As the winter rain sweeps in and falls CEA count rises

herdizziness
herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
edited November 2012 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Our big rain storm is due this morning, the darkened clouds, the raindrops reminding me of tears from the heavens as the Gods weep in sorrow for us and our sometime misfortunes.
Unfortunately I arose at 4:00 AM this morning to find an email waiting for me (I inquire each time via email of my CEA count)while 3 weeks ago the email showed a 5 point drop and now a 6 point rise.
I shall be getting another CEA count done 3 days before my regular chemo appt., to see if I now need to change my chemo regime.
I am a bit down with this disappointing news. But we have predicted sunshine in about 4 or 5 more days and I'm sure that will cheer me up some.
Winter Marie

Comments

• Vickilg
    Vickilg Member Posts: 281 Member
    Winter Marie
    Good morning! I have been told repeatedly not to pay too much attention to CEA levels until a trend shows. I will say a prayer for you that the next CEA drops again. I'm at a point with mine that I don't really want to know so I can just focus on fighting instead of letting these test mess with my head.

Here's to looking forward to the sunshine in a few days!

Vicki
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Dear Winter Marie
    I am sorry that the results are not better. Perhaps the third time will be the charm and there will be a more significant drop.

Bad weather can have a significant impact on how we feel physically and emotionally. I hope that when the sun comes out again, it brings you hope and better news.

As a vetran of this war, you know that things can change in a positive way even at the darkest moments.

My prayers for you and much sunshine, real and physical, in your near future.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties
  • herdizziness
    The oncologist
    thinks the chemo isn't working, and the way the little pains came back the past few days (they disappeared after first chemo)I've been thinking so before this last CEA test.
    I've never had a rise of CEA while on chemo, only drops. The CEA has always been a factor in my cancer as being very reliable, tumors shrink, CEA goes down (they have never risen before on chemo, ever)tumors grow, CEA goes up
    Winter Marie
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Hugs to My Wounded Warrior:)
    I'm supposed to be in hiding:)

But, you brought me back out...and Vicki too:)

As Michael Corelone said in Godfather III...
    "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in."

:)

You know the drill, honey, let's get some more info:)

I'm sorry you are feeling so down, Winter...

Your thoughts remind me of two of my most favorite expressions in the whole world - and it's especially true with cancer...

"Sometimes the sunshine we are waiting for - will turn to rain..."

"But from the ashes - we can build another day..."

I'll leave you now with those thoughts...and a big hug from your friend:)

Stand tall, WM...The Sundance Army needs you:)

Love/Craig
  • wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
    Sundanceh said:

Your thoughts remind me of two of my most favorite expressions in the whole world - and it's especially true with cancer...

Love/Craig

Winter
    You won't have to wait for that sunshine very long. I'm bottling some up and sending it from Arizona right away. Hoping your doc will figure this out and a new plan of action will follow soon. With that and your attitude, you'll kick a$$ again.

Computer mouse acting weird. Think I'll give it to the cat and get a new one. Hope this reply doesn't get garbled.

Luv Ya,

Wolfen
  • YoVita
    YoVita Member Posts: 590 Member
    Sorry about the CEA level
    Winter Marie - you need some sunshine. I don't have any to send your way (Chicago) but hope you get some soon. And I hope your doctors find a new path for you if necessary.
  • tommycat
    tommycat Member Posts: 790 Member

The oncologist
    thinks the chemo isn't working, and the way the little pains came back the past few days (they disappeared after first chemo)I've been thinking so before this last CEA test.
    I've never had a rise of CEA while on chemo, only drops. The CEA has always been a factor in my cancer as being very reliable, tumors shrink, CEA goes down (they have never risen before on chemo, ever)tumors grow, CEA goes up
    Winter Marie

Sometimes when we wake up
    Sometimes when we wake up very early it's because we need to be alone, and in your case this morning, to let your newest news settle in. Sounds like you know your body pretty well and how your CEA operates.
    However, one thing we've all learned on this crazy journey is how much we don't know.
    Try not to let it spook you WM. You are STRONG. You've come this far.
    Take it easy today, perhaps have a good cry. Rage against the machine!
    Here's to a brighter tomorrow, literally and figuratively.
    Hugs,
    TC
  • Semira
    Semira Member Posts: 381 Member
    oh girl...
    ... dark November is not the right month for such news.

All fingers crossed here in Germany!!!
    And a big hug to you

Petra
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Labs
    Lab results can vary so and at least it is a drop and not a gain. Most labs during treatment are all off because of what you are going through. Hoping that the next test you get better numbers.

Kim
  • herdizziness

Labs
    Lab results can vary so and at least it is a drop and not a gain. Most labs during treatment are all off because of what you are going through. Hoping that the next test you get better numbers.

Kim

Kim
    It's a gain not a drop.had 5 down last time, up 6 this time, so at highest number of 17.1 now this year. Started out at 2.1 I think this year.
    Winter Marie
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member

Kim
    It's a gain not a drop.had 5 down last time, up 6 this time, so at highest number of 17.1 now this year. Started out at 2.1 I think this year.
    Winter Marie

Hugs
    Ron((((())))))
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    the sunshine will come
    dear winter,

they predict snow here tomorrow, what a crazy world, snow on one side and sunshine on the other. i get my cea results in a fews days, and I have tried to fill my mind with the beauty of the black forest. i hope you can find something peaceful to fill you mind with. on the whole I am convinced these tests punch above their weight in terms of our quality of life. that said i hope you results are better than what you expect.

hugs,
    Pete
  • Trapbear
    Trapbear Member Posts: 108 Member
    Winter,
    Sorry you got this

Winter,
    Sorry you got this news. When is your next scan? Sometimes CEA can increase as cancer cells die, so don't make too much of this. Stormy here all day too, I love the rain, but am sure I will be missing the sun if we really do get 5 inches of rain by Sunday night. Sending you big hugs. Stay dry....
    Bill
  • johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
    Trapbear said:

Winter,
    Sorry you got this

Winter,
    Sorry you got this news. When is your next scan? Sometimes CEA can increase as cancer cells die, so don't make too much of this. Stormy here all day too, I love the rain, but am sure I will be missing the sun if we really do get 5 inches of rain by Sunday night. Sending you big hugs. Stay dry....
    Bill

i remember
    about a post you had wrote,you know the one about a hero.so dont be so down(easier said than done)just remember we are all hereos and that includes you too.get that crying thing done and over so you can fight,fight,fight.we are here for you....Godbless....johnnybegood
  • herdizziness
    Vickilg said:

Winter Marie
    Good morning! I have been told repeatedly not to pay too much attention to CEA levels until a trend shows. I will say a prayer for you that the next CEA drops again. I'm at a point with mine that I don't really want to know so I can just focus on fighting instead of letting these test mess with my head.

Here's to looking forward to the sunshine in a few days!

Vicki

I'll try
    And look forward to the sunshine. Thanks Vicki.
    Winter Marie
  • herdizziness

Dear Winter Marie
    I am sorry that the results are not better. Perhaps the third time will be the charm and there will be a more significant drop.

Bad weather can have a significant impact on how we feel physically and emotionally. I hope that when the sun comes out again, it brings you hope and better news.

As a vetran of this war, you know that things can change in a positive way even at the darkest moments.

My prayers for you and much sunshine, real and physical, in your near future.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties

I didn't sleep last night
    Worried about my math test, so got up at 4:00 AM to study and found the email from my oncologist (he emailed back at 12:35 AM, the hours that Doctor must work, last time, he emailed good news back at 12:00 AM, he works some crazy hours).
    So in the rain, middle of night, it was a depressing moment. I'll overcome it eventually.
    Thanks for the hugs,
    Winter Marie
  • herdizziness
    tommycat said:

Sometimes when we wake up
    Sometimes when we wake up very early it's because we need to be alone, and in your case this morning, to let your newest news settle in. Sounds like you know your body pretty well and how your CEA operates.
    However, one thing we've all learned on this crazy journey is how much we don't know.
    Try not to let it spook you WM. You are STRONG. You've come this far.
    Take it easy today, perhaps have a good cry. Rage against the machine!
    Here's to a brighter tomorrow, literally and figuratively.
    Hugs,
    TC

Thanks TC
    I'm sure the brighter tomorrow is around the corner, I'll get out of this depressing funk soon I'm sure, after all I've got all you encouraging me after all.
    Thank you,
    Winter Marie
  • herdizziness
    Sundanceh said:

Love/Craig

Craig
    As always, making me stand up and start moving forward again.
    Thank you for always being there my friend, even during your rough days.
    Love,
    Winter Marie
  • herdizziness
    wolfen said:

Winter
    You won't have to wait for that sunshine very long. I'm bottling some up and sending it from Arizona right away. Hoping your doc will figure this out and a new plan of action will follow soon. With that and your attitude, you'll kick a$$ again.

Computer mouse acting weird. Think I'll give it to the cat and get a new one. Hope this reply doesn't get garbled.

Luv Ya,

Wolfen

Wolfen
    Thank you for that sunshine being sent, I could use it right about now. Thank you for being therefor me.
    Winter Marie
  • herdizziness
    YoVita said:

Sorry about the CEA level
    Winter Marie - you need some sunshine. I don't have any to send your way (Chicago) but hope you get some soon. And I hope your doctors find a new path for you if necessary.

Thank you
    The sun will shine again, I usually enjoy the stormy rainy weather, but today, it brought no comfort. I'll get over it soon I'm sure, when the sun shines again.
    Winter Marie