ANYONE WITH side affects from ELIGARD?

RADIATION HOPEFUL
RADIATION HOPEFUL Member Posts: 218
edited December 2012 in Prostate Cancer #1
IS THERE anyone that had side affects from taking ELIGARD?

RAD HOPEFUL

Comments

• VascodaGama
    VascodaGama Member Posts: 3,641 Member
    Everyone experience some sort of SE
    RadHope

I think that all the guys taking Eligard (leuprolide acetate) experience some sort of side effect. Some guys experience mild symptoms and some go through the hell.
    In your recent threads, you have shown to be concerned in changing the drugs but the effects from these types of drugs are very similar, no matter which one you take. The nicest thing is that you can return to your previous drug if you do not feel well.
    Surely you can continue with Firmagon if such gives peace of mind.

Wishing you well.

VG
  • RADIATION HOPEFUL
    RADIATION HOPEFUL Member Posts: 218

Everyone experience some sort of SE
    RadHope

I think that all the guys taking Eligard (leuprolide acetate) experience some sort of side effect. Some guys experience mild symptoms and some go through the hell.
    In your recent threads, you have shown to be concerned in changing the drugs but the effects from these types of drugs are very similar, no matter which one you take. The nicest thing is that you can return to your previous drug if you do not feel well.
    Surely you can continue with Firmagon if such gives peace of mind.

Wishing you well.

VG

ELIGARD affects
    VG

THANK YOU FOR THE REPLY---APPRECIATE IT. I guess I'll try the ELIGARD -4 month shot & HOPE for the best

RAD HOPEFUL
  • jogger
    jogger Member Posts: 47

ELIGARD affects
    VG

THANK YOU FOR THE REPLY---APPRECIATE IT. I guess I'll try the ELIGARD -4 month shot & HOPE for the best

RAD HOPEFUL

Firmagon
    Hello rad,

Just to let you know, after I completed a cycle of Firmagon followed by a vacation of a few months, I resumed the Firmagon. I had to put up with two shots on the same time. The doctor said if I had switched to, say, Lupron and gone back to the Firmagon, I would need the double shot.

Jack