Ron, Are you OK?

wolfen
wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member

Just read the news and see that Australia has many, many fires right now. So, "Mama" Wolfen is checking up on you.

Luv,

Wolfen

Comments

• ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Thanks Wolfen
    Things are pretty bad down south . It has been very hot and it is knocking me around.My kidneys are leaking badly and the pulmonary edeema has been causing me some grief. With the heat it is hard staying hydrated specially with the lasik. I am supposed to do a 24 hr urine collection next weekend...might have to give them an IOU.
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    ron50 said:

Thanks Wolfen
    Things are pretty bad down south . It has been very hot and it is knocking me around.My kidneys are leaking badly and the pulmonary edeema has been causing me some grief. With the heat it is hard staying hydrated specially with the lasik. I am supposed to do a 24 hr urine collection next weekend...might have to give them an IOU.

Ron, I'm so sorry to hear

Ron, I'm so sorry to hear that things are so bad for you right now.  I wish there was something I could do to help you...  :(

Take care, I'll be thinking about you.

Hugs (())

Cyn

• wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member

Ron, I'm so sorry to hear

Ron, I'm so sorry to hear that things are so bad for you right now.  I wish there was something I could do to help you...  :(

Take care, I'll be thinking about you.

Hugs (())

Cyn

Glad To Hear

that you're not having to evacuate. Hope the fires stay away from you, especially with the edema. I don't know a whole lot about the kidneys yet, just how very sick you can be if they're not working right. So, I hope more can be done for you. Enough is enough.

I managed to get hubby a Nephrologist appt. for Wednesday afternoon. His feet & ankles are a little less swollen since Cardio put him back on his regular dose of Lasix. I'm interested in this doctors opinion of having chemo while your kidneys are already compromised. Just trying to cover as many bases as I can.

Take Care,

Luv,

Wolfen

• maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    wolfen said:

Glad To Hear

that you're not having to evacuate. Hope the fires stay away from you, especially with the edema. I don't know a whole lot about the kidneys yet, just how very sick you can be if they're not working right. So, I hope more can be done for you. Enough is enough.

I managed to get hubby a Nephrologist appt. for Wednesday afternoon. His feet & ankles are a little less swollen since Cardio put him back on his regular dose of Lasix. I'm interested in this doctors opinion of having chemo while your kidneys are already compromised. Just trying to cover as many bases as I can.

Take Care,

Luv,

Wolfen

me too

I have been thinking about you too Ron. We get the BBC World News here at 6pm and I have been glued to screen watching the fires and the temperatures and the winds.

So so sorry you are having your own troubles...Ron

thinking about you ....love, maggie

• ron50
    maglets said:

me too

I have been thinking about you too Ron. We get the BBC World News here at 6pm and I have been glued to screen watching the fires and the temperatures and the winds.

So so sorry you are having your own troubles...Ron

thinking about you ....love, maggie

G'day mags
    It has been a wild week in Oz. As of tonight only two of the eight states and territories aren't on fire. New south wales is worst with 144 fires still burning tonight. It is very smokey in my area . We have three major fires within 100 kliks of us .Two are under control and one is burning in inaccesible bushland. It is a total credit to the the thousands of firefighters ,all volunteer, that there has not been a life lost yet. Those guys and girls are incredible. A whole bunch flew across the tasman sea from New Zealand today to lend a hand,we do the same for them when they need it.
    It is a stinking hot night tonight and another week of high temps expected. Didn"t think I'd ever be jealous of someone up tp their arse in snow. That's one of the Ironies of this country. Friday Hobart had over 41 deg celcius, yesterday it snowed,go figure. I hope you are staying well Mags I'm not to good at present,but nothing a cool breeze,a cold beer and a lottery win wouldn't fix.Love Ron.
  • maglets
    ron50 said:

G'day mags
    It has been a wild week in Oz. As of tonight only two of the eight states and territories aren't on fire. New south wales is worst with 144 fires still burning tonight. It is very smokey in my area . We have three major fires within 100 kliks of us .Two are under control and one is burning in inaccesible bushland. It is a total credit to the the thousands of firefighters ,all volunteer, that there has not been a life lost yet. Those guys and girls are incredible. A whole bunch flew across the tasman sea from New Zealand today to lend a hand,we do the same for them when they need it.
    It is a stinking hot night tonight and another week of high temps expected. Didn"t think I'd ever be jealous of someone up tp their arse in snow. That's one of the Ironies of this country. Friday Hobart had over 41 deg celcius, yesterday it snowed,go figure. I hope you are staying well Mags I'm not to good at present,but nothing a cool breeze,a cold beer and a lottery win wouldn't fix.Love Ron.

snow

hahah you are a winner and a fighter my fine colonial friend...just off for a little skating exercise...not even kidding....talk later....hug....mags

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    ron50 said:

Thanks Wolfen

Dear Ron

My prayers and hopes for rain come from across the miles.

It is all so unimaginable.

Wish we could just pick you up and bring you to a safer place.

Take care dear friend.  Hugs.

Marie who loves kitties

• ron50

Dear Ron

My prayers and hopes for rain come from across the miles.

It is all so unimaginable.

Wish we could just pick you up and bring you to a safer place.

Take care dear friend.  Hugs.

Marie who loves kitties

Thanks Marie
    Unfortunately no rain forecast just hot for the next couple of weeks,Hugs ron.
  • foxy
    foxy Member Posts: 188 Member
    ron50 said:

G'day mags

Just me Ron.

On the news tonight the fires in oz looked devestating, Christchurch is also burning to a very much lesser degree! I agree with you that a cool breeze, a cold beer and a lottery win, would fix heaps of our problems. I am still cancer free, but have lots of health problems, some of which are left over from the 5fu. I do hope the fires stay well away from your neck of the woods. Good luck Ron, love Virginia.

• ron50
    foxy said:

Just me Ron.

On the news tonight the fires in oz looked devestating, Christchurch is also burning to a very much lesser degree! I agree with you that a cool breeze, a cold beer and a lottery win, would fix heaps of our problems. I am still cancer free, but have lots of health problems, some of which are left over from the 5fu. I do hope the fires stay well away from your neck of the woods. Good luck Ron, love Virginia.

G'day Virginia
    So good to hear from you. I was really worried last time we spoke as you had several issues being investigated. I am less worried about the 5fu than the levamisole. I can't find anyone else who was on it. It was banned in the US in 2000 because of fatal side effects. My rheumatologist is an ex oncologist ,he won't say much but he did say it should never have been given to humans. It has become a major peoblem in the US because drug dealers are now using it to cut cocaine. It is responsible for some terrible ill ness and some deaths. I too am cancer free still but my kidneys are suffering from some undiagnosable auto-immune disease... Not bad for a couple of crocks ,you st4 and what 17 or 18 yrs and me st 3 15 yrs ,heres to us with that cold beer. Ps fires are the least of my worries with the amount of diuretics I take it would never get near me ,,hugs Ron.
  • maglets
    ron50 said:

Thanks Marie
    Unfortunately no rain forecast just hot for the next couple of weeks,Hugs ron.

trouble

Hi Ron....takes me awhile to get onto this forum ...some nights it is a total no go for me here....just won't connect.

It sounds to me like you could use a whole case of beer.....you poor thing.....so hot and such trouble with the kidneys.  Tonight our province of Newfoundland it battening the hatches for a half metre of snow and 100k winds......sounds like the whole province is closed down.....funny world....

I agree with marie.....wish we could just pick you up and whisk you away to someplace cool and safe....

take best care......mags

• ron50
    maglets said:

trouble

Hi Ron....takes me awhile to get onto this forum ...some nights it is a total no go for me here....just won't connect.

It sounds to me like you could use a whole case of beer.....you poor thing.....so hot and such trouble with the kidneys.  Tonight our province of Newfoundland it battening the hatches for a half metre of snow and 100k winds......sounds like the whole province is closed down.....funny world....

I agree with marie.....wish we could just pick you up and whisk you away to someplace cool and safe....

take best care......mags

THANKS Mags
    It is a weird world, on the east coast we are all dodging fires ,on the west coast they are about to be thumped by a cat4 cyclone. You are up to your armpits in snow and wind that would blow a dog off his leash. So what do I get to do on the weekend.....pee in a bottle . Time for another 24 hr collection to see how bad I am leeking protein. I remember the days when I used to fish or play golf. Don't know whether you saw Foxy's post above. Another legend stage 4 wedge resection of her liver not sure of the count but 17 or 18yrs ca free. That'll be you one day...Hugs Ron.
  • foxy
    foxy Member Posts: 188 Member
    ron50 said:

G'day Virginia
    So good to hear from you. I was really worried last time we spoke as you had several issues being investigated. I am less worried about the 5fu than the levamisole. I can't find anyone else who was on it. It was banned in the US in 2000 because of fatal side effects. My rheumatologist is an ex oncologist ,he won't say much but he did say it should never have been given to humans. It has become a major peoblem in the US because drug dealers are now using it to cut cocaine. It is responsible for some terrible ill ness and some deaths. I too am cancer free still but my kidneys are suffering from some undiagnosable auto-immune disease... Not bad for a couple of crocks ,you st4 and what 17 or 18 yrs and me st 3 15 yrs ,heres to us with that cold beer. Ps fires are the least of my worries with the amount of diuretics I take it would never get near me ,,hugs Ron.

Hi Ron.

Would you believe it will be 20 years for me in December this year. I must get online to check levamisole maybe that is the cause of a lot of my problems. I took it 2 weekly for 10 months until just taking the lid off the bottle made me vomit.  I feel very sorry for our stock every time they are drenched!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs to you too Ron.

• fedester
    fedester Member Posts: 753 Member
    ron50 said:

THANKS Mags
    It is a weird world, on the east coast we are all dodging fires ,on the west coast they are about to be thumped by a cat4 cyclone. You are up to your armpits in snow and wind that would blow a dog off his leash. So what do I get to do on the weekend.....pee in a bottle . Time for another 24 hr collection to see how bad I am leeking protein. I remember the days when I used to fish or play golf. Don't know whether you saw Foxy's post above. Another legend stage 4 wedge resection of her liver not sure of the count but 17 or 18yrs ca free. That'll be you one day...Hugs Ron.

hey my aussie friend

glad to see you are ok.

tough year for me heart failure, hernia repair, another hernia repair last week.

but i am still herre so life is good.

how are you feeling?

take care

bruce

• fedester
    ron50 said:

THANKS Mags

hey my aussie friend

glad to see you are ok.

tough year for me heart failure, hernia repair, another hernia repair last week.

how are you feeling?

take care

bruce

• ron50
    fedester said:

hey my aussie friend

glad to see you are ok.

how are you feeling?

take care

bruce

G'day Bruce
    Good to hear from you. I'm a bit like yoursely.Last year I had a scan that showed my heart was enlarged and my lungs were half full of fluid. The official dx was congestive heart failure and pulmonary oedeema. The cause is my kidneys leaking protein. I see my nephrologist next week and suspect we will have to make some tough decisions on medications to control it. Life is a bit one sided ,I work because I have to but there is no play time because I'm just not up to it. I have a hernia on my scar line but all my docs just ignore it. I hope you are in for a better year. Next week I reach 15 years ca freee... Stay well.. Ron.
  • fedester
    ron50 said:

G'day Bruce
    Good to hear from you. I'm a bit like yoursely.Last year I had a scan that showed my heart was enlarged and my lungs were half full of fluid. The official dx was congestive heart failure and pulmonary oedeema. The cause is my kidneys leaking protein. I see my nephrologist next week and suspect we will have to make some tough decisions on medications to control it. Life is a bit one sided ,I work because I have to but there is no play time because I'm just not up to it. I have a hernia on my scar line but all my docs just ignore it. I hope you are in for a better year. Next week I reach 15 years ca freee... Stay well.. Ron.

wow

glad to hear 15 years!!!!!!!!

take care my friend

• fedester
    ron50 said:

G'day Bruce

wow

take care my friend

• fedester
    ron50 said:

G'day Bruce

wow

take care my friend