What's New in Kidney Cancer?

DMike
DMike Member Posts: 259
Hi Everyone,

I got this link today via social media. It looks very interesting and I thought I would share it. It's subtitled "A Patient-friendly Summary of the 11th International Kidney Cancer Symposium." I've browsed some of it and I'll be reading a lot of the articles.
I hope it's helpful to all.

https://secure.kidneycancer.org/neon/resource/kca/files/2012_KCA_Symposium_Report_-_FINAL_11-17.pdf

--David

Comments

• Texas_wedge
    Texas_wedge Member Posts: 2,798
    What's new
    Good find David - lots of useful stuff there!
  • adman
    adman Member Posts: 336
    Phenomenal

Thank you very much, very informative!!
  • Lotus12
    Lotus12 Member Posts: 7
    adman said:

Phenomenal

Thank you very much, very informative!!

Very helpful..
    David,
    Very informative paper... I was glued to it for a couple hours last night. In particular, I was trying to get clarification on removal of lymph nodes for Stage 1 RCC and i was happy to read a presentation on the very subject. Appreciate your efforts in sharing the link, and more importantly goading me to read the same...:-). Thanks again.

-Lotus
  • RichardB63
    RichardB63 Member Posts: 59
    Good info
    Thanks David

Richard
  • adman
    adman Member Posts: 336
    What a huge disconnect....

I finished reading the "Patient Summary" pages 66-69...wow, what a disconnect between patients & Urologists/ Doctors.
    This chasm must improve. Patients deserve better!
  • DMike
    adman said:

What a huge disconnect....

I finished reading the "Patient Summary" pages 66-69...wow, what a disconnect between patients & Urologists/ Doctors.
    This chasm must improve. Patients deserve better!

Disconnect
    Adman,
    I saw that and I couldn't believe it either!
  • alice124
    alice124 Member Posts: 896 Member
    Final Report
    David,

I must be the only tech challenged person here. I've been trying to copy and paste your link and google keeps bringing me back to your original post on CSN, not the report. Has anyone else had this problem?
  • Texas_wedge
    Texas_wedge Member Posts: 2,798
    alice124 said:

Final Report
    David,

I must be the only tech challenged person here. I've been trying to copy and paste your link and google keeps bringing me back to your original post on CSN, not the report. Has anyone else had this problem?

Symposium report
    No problem here, Alice. Are you maybe pasting it into a search engine instead of into the url field?
  • DMike

Symposium report
    No problem here, Alice. Are you maybe pasting it into a search engine instead of into the url field?

Link
    Alice,
    Just tried copy & paste and it worked correctly for me. Sorry you're having problems with it. --David
  • alice124
    alice124 Member Posts: 896 Member
    DMike said:

Link
    Alice,
    Just tried copy & paste and it worked correctly for me. Sorry you're having problems with it. --David

Link
    Sorry David - my bad. Tex - good diagnosis again; that apparently was exactly what I was doing. Thank you both.