Hi mates it is FRIDAY here , any interesting plan for the weekend?

pepebcn
pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
It's quite cold here and windy,so the best is stay at home and go to the cinemas tonight ,any suggesting movie?. what about you mates?

Comments

• Coloncancerblows
    Coloncancerblows Member Posts: 296 Member
    I start my chemo next week so

I start my chemo next week so this might be my last normal weekend for a while.  Mexican food every night and margaritas!!

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member

I start my chemo next week so

I start my chemo next week so this might be my last normal weekend for a while.  Mexican food every night and margaritas!!

Enjoy your mexican food and

Enjoy your mexican food and margaritas!   I hope you do well with the chemo.  My husband has managed ok....though I'm not sure if this is a normal side effect (thought of it when you mentioned mexican food!) the chemo seems to give him the most God awful gas!  Ugh!

Make sure you post any side effects and there is a good chance someone here will have a fix!  My husband's first treatment he was really constipated and was up all night for days.  Turns out it was the steroid he was given. We mentioned to the dr and she got the dose in 1/2 and he was fine after.

My weekend will be laundry, cleaning, hanging out with the family and hopefully staying warm and safe during the 'blizzard of the century"!  

• Coloncancerblows
    jen2012 said:

Enjoy your mexican food and

Enjoy your mexican food and margaritas!   I hope you do well with the chemo.  My husband has managed ok....though I'm not sure if this is a normal side effect (thought of it when you mentioned mexican food!) the chemo seems to give him the most God awful gas!  Ugh!

Make sure you post any side effects and there is a good chance someone here will have a fix!  My husband's first treatment he was really constipated and was up all night for days.  Turns out it was the steroid he was given. We mentioned to the dr and she got the dose in 1/2 and he was fine after.

My weekend will be laundry, cleaning, hanging out with the family and hopefully staying warm and safe during the 'blizzard of the century"!  

Thanks Jen

Good to know about the gas! I'm sure mexican food won't be something I'll be able to hold down and it's my favorite food!  Stay warm during your blizzard. I'm in Texas and it's in the 70's.

• smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member

Thanks Jen

Good to know about the gas! I'm sure mexican food won't be something I'll be able to hold down and it's my favorite food!  Stay warm during your blizzard. I'm in Texas and it's in the 70's.

We're having a major

We're having a major blizzard,  t.v. is telling people to stay put.....sooooo much snow.   Nurse came for disconnect and left to go home, anyone she could cancel, she was cancelling.....I'm getting prepared going on holiday down south, where it's warm ocean and beaches....gotta find my summer clothes!! Laughing

• jen2012

Thanks Jen

ok no need to brag about your

ok no need to brag about your weather :)!  

You may not have to give up your mexican food...we still have it regularly!

• Coloncancerblows
    jen2012 said:

ok no need to brag about your

ok no need to brag about your weather :)!  

You may not have to give up your mexican food...we still have it regularly!

Sweet about the mexican

Sweet about the mexican food!  I hope I can still eat it and hold it down. 

• Maxiecat
    Maxiecat Member Posts: 544 Member
    I am just trying to stay warm

I am just trying to stay warm this weekend.   Am going to try to work on my needlework this weekend to try to keep my mind from worrying about my liver MRI that I had today.   I won't know the results until Thursday.  Tomorrow night we have a girl scouts evening where the girls are going to learn all about Cuba ... We are going to be having Cuban food for dinner!

Alex

• abrub
    abrub Member Posts: 2,174 Member
    Assuming we can get there, curling this weekend

And next as well (tho then I'll be traveling to Wisconsin for a major curling event.)  This weekend's question mark is the snowstorm in the NorthEast.  So far, we've only had a little snow, but they are predicting up to 14 inches (35cm) or more.

We'll see.

Alice

• Helen321
    Helen321 Member Posts: 1,459 Member
    Sleep, sleep and more sleep! 

Sleep, sleep and more sleep!  Just had surgery last week.  Today I required 3 naps and we're mid blizzard here.  I think that calls for sleeping, movies and a few board games with the kids.

• Helen321
    Helen321 Member Posts: 1,459 Member
    Maxiecat said:

I am just trying to stay warm this weekend.   Am going to try to work on my needlework this weekend to try to keep my mind from worrying about my liver MRI that I had today.   I won't know the results until Thursday.  Tomorrow night we have a girl scouts evening where the girls are going to learn all about Cuba ... We are going to be having Cuban food for dinner!

Alex

Cuban food sounds fabulous! 

Cuban food sounds fabulous!  Viva el Cuba!  Enjoy.

• marbleotis
    marbleotis Member Posts: 720 Member
    Just Enjoying

Just enjoying life!

• marbleotis
    marbleotis Member Posts: 720 Member
    Maxiecat said:

Alex

Hi Maxi

Please keep me posted on scan.......as one signet cell to another!  I am keeping good thoughts for you.

• steveandnat
    steveandnat Member Posts: 886
    1st birthday

I can't believe it but our grandbaby is turning one this weekend. My wife  and I planned on leaving this afternoon for Cincinnati but would you  believe it my wife got the stomach flu last night. I now have diariia  and not feeling to good. We are praying we will be better in the morning so we don't miss the grandbabies birthday party.  Pray we make it.  Jeff

• pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    its cold amd snowy here in duderstadt

i am writing my book. and will go to mass.

no movie cinemas here, town is too small.

even if it were, they would be in germanyCry

i hope everyone has a great weekend.

hugs,

Pete

• tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Sick

I'm trying to recover from sinusitis and bronchitis, so mostly I'll be schlepping around the house in my robe and nightgown.

*hugs*

Gail

• lilacbrroller
    lilacbrroller Member Posts: 412 Member
    taxes and netflix

Yup. Going to gather my tax paperwork together.  Have to watch two Netflix discs so I can send them back - they're gathering dust already. 

Not an exciting weekend -

going to do more steps.

I have a Striiv pedometer, which some people call "the farmville pedometer" because by exercising you earn energy to grow plants and trees on a virtual island, it sounds hokey but is very motivating for a marginally active person.  www.striiv.com  I think it's designed for inactive people anyway as a jogger could blow through the whole circuit in a much shorter time.  I used to be very active and needed something to get me moving again after chemo. I usually swim for exercise but onc and nurses recoil in horror when I say public swimming pool - immune system issues - so that's out.  So walking and low impact exercising are it for now.

happy weekend everyone

Karin

• Cathleen Mary
    Cathleen Mary Member Posts: 827 Member

taxes and netflix

Yup. Going to gather my tax paperwork together.  Have to watch two Netflix discs so I can send them back - they're gathering dust already. 

Not an exciting weekend -

going to do more steps.

I have a Striiv pedometer, which some people call "the farmville pedometer" because by exercising you earn energy to grow plants and trees on a virtual island, it sounds hokey but is very motivating for a marginally active person.  www.striiv.com  I think it's designed for inactive people anyway as a jogger could blow through the whole circuit in a much shorter time.  I used to be very active and needed something to get me moving again after chemo. I usually swim for exercise but onc and nurses recoil in horror when I say public swimming pool - immune system issues - so that's out.  So walking and low impact exercising are it for now.

happy weekend everyone

Karin

Snow, Snow, and more Snow

Living in Boston, I remain hunkered down in this incredible storm.  Looks more dangerous than winter wonderland. I did have a colonoscopy on Thursday and had 4 polyps removed...otherwise, good. Thoughts and prayers for all here going through so much.

Stay warm and safe.

Cathleen Mary

• jen2012
    The amount of snow is
    The amount of snow is overwhelming! Between 2 1/2 to 3 ft...not going anywhere!
  • Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member

Sweet about the mexican

Sweet about the mexican food!  I hope I can still eat it and hold it down. 

With the metal mouth, spicy

With the metal mouth, spicy food is a godsend; at least you can taste it. The bad part for me (may not be for you) is the heartburn that follows. 

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Enjoy whatever I can

I'm into my good days, so intend to enjoy being active and eating food. 

A skiff of snow over night for us, thank goodness, so I can get out and about, which in this small rural desert town means Wal-Mart and Raley's. Ah, the highlights of my week....NOT!