Hi mates, it is FRIDAY ! Any interesting plan for the weekend?

pepebcn
pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
Here just go to cinema and lunch with family on Friday!
What about you mates?

Comments

• luvinlife2
    luvinlife2 Member Posts: 172 Member
    Hey Pepe :)

It's Friday here too and I should be in bed...lol.   Let's see, um kinda busy this weekend trying to get things done before chemo on Monday.  My niece has the lead in a play "Little Orphan Annie" which I'll be going to on Saturday afternoon.  Saturday evening going out for a "Ladies" evening with a couple of my besties...I'm the DD (designated driver) again...lol.  Sunday friends are having us over for dinner.

It's cold but sunny here and should be for the entire weekend, so will be a good one!!  :)

• Momof2plusteentwins
    Momof2plusteentwins Member Posts: 509 Member
    Family Time
    Rented a lake house at Lake Lanier Islands Resort in Atlanta, about 2 hour drive from our house. My 2 married children and spouses and twin 15 year old boys and husband and I. Going hiking, playing poker, having a fire in fireplace, eating at lodge, should be fun. Hope everyone has a nice weekend!
    Sandy :)
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145

Family Time
    Rented a lake house at Lake Lanier Islands Resort in Atlanta, about 2 hour drive from our house. My 2 married children and spouses and twin 15 year old boys and husband and I. Going hiking, playing poker, having a fire in fireplace, eating at lodge, should be fun. Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

Not going to the playoff

Not going to the playoff game?  Traffic is horrible.

• ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    I will be at home the whole

I will be at home the whole weekend. I am still trying to finish that book and I am still trying to get over the illness of 2013.  I will cook relax. 

By the way my mom has fatty tissue on her liver. I am scared for her.

• steveandnat
    steveandnat Member Posts: 886
    Staying close to home

No big plans for the weekend.  To much flu going around here in Indiana to mingle with too many people. Pray everyone has a safe and peaceful weekend.  Jeff

• barbebarb
    barbebarb Member Posts: 464

Staying close to home

No big plans for the weekend.  To much flu going around here in Indiana to mingle with too many people. Pray everyone has a safe and peaceful weekend.  Jeff

Home too
    Cleaning up house and working on financial paperwork...a must do.
    Neighbor who is like a sister is getting together with me on Sunday.
    Hope to make it to church on Sunday - young pastor is very inspirational and I love the music.
    Sunday I stop my dexamethasone steroid - very difficult - have not been able to sleep and it makes you very emotional...
    Trying to be strong Tuesday, I find out treatment plan for liver, etc.
    Weather in Chicago area is warm! :-)
    Barb
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    celebrating pepe

yoga and mass like most weekends, two weeks and counting totake off back to germany.

did you notice the results post, cea now 3.8 no systemic chemo. i have a workable non conventional therapy, that non toxic and is the best thing since sliced bread.

big party sunday arvo.

hugs,

Pete

• dmj101
    dmj101 Member Posts: 527 Member
    Well, it is Saturday here..

Well, it is Saturday here.. but I am going to share that friday night I had a date.... well a sort of date.. I went out with a man I met on a dating site.. I know crazy but over 40 it is really hard to meet people.. and I have to say in Jersey... people are so guarded which makes it even harder.. So here is the kicker.. it was a little strange.. I think there was some connection.. but it wasn't like an explosive connection.. but I guess that is good.. if things heat slowly maybe.. I didn't mention my cancer or my colostomy I am going to see how long I can hold off this conversation... but I know I will have to at some point.. After 40. the physical part of a relationship comes on really fast.. But this guy is a talker and well.. I am a talker too but he is a real word smith type... he doesn't talke above me just uses words that make you have to think... sign of a good education.. Well he called me before he went to bed and we spoke for about almost an hour... so wish me luck...

• Chelsea71
    Chelsea71 Member Posts: 1,169 Member
    dmj101 said:

Well, it is Saturday here.. but I am going to share that friday night I had a date.... well a sort of date.. I went out with a man I met on a dating site.. I know crazy but over 40 it is really hard to meet people.. and I have to say in Jersey... people are so guarded which makes it even harder.. So here is the kicker.. it was a little strange.. I think there was some connection.. but it wasn't like an explosive connection.. but I guess that is good.. if things heat slowly maybe.. I didn't mention my cancer or my colostomy I am going to see how long I can hold off this conversation... but I know I will have to at some point.. After 40. the physical part of a relationship comes on really fast.. But this guy is a talker and well.. I am a talker too but he is a real word smith type... he doesn't talke above me just uses words that make you have to think... sign of a good education.. Well he called me before he went to bed and we spoke for about almost an hour... so wish me luck...

Very exciting! Sounds
    Very exciting! Sounds promising. Good luck.

Chelsea
  • lilacbrroller
    lilacbrroller Member Posts: 412 Member
    basset therapy!

Visiting friends who have twin boys and a marvelous huggable slobbery basset hound.  Yeah!  Funny, though, that dog adores me. First time I saw him after chemo he didn't recognize me and didn't go crazy like he usually does when he first me - i think I smell differently, due to the drugs.   He ran around my house and sniffed everything, so i think now he knows it's me but he's a little confused.

- Karin

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    dmj101 said:

Well wishes

Wishing you much luck in the relationship department.

Talking is good.  Gives you a chance to learn more about each other.

How you met is not nearly so important as what comes after.

If/when you have the cancer/ostomy talk I hope that it will turn out ok.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    No excitement here

I spent Friday in the chemo room with sis as she got her 3rd treatment.  It was a long day for us both.

Today, I have just been kinda hanging out, but the list of house chores keeps getting longer, so will have to get at least a few done...lol.

Hope that all here find some enjoyment in their weekend.

Hugs and love to you Pepe,

Marie who loves kitties

• pepebcn

Hey Pepe :)

It's Friday here too and I should be in bed...lol.   Let's see, um kinda busy this weekend trying to get things done before chemo on Monday.  My niece has the lead in a play "Little Orphan Annie" which I'll be going to on Saturday afternoon.  Saturday evening going out for a "Ladies" evening with a couple of my besties...I'm the DD (designated driver) again...lol.  Sunday friends are having us over for dinner.

It's cold but sunny here and should be for the entire weekend, so will be a good one!!  :)

Enjoy your ladies gathering and the good weather!
    Have a big hug !
  • pepebcn

Family Time

That's an awesome plan Sandy!
    I rather be there !
    Enjoy it !
  • pepebcn
    ketziah35 said:

I will be at home the whole

I will be at home the whole weekend. I am still trying to finish that book and I am still trying to get over the illness of 2013.  I will cook relax. 

By the way my mom has fatty tissue on her liver. I am scared for her.

Enjoy your relaxed weekend Ketz!
    Don't worry about fatty tissue This weekend just relax my dearest friend!
    Hopping the best for mum have a big hug!
  • pepebcn

Staying close to home

Take care of you Jeff!
    Safe weekend to you as well.
  • pepebcn
    barbebarb said:

Home too
    Cleaning up house and working on financial paperwork...a must do.
    Neighbor who is like a sister is getting together with me on Sunday.
    Hope to make it to church on Sunday - young pastor is very inspirational and I love the music.
    Sunday I stop my dexamethasone steroid - very difficult - have not been able to sleep and it makes you very emotional...
    Trying to be strong Tuesday, I find out treatment plan for liver, etc.
    Weather in Chicago area is warm! :-)
    Barb

Barb got the same problem! I can't sleep very well
    Since 2 months ago ! Every night I get slept by 6 !
    Enjoy your friend and the weather Barb!
  • pepebcn

celebrating pepe

yoga and mass like most weekends, two weeks and counting totake off back to germany.

did you notice the results post, cea now 3.8 no systemic chemo. i have a workable non conventional therapy, that non toxic and is the best thing since sliced bread.

big party sunday arvo.

hugs,

Pete

I have seen your excellent results Pete!
    Congrats , hope you got time to come to see me this time,is just 1 ,5 hours flying !
    Hugs and again congratulations!
  • pepebcn
    dmj101 said:

It sounds excellent dmj !
    I wish you all the good luck of the world!
    Hope a big success on that!
    Have a big hug!
  • pepebcn
    Chelsea71 said:

Very exciting! Sounds
    Very exciting! Sounds promising. Good luck.

Chelsea

I agree!
    Have a great weekend Chelsea!