CRAIG!!!!!!!!!

Nana b
Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award

Amazon Publishing

Amazon Publishing

From international best sellersdebut fiction, and books for kids of all agesto heart-pounding romanceshigh-velocity thrillers, and stunning sci-fi, Amazon Publishing helps connect readers with outstanding new books. 

Learn more about Amazon Publishing

Announcing the 2013 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award

The entry period is open. Visit CreateSpace to enter today!

ABNA 2013 Bigger and Better

The Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Contest has arrived. You won’t want to miss this incredible opportunity to win a publishing contract with Amazon Publishing. Now in its sixth year, this international contest promises to be the best yet. Here’s what’s new:

One Grand Prize winner will receive a publishing contract with an advance of $50,000, and four First Prize winners will each receive a publishing contract with an advance of $15,000. Visit the Prizes page for the full list of prizes and details.

We’ve expanded the categories to include five popular genres: General Fiction, Romance, Mystery/Thriller, Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror and Young Adult Fiction. And we’re accepting entries from more countries than ever before. For complete eligibility details, view the official contest rules, or read details on how to enter.

Amazon Publishing is the official publishing sponsor for 2013 -- which means a faster publishing timeline, higher royalties, ability to launch the books in multiple formats (print, audio, ebook) and worldwide distribution. Enter today throughCreateSpace.

Preparing Your Entry

1) Prepare a strong pitch. More than a summary, your pitch should highlight your concept, protagonist, setting and writing style—all the elements that make your story unique. View sample pitches from past entrants.

2) Select the Genre that best fits your book: General Fiction, Romance, Mystery/Thriller, Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror, or Young Adult.

3) Stay within the word-count limits -- pitch, up to 300 words; excerpt, 3,000 to 5,000 words; manuscript, 50,000 to 150,000 words.

4) Remove all identifying information from your pitch, excerpt and manuscript, including: your name and/or pen name, contact information, any awards received for your book and an author bio/resume.

5) Submit all your materials in the English language.

6) For complete entry requirements, view the Official Contest Rules.

7) Create an account with CreateSpace (if you haven’t already).

See Previous Contestants in Print

Easily Amused

Thanks to the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award community, we've assembled an ever-expanding list of previous contestants in print in a variety of genres, including Karen McQuestion's Easily Amused

See more contestants in print

Previous Breakthrough Novel Award Winners

2012 General Fiction...

2012 General Fiction Winner: "The Beautiful Land"

2012 Young Adult...

2012 Young Adult Winner: "On Little Wings"

2011 General Fiction...

2011 General Fiction Winner: "East of Denver"

2010 General Fiction...

2010 General Fiction Winner: "Farishta"

2010 Young Adult...

2010 Young Adult Fiction Winner: "Sign Language"

2009 Winner...

2009 Winner: "Bill Warrington's Last Chance"

Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Discussion Board

Comments

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Dear Nana

I know your heart is in the right place, thinking of Craig and his book, however even though we all know that cancer is a horror, this seems to be for fiction submissions only.

Amazon may be a place for Craig to consider, even if not in this contest.

Marie who loves kitties

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member

Dear Nana

I know your heart is in the right place, thinking of Craig and his book, however even though we all know that cancer is a horror, this seems to be for fiction submissions only.

Amazon may be a place for Craig to consider, even if not in this contest.

Marie who loves kitties

I am published thru Amazon,

Createspace....go for it, Craig!!  It's so easy...there is even a book on 'How-to' Createspace...

Interestingly, with my book, I had a publisher call me, interested in 'real' publishing it...said he saw it on Amazon...

You never know!

Hugs, Kathi

• Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Thank U, Nana!!!!!

I don't know who the dope was that flagged your post...but they obviously don't have a brain in their skull...only someone cluleless and not knowing the background would do something so insensitive...oh hell, just plain stupid...let's just get it out there.

Thank you so much, Nana, for thinking about me and the book project...I did look this over...I'm not sure if my project would fit into any of the categories they are presently offering...

Perhaps, Science Fiction?

After all, my story is "Out of This World."

LOL!

I have looked at many self-publishing outfits....and they do publish for 'free.'  If you know what you're doing...especially with layout and graphics....so, I also examined 'costs' for help associated with this...and that was the end of the story.

I actually did get an offer to publish...but after researching, it looks like a scam.

All my options remain open and I'll continue knocking on doors.

Thanks, Nana....really, thank you for taking the time. 

I'll guess I'll always "be published" within each of your hearts:)

That may just have to be good enough....

-Craig

• smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member
    Sundanceh said:

Thank U, Nana!!!!!

I don't know who the dope was that flagged your post...but they obviously don't have a brain in their skull...only someone cluleless and not knowing the background would do something so insensitive...oh hell, just plain stupid...let's just get it out there.

Thank you so much, Nana, for thinking about me and the book project...I did look this over...I'm not sure if my project would fit into any of the categories they are presently offering...

LOL!

I have looked at many self-publishing outfits....and they do publish for 'free.'  If you know what you're doing...especially with layout and graphics....so, I also examined 'costs' for help associated with this...and that was the end of the story.

I actually did get an offer to publish...but after researching, it looks like a scam.

-Craig

(No subject)

Laughing

• Nana b
    smokeyjoe said:

(No subject)

Laughing

I didn't have time to read it

I didn't have time to read it thoroughly?  Not even time to find the link, so I just posted it.   Some one reported me!  Dang, I better start posting! I'm an old timer!   Lol 

My nephew has done graphics for books but he is sooooo busy!  If you have questions I can ask him. 

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Nana b said:

I didn't have time to read it

I didn't have time to read it thoroughly?  Not even time to find the link, so I just posted it.   Some one reported me!  Dang, I better start posting! I'm an old timer!   Lol 

My nephew has done graphics for books but he is sooooo busy!  If you have questions I can ask him. 

Flagged?

Can't understand why your post was flagged...you were only trying to help, and you certainly weren't promoting the sale of anything.

Hopefully, the CSN folks will see that and un-flag it.

• Sundanceh

Flagged?

Can't understand why your post was flagged...you were only trying to help, and you certainly weren't promoting the sale of anything.

Yep Unflag...

Nana is a dear friend...who was trying to help a friend...so please take no negative action.

What message does that send when we punish one another for reaching out and trying to help?  A better response would have been to get the facts straight first. Many of us have been friends for years....and have a deep and intimate relationship with one another.

All Nana did was try and fight for me.

Personally, knowing she is fighting her fight hard, I was quite moved by her thoughtfulness:)

You go Nana B....oh...and get well too:)

I appreciate what came from your heart!

-Craig

• Phil64
    Phil64 Member Posts: 838 Member
    Sundanceh said:

Thank U, Nana!!!!!

LOL!

-Craig

thanks for the smile

:-)

• smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member
    Phil64 said:

thanks for the smile

:-)

I saw this quote today and I

I saw this quote today and I immediately thought of Craig  .........   "A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
    - Thomas Mann    .....  Craig you put more thought and more work into your writing that anyone I know Laughing

• Sundanceh
    smokeyjoe said:

I saw this quote today and I

I saw this quote today and I immediately thought of Craig  .........   "A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
    - Thomas Mann    .....  Craig you put more thought and more work into your writing that anyone I know Laughing

Tears Now:)

Wow, thank you so much Leena!

That's just so genuine and heartfelt that it makes me shiver all over...what a great thing to say:)

I was writing something and ran into an impasse...thought I would check over here...and saw this...really got to me what you said...just POW!

I can't tell you how much I appreciate you reading what I have to say...your vote is very special to me.

Wink

-Craig

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member

Flagged?

GOSH! I HOPE I didn't do it, accidentally....

Sigh...just started posting again, hope I didn't mess up....

Is there a way I could check if it was me?  I've never flagged anyone in my LIFE!!!!!  Especially not Nana!!!

Hugs, Kathi

P.S.  I just e-mailed CSN....pleading that if it WAS me to PLEASE remove it!!!!!   Cry

• Nana b
    Sundanceh said:

Tears Now:)

Wow, thank you so much Leena!

That's just so genuine and heartfelt that it makes me shiver all over...what a great thing to say:)

I was writing something and ran into an impasse...thought I would check over here...and saw this...really got to me what you said...just POW!

I can't tell you how much I appreciate you reading what I have to say...your vote is very special to me.

Wink

-Craig

No problem. I didn't even

No problem. I didn't even notice the flag.   Tongue Out  Love the smily faces. . And bigger text. I can see the print.  

Thanks all!  Next time I might just send a pm. Lol.