suggestions? thoughts? guesses?

hi everyone

thanks in advance for any replies

ok here goes, about six years ago i noticed a hard immovable lymph node under my left ear right beside my jaw. it didnt seem to be changing size so the dr and i agreed to try the wait and see approach. fast forward to a few weeks ago when my husband noticed it was now visible, sure enough it had almost doubled in size. today i had a sonogram and the lady found seven total enlarged nodes all around 1 cm by 1 cm verying slightly in size. one she told me was vascular? my grandfather died of lymphoma and we just lost my uncle to it as well. anyone have any guesses as to what could be going on? i wont hold anyone to them im just nervous and curious and google seems to think everything is cancer. thanks

Comments

• COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    FYI

Tiffany,

I very rarely post any longer for reasons I do not want to go into, but I can tell you this, Stay away from those websites. You could type in Ice Cream and it would come back as a cancer diagnosis. The websites are Dr. Death sites. They will scare the Hell out of you. Then you will get a bunch of Junk mail asking you to donote money to cancer research. There is nothing wrong with donating, but  the scammers use the illness as a way of getting money. You know what I mean by what I am saying. Just to many scams going on out there. I have checked a lot of them out and they all go to the same post office box. Even the Choir should know that, but then again maybe not.    All I can say right now is follow what your Dr. is telling you to do.  John

• NANCYL1
    NANCYL1 Member Posts: 289
    TIFFANYOTO

Tiffanyoto:

I have lymphoma, but no lymph nodes are outwardly in evidence.    I went for a regular checkup  in January of 2012, and had the usual blood test.  My white cell count was high and my internist sent me immediately to an Oncologist/Hematologist at a nearby Cancer Center.  I had the following tests:  Ct Scan, Endoscopy, Pet Scan, Bone Marrow Biopsy.  Diagnosis:  Lymphoma.

My treatment is infusions of Rituxan, which thus far is helping.

Nancy

• Lymph nodes

I would say definitely see a hematologist or oncologist. These nodes should be painless, simple and easy to biopsy. Biopsy is the only way to know for sure if its lymphoma.

Garry

• Lymph nodes

I would say definitely see a hematologist or oncologist. These nodes should be painless, simple and easy to biopsy. Biopsy is the only way to know for sure if its lymphoma.

Garry

• tiffanyotto
    tiffanyotto Member Posts: 4
    unknown said:

Lymph nodes

Garry

gkh

they are painless, which is why i never gave much thought to them. what is a vascular node mean?

• tiffanyotto
    COBRA666 said:

FYI

Tiffany,

I very rarely post any longer for reasons I do not want to go into, but I can tell you this, Stay away from those websites. You could type in Ice Cream and it would come back as a cancer diagnosis. The websites are Dr. Death sites. They will scare the Hell out of you. Then you will get a bunch of Junk mail asking you to donote money to cancer research. There is nothing wrong with donating, but  the scammers use the illness as a way of getting money. You know what I mean by what I am saying. Just to many scams going on out there. I have checked a lot of them out and they all go to the same post office box. Even the Choir should know that, but then again maybe not.    All I can say right now is follow what your Dr. is telling you to do.  John

cobra666

i know what you mean and i agree. i will not google!

• tiffanyotto
    NANCYL1 said:

TIFFANYOTO

Tiffanyoto:

I have lymphoma, but no lymph nodes are outwardly in evidence.    I went for a regular checkup  in January of 2012, and had the usual blood test.  My white cell count was high and my internist sent me immediately to an Oncologist/Hematologist at a nearby Cancer Center.  I had the following tests:  Ct Scan, Endoscopy, Pet Scan, Bone Marrow Biopsy.  Diagnosis:  Lymphoma.

My treatment is infusions of Rituxan, which thus far is helping.

Nancy

nancyl1

thank you for your response. i hope your doing well

• jimwins
    jimwins Member Posts: 2,107

gkh

they are painless, which is why i never gave much thought to them. what is a vascular node mean?

Welcome Tiffany

Hi Tiffany and welcome to the site.  Lots of good folks and support here.  "Vascular" probably refers to vessels that carry fluid.  I did Google it so Google is good for many things - you just have to filter what you find :).  A search for "vascular node" did bring up several responses relating to cancer so I focused more on "vascular".   The person who did your sonogram is not a doctor.

Please know you are welcome here and hang in there!

Hugs,

Jim