatment. Please know that everyone responds to treatment differently and there is always hope of kicking this terrible disease.

Can you tell us what type of uterine cancer your wife has, what is the grade of her cancer, and has she started treatment yet?

It's great that you're reaching out to others for support......as long as we're fighting, we need to fight this battle together! Please don't hesitate to ask any question at all, it really helps to get your questions answered, and who better to do this then those right here.

Sending prayers for you and your wife.......

• Sara Zipora
    Sara Zipora Member Posts: 231
    Stage IV b grade iii

Yup me too. Diagnosed July 2010 still fighting but mostly living After three recurrences, chemo two rounds, three rounds radiation.

TG grandson Bar Mitzva tomorrow then flying off for  r&r

your wife is lucky to have you in her battle both physically. And spiritually.

we are all cases of one!

we're here for each other!

Sara

• artist49
    artist49 Member Posts: 87
    stage 4B

I tell my story because I know that it always gives people hope. I was diagnosed with UPSC, the very agressive type of endometrial cancer, in September 2010 -

stage 4B Grade 3  with cancer found in 39 lymph nodes.  After chemo at Sloan and continuing maintenance with avastin (every 3 weeks) I'm still in remission

living a normal, active life.  Please don't lose hope because there is hope!! Besides conventional treatment, seek out advice on diet and exercise and FOLLOW it!

Good luck.

• Rev_Ted
    sunflash said:

Hi Rev Ted,
    So sorry your

Hi Rev Ted,

So sorry your wife is dealing with this. I didn't have stage 4 but there are others here who have stage 4 and are currently in treatment. Please know that everyone responds to treatment differently and there is always hope of kicking this terrible disease.

Can you tell us what type of uterine cancer your wife has, what is the grade of her cancer, and has she started treatment yet?

It's great that you're reaching out to others for support......as long as we're fighting, we need to fight this battle together! Please don't hesitate to ask any question at all, it really helps to get your questions answered, and who better to do this then those right here.

Sending prayers for you and your wife.......

She has Stage 4B Uterine

She has Stage 4B Uterine Cancer. Right now they can't do any treatment because she's fighting sepsis. The tumor is almost the size of a football and it broke through the uterine wall and perforated her bowl. That caused her to become sepsis. She had to have emergency surgery to clean it out and the doctors didn't think she would even make it through that first night. Thankfully God pulled her through and she beat those odds. Right now she's been battling the infection and trying to get stronger but it seems like we take 3 steps forward and two steps back. For the past week she had been running temps between 101-102 and they finally think they figured out why. They found two abcesses in her abdomen that they are going to go in and put in drainage tubes tomorrow to get it out. They said that where they are the antibiotics can't reach it. Then from there it's pretty much trying to get her using her hands, feet, arms, legs again. They have been keeping her on a c-pap and they've been trying to ween her off but she hasn't passed the tests to do it just yet she's just so weak. So it's been a tough battle to face when you know that she needs treatment so bad but she can't get it yet. From what the doctors did tell us was that they are planning on Chemo and as much radiation as she can take. They don't know if they'll ever be able to get the tumor out. The initial plan was to do the complete hysterctomy but that's been thrown out the door right now. It's just so much to take in and I wish I would wake up and it would be just a bad dream.

• Rev_Ted

Stage IV b grade iii

Yup me too. Diagnosed July 2010 still fighting but mostly living After three recurrences, chemo two rounds, three rounds radiation.

TG grandson Bar Mitzva tomorrow then flying off for  r&r

your wife is lucky to have you in her battle both physically. And spiritually.

we are all cases of one!

we're here for each other!

Sara

Thank you Sara. It's been

Thank you Sara. It's been such a test of my faith and everything I believe in. For the first week I just cried and cried. It's painful to see her like she is but I go in everyday being positive and encouraging. I'm ready to fight this battle with her, I just want her to get the fighting chance to do it. It's like we are facing so many other things besides cancer. Reading the stories have been a blessing and have given me more hope that it's beatable.

• NorahS
    NorahS Member Posts: 92
    artist49 said:

stage 4B

I tell my story because I know that it always gives people hope. I was diagnosed with UPSC, the very agressive type of endometrial cancer, in September 2010 -

stage 4B Grade 3  with cancer found in 39 lymph nodes.  After chemo at Sloan and continuing maintenance with avastin (every 3 weeks) I'm still in remission

living a normal, active life.  Please don't lose hope because there is hope!! Besides conventional treatment, seek out advice on diet and exercise and FOLLOW it!

Good luck.

...I'm over here in this corner of the world, pulling for your wife and hope that each day finds her stronger and feeling better. 

If that can be accomplished, then it's onto chemo (usually quite "do-able") and radiation. 

Please continue to update us on how your wife is doing (by the way, what is your wife's name?) 

• nancy9
    nancy9 Member Posts: 35
    Sorry that your wife is going

Sorry that your wife is going through this.  I have stage 3 and just finished chemo and currently going through radiation.  One of the things I discovered is having a positive attitude is what keeps me going.  Even those around me that stay positive helps a lot.  I wish you and your wife well and you are in my prayers and thoughts. 

• Ro10
    Ro10 Member Posts: 1,561 Member
    nancy9 said:

Sorry that your wife is going

Sorry that your wife is going through this.  I have stage 3 and just finished chemo and currently going through radiation.  One of the things I discovered is having a positive attitude is what keeps me going.  Even those around me that stay positive helps a lot.  I wish you and your wife well and you are in my prayers and thoughts. 

My thoughts and prayers go out for you and your wife.  What an uphill battle she is facing with the sepsis.  Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon and take care of the infection.  I know this is very difficult for you, too.  I pray for increased strength and courage for both of you as you go thought this journey.  In peace and caring.

• Lesa Plano
    Lesa Plano Member Posts: 12

I am so sorry for what you are going through.  Besides loving her make sure you tell her daily how much you admire her courage and fight and that you need her.  It will help her to fight on.  She need you to be the stong one right now so that she can focus on fighting to be with you.  Let her know we are all in her corner and we will say prayers for her.  Never put a period where God has inserted a comma!! 

• Lesa Plano
    Lesa Plano Member Posts: 12

I am so sorry for what you are going through.  Besides loving her make sure you tell her daily how much you admire her courage and fight and that you need her.  It will help her to fight on.  She need you to be the stong one right now so that she can focus on fighting to be with you.  Let her know we are all in her corner and we will say prayers for her.  Never put a period where God has inserted a comma!! 

• runwithloki
    runwithloki Member Posts: 16
    artist49 said:

stage 4B

Good luck.

Hope!

Thanks for offering some words of hope, artist49. My mom, initially diagnosed with stage 3C grade 3 endometrial cancer one year ago, just advanced to stage 4B, with a tumor found on her appendix and some spots on her liver as well. Can I ask what kind of chemo you had that successfully put you in remission? That is very impressive and it's so helpful to hear some hopeful stories when everything looks so bleak.

She did well with her initial chemo (carbo/taxol) last spring/summer and then followed it with external radiation (which was much harder on her). She's had a lingering side/back pain that no one could diagnose (why wouldn't they do a scan on someone who has been in treatment for such an aggressive cancer?!) until she finally went to the ER a few weeks ago and they found the tumor.

They just started a new chemo regime (carb + doxil) yesterday but they said that she probably wouldn't notice any difference until after the second treatment at least (not so comforting when the second treatment is 4 weeks away!). I'm really hoping that this combo will help shrink her new tumors but I'm wondering how likely that may be, considering she has already had chemo previously?

Thanks.

• Rev_Ted
    NorahS said:

...I'm over here in this corner of the world, pulling for your wife and hope that each day finds her stronger and feeling better. 

If that can be accomplished, then it's onto chemo (usually quite "do-able") and radiation. 

Please continue to update us on how your wife is doing (by the way, what is your wife's name?) 

Her name is Michele. She's

Her name is Michele. She's doing a little better. Today they did two procedures on her. #1 they went in and put in a drainage tube and it's doing the job. And secondly they did tracheostomy to lower the risk of pneumonia and make it easier on her when they keep trying to ween her off the c-pap machine. Other then that all of her labs are coming back well and she keeps beating the odds each and ever day. I'll be so happy when she's more stable and healthier to tackle our next challenge, Cancer.

• Rev_Ted
    Ro10 said:

My thoughts and prayers go out for you and your wife.  What an uphill battle she is facing with the sepsis.  Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon and take care of the infection.  I know this is very difficult for you, too.  I pray for increased strength and courage for both of you as you go thought this journey.  In peace and caring.

Thank you for your thoughts

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

• ryan5014
    ryan5014 Member Posts: 3
    I posted earlier

Well I just posted about my mom with one response but my moms cancer is advanced. It was a huge shock for all of us, but the one thing she has done to keep fighting was to not tell numbers scare her. She has been very resilient through all this and keeps moving forward. She is also a social worker so you can imagine what she has to deal with. She  did taxol carbo, germzar carbo and now txoil. Germzar seemed to work well for a while. The best advice it keep her motivated to do well. It is a sock at first, but as time goes on, you live to learn with it as a family. She has been an incredible inspiration to me. I have also been going through hell myself and watching her move forward has kept me motivated. Make sure u get a good doctor!!!!! It makes all the difference! Dont let anyone ever tell u there is no hope, my moms cancer is very rare and aggressive, but shes still going 2 years and 3 months strong.

• NorahS
    NorahS Member Posts: 92
    Rev_Ted said:

Her name is Michele. She's

Her name is Michele. She's doing a little better. Today they did two procedures on her. #1 they went in and put in a drainage tube and it's doing the job. And secondly they did tracheostomy to lower the risk of pneumonia and make it easier on her when they keep trying to ween her off the c-pap machine. Other then that all of her labs are coming back well and she keeps beating the odds each and ever day. I'll be so happy when she's more stable and healthier to tackle our next challenge, Cancer.

Encouraging to hear that Michele is making progress...

...the drainage tube is working, the labs are coming back with better numbers and they did a trach to lower the risk of pneumonia. Small, but encouraging steps.   

If a friend or family member asks what they can do to help - ask them to pick you up a copy of "Anti-Cancer, A New Way of Life" by David Servan-Schreiber. This is a very important book and while Michele is recuperating, you can get a jump start reading up on what will become a new way of life - for both of you.

• Rev_Ted
    ryan5014 said:

I posted earlier

Well I just posted about my mom with one response but my moms cancer is advanced. It was a huge shock for all of us, but the one thing she has done to keep fighting was to not tell numbers scare her. She has been very resilient through all this and keeps moving forward. She is also a social worker so you can imagine what she has to deal with. She  did taxol carbo, germzar carbo and now txoil. Germzar seemed to work well for a while. The best advice it keep her motivated to do well. It is a sock at first, but as time goes on, you live to learn with it as a family. She has been an incredible inspiration to me. I have also been going through hell myself and watching her move forward has kept me motivated. Make sure u get a good doctor!!!!! It makes all the difference! Dont let anyone ever tell u there is no hope, my moms cancer is very rare and aggressive, but shes still going 2 years and 3 months strong.

Ryan5014

I guess for me in the back of my mind when they told us cancer I was in shock. The kind of cancer she has made me think okay no big deal just go in and do the hysterectomy and we're good. That's how I was trying to deal with it and look at it. And when they told us how bad it was it was like all the air in my lungs exited and i couldn't breathe. They thought I was going to pass out from the panic attack. Then it was like a rush of memories months prior to seeing her get sicker and then guilt of why didn't we act sooner followed by WHY. I think for me after going through this for the past three weeks has really changed me and my output on life. I'm grateful for the seconds, minutes, hours, days, months, and years that I've been given to share with her. I told her yesterday that I'm ready to fight with you and so is the family.

• Kathy G.
    Kathy G. Member Posts: 244 Member

Reverend Ted,

Your wife is blessed to have such a supportive and loving husband and that will be one of the keys to pulling her through this!

My prayers are with you!

Kathy

• jazzy1
    jazzy1 Member Posts: 1,379
    Rev_Ted said:

Ryan5014

I guess for me in the back of my mind when they told us cancer I was in shock. The kind of cancer she has made me think okay no big deal just go in and do the hysterectomy and we're good. That's how I was trying to deal with it and look at it. And when they told us how bad it was it was like all the air in my lungs exited and i couldn't breathe. They thought I was going to pass out from the panic attack. Then it was like a rush of memories months prior to seeing her get sicker and then guilt of why didn't we act sooner followed by WHY. I think for me after going through this for the past three weeks has really changed me and my output on life. I'm grateful for the seconds, minutes, hours, days, months, and years that I've been given to share with her. I told her yesterday that I'm ready to fight with you and so is the family.

You hit the nail on the head with comments about "BEING GRATEFUL FOR THE SECONDS, MINUTES, HOURS, DAYS, ....".  Cancer tends to change us and we have a "new normal
     with life.  What it has done to me, made me appreciate each day and minute and love everyone around me.  Sorta like a wakeup call isn't it?

Your wife is so, so lucky to have you beside her, as many of us don't have that support...thus the journey is very tough!!  Be there for her and know many of us even with stage 4 cancer are surviving and enjoying life years later.  Don't give up hope as God works in mysterious ways and you must believe she will be here next to you for a long, long time.

Hugs and keep the positive juices flowing

Jan

Plaque on my oncologist's office ----

You're a statistic of ONE!!! Smile

• Rev_Ted
    jazzy1 said:

You hit the nail on the head with comments about "BEING GRATEFUL FOR THE SECONDS, MINUTES, HOURS, DAYS, ....".  Cancer tends to change us and we have a "new normal
     with life.  What it has done to me, made me appreciate each day and minute and love everyone around me.  Sorta like a wakeup call isn't it?

Your wife is so, so lucky to have you beside her, as many of us don't have that support...thus the journey is very tough!!  Be there for her and know many of us even with stage 4 cancer are surviving and enjoying life years later.  Don't give up hope as God works in mysterious ways and you must believe she will be here next to you for a long, long time.

Hugs and keep the positive juices flowing

Jan

Plaque on my oncologist's office ----

You're a statistic of ONE!!! Smile

I visited her tonight and for

I visited her tonight and for the firs time since being in the hospital she was awake and more aware then she had been. I got to joke around with her and tell her that she's to stubborn to lose to cancer. She just nodded her head like she always does with the "you know that's right look." We found out that the tumor has invaded her colon now so it's doing some damage and we can't really do anything about it just yet. I keep praying each and everyday for her to at least get the fighting chance.

• txtrisha55
    txtrisha55 Member Posts: 693 Member
    Rev_Ted said:

Ryan5014

Praying for your wife and you.

It always comes as a shock I think.  I am stage 3C  grade 3 uterine cancer and 21 months out from DX.  There is always HOPE. Your wife is lucky to have a strong partner with her to support her.  I had my daughter , her husband, my grandson wo does not understand but bought me great comfort, my sister and friends to support me through my journey that still contin ues.  Now that I have gone through this I tell all my women friends to pay attention to their bodies and if you think something is wrong, go to the doctor, do not wait.  This is a learning experience that I do not wish on anyone.  Keep on taking care of yourself so that you can help take care of your wife.  Prayers to you both. trish