Another loss today

tootsie1
tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member

Hi, Everyone.

Today Bill and I went to Virginia to attend the funeral of our former pastor and dear friend. He had colon cancer...I've been struggling with this a lot since I heard that he had passed away. Survivor's guilt is wearing me down. I'm SO grateful my cancer was discovered early, but I weep so for those who have not had the same path. My heart is very heavy.

*hugs*

Gail

Comments

• Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Gail

Gail,

I am sorry about the loss of your friend.  I know, so many lost to this disease.  My prayers are with you and your friends family.

Aloha,

Kathleen

• Joy1216
    Joy1216 Member Posts: 290 Member
    Sorry

Gail, I'm sorry to hear of your loss.  As a fellow Stage I colon cancer survivor, I do understand all about survivor's guilt.  I tell myself that the reason I'm still here is that God still has more for me to do on this earth.

Joy

• wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
    Joy1216 said:

Sorry

Gail, I'm sorry to hear of your loss.  As a fellow Stage I colon cancer survivor, I do understand all about survivor's guilt.  I tell myself that the reason I'm still here is that God still has more for me to do on this earth.

Joy

Gail

I'm very sorry for the loss of your friend. This disease is just so relentless. For some, no matter how fast they run, cancer wins the race.

Take care,

Luv,

Wolfen

• pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    my prayers dear gail

maybe we are all born to find peace, that my goal.

my illness often my greatest challenge.

living a joyful life my goal, i to am having some of these survivors guilt feelings.

while I have life I have the chance of service to others. if its possible smile, your pastor is at peace with his lord.

hugs,

pete

• Coloncancerblows
    Coloncancerblows Member Posts: 296 Member
    So sorry Gail for your loss. 

So sorry Gail for your loss. 

• Chelsea71
    Chelsea71 Member Posts: 1,169 Member
    Sorry for your loss. I find
    Sorry for your loss. I find it really hits home when I learn of someone passing away of cancer, especially colon.

Chelsea
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    Big hugs
    Love you
  • joemetz
    joemetz Member Posts: 493
    gilt

so sorry for your loss and for your feelings of guilt.

However, I truly believe... those who have lost their battles would not be happy with you feeling guilty.

carry on, celebrate their life, and continue to fight your battle, in their honor!

Hugs.

• Maxiecat
    Maxiecat Member Posts: 544 Member
    Gail...I am so sorry.

alex

Gail...I am so sorry.

alex

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Beautiful flowers

Try not to have 'Survivor gullt'.  Live your life to the fullest, live for those we have lost. See the beauty around you, and smell the flowers. Smell them for your Pastor. Talk to him, up there somewhere and tell him you're enjoying the beauty of life for him as well as yourself. 

I am so sorry for your loss, but I bet he doesn't want you waisting a precious moment on this earth worrying over why you should live and his doesn't. 

Oh dear! That sounded like a lecture.

Life can be beautiful, even in our sorrows.