great news from germany and guess who got irenotecan today

pete43lost_at_sea
pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
edited November 2012 in Colorectal Cancer #1
so i did my second chemo embolization targetting peritoneal mets and liver mets this time.
i got mitomycin c, irenotecan and avastin pumped straight into the biggest tumours. then back again for another treatment 14dec, then a six week gap and back to germany for more treatments. prof vogels treatments ( google if interested ) kill the big tumours while the immunotherapy mops up the rest. thats are pretty simple explanation. sorry. I feel great at the moment and yes its ironic who great it feels to have some chemo pumping around the part of my liver where the tumours are and not around my body. they use avastin to stop the arterial blood flow to the tumours. how clever.

the good news is the net result after 5 weeks therapy is tumour regression and no new mets. so I have concluded this is very very goods news, because it could have been worse. and this is all while my immune system has been spared systemic chemo except for a very low dose of mitomycin c 10 days ago to kill circlating ctc's.

also remember that the removab, trifunctional antibody is supposed to be actively doing its work.

tomorrow hyperthermia, aiming to get over 40 degress, my last one was only 39.3

and then off to get my dendretic cell vaccine made.

interesting times, looking forward to going home for 4 weeks over xmas.

its good to share good news after month after month of cea rise. I think this is the first technical positive test result indicating therapies are working. as opposed to all those tests I did over the last 10 months that said all was fine when well it was not.

hugs,
Pete

ps these some links about the dietary therapy i am starting. its basically ketogenic.
I have more upto date info that I cannot publish, but if you interested in tavarlin I can send you the english flyer thats really good.

http://advancedsilversolution.wordpress.com/2008/06/01/dr-coys-tktl1-anti-cancer-diet/
http://m.gwinnettdailypost.com/news/2012/mar/06/lawrenceville-company-reaches-agreement-with/

pps I got a bit of a warning about gcmaf possibly interferring with some of the immunotherapies I am doing so I am backing off it until I can get confirmation from the nobel prize winning research team thats making the dendretic cell vaccine. with peritoneal disease I don't have much margin for error.

ppps http://petertrayhurn.blogspot.com/2012/11/great-news-from-germany-and-guess-who.html
I have a link on the blog to my medical reference library that describes my therapies here and other interesting papers from researchers. Its hidden behind a link on my blog so you can read and download the papers if your interested. but please don't publish them elsewhere, its a copyright thing and out of respect to my medical team.

Comments

• Chelsea71
    Chelsea71 Member Posts: 1,169 Member
    Congratulations, sounds like
    Congratulations, sounds like very good news. Wish we could afford to send my husband to Germany. I'm very pleased that your situation is turning around, for you.

All the best,

Chelsea
  • lepperl
    lepperl Member Posts: 39
    Yea!
    Good news. I am glad things are shrinking and how great that you get the chemo pumped directly to the tumor. Minimal side effects. That is awesome.
    Lori
  • SharonVegas
    SharonVegas Member Posts: 189
    Great news indeed! Glad to
    Great news indeed! Glad to hear positive results. Regarding your comment:
    "chemo pumping around the part of my liver where the tumours are and not around my body."
    How are your Docs doing this? I'm curious to know.
    Cheers to more good results!
    Ron
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Good News Pete
    Sounds similar to the HAI therapy I had with my liver as far as targeted treatment goes.
    I had used Avastin systemically first though and that worked like a charm.
    It starved my main liver tumors and made the rest possible.
    While the idea of chemo is un-appealing to many, sometimes you must break a few eggs to make an omelet.
    -pppphil
    :-)
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    PhillieG said:

Good News Pete
    Sounds similar to the HAI therapy I had with my liver as far as targeted treatment goes.
    While the idea of chemo is un-appealing to many, sometimes you must break a few eggs to make an omelet.
    -pppphil

Pete, when your CEA was
    Pete, when your CEA was rising, did you have CT scan and PET and no evidence of cancer? I know you had mentioned a test to have doe, but can't recall what it was. Some type of CT?

Glad you are getting attention, and take care! aufwiedisen.... (SP?)
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    PhillieG said:

Good News Pete
    -pppphil

ttttthhhhankkkkss phil
    its fun breaking eggs, and a boys got a do, what a boys got a do.
    its a nice planet after all. the european women are as pretty as the countryside.
    https://docs.google.com/open?id=1RwNF6_dmF1vcHuiYjPZ9ywyG8X-dSfWLW6A9GqjNeOvfK2Kj7a4tsEdV3jy8
    the science of vogel, i should checked out hai one day for curiousity.

vogel said save surgery to when i really need it.

i suspect both aim to reduce chemo burden. the issue for me is low dose targeted avastin, means i am not hopefully subject as quickly to the multidrug resistance effect.

who thought pushing the envelope could be this much fun.

hugs,
    Pete
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    Nana b said:

Pete, when your CEA was
    Pete, when your CEA was rising, did you have CT scan and PET and no evidence of cancer? I know you had mentioned a test to have doe, but can't recall what it was. Some type of CT?

Glad you are getting attention, and take care! aufwiedisen.... (SP?)

thanks raquel
    darlin what bloody useless did i not do. 3 cts, mri's, ultrasounds. 3 pets.
    i suggested it before to you, but you may have missed it as our unknown rise cea was similar.

i had many small **** peritoneal mets, by then over a month or 2 a couple of small tumours in the liver and spots on the surface of the liver. and a spot on the lung.

only the last pet and then an angio ct confirmed the location of tumours cells. but the cea never lied. NED sometimes means tumours just under the radar. sorry to spoil the ned party, thats my take.

hugs,
    Pete

ps look at the blog, look at tavarlin test to see the metastatic potential of any circulating stem cells. a usa company has the licence, no clue if they are doing the test.
  • pete43lost_at_sea

Great news indeed! Glad to
    Great news indeed! Glad to hear positive results. Regarding your comment:
    "chemo pumping around the part of my liver where the tumours are and not around my body."
    How are your Docs doing this? I'm curious to know.
    Cheers to more good results!
    Ron

thanks ron
    see the blog,medical reference, read vogl, the link is also in phils reply.
    maybe print it and see what your onc says. leave them a copy and say thats from pete, that today has been a free consult for you. they our onc's should only charge when each consult makes our quality and quantity of life longer and better. i am soooo demanding. anything less is a freeby.

hugs,
    pete
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    lepperl said:

Yea!
    Good news. I am glad things are shrinking and how great that you get the chemo pumped directly to the tumor. Minimal side effects. That is awesome.
    Lori

thanks lori
    its early days, i am still praying, did lots yesterday.
    thanks for caring, being apart of this community makes all the difference in the world.
    anyone who says less has missed the real value of csn 128, in my opinion. its much more than science here, what helps us survive is love and care not treatments, mind you they help.

hugs,
    pete
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    Chelsea71 said:

Congratulations, sounds like
    Congratulations, sounds like very good news. Wish we could afford to send my husband to Germany. I'm very pleased that your situation is turning around, for you.

All the best,

Chelsea

thanks chelsea
    i am grateful the life insurance paid out so i could gamble here.
    some of the therapies are being trialed in the usa, ie removab.
    phil mentioned lots of good info in the coffee in baden baden post.
    don't read the side effects, they are actually understated, but that like most chemo and this stuff aint chemo.

all these therapies imply "you gotto be cruel to be kind" removab is cruel but effective.
    read the removab post, but if i live its worth it, even if broke at the end.

heck i can always get a job as an english teacher!

hugs,
    pete
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member

ttttthhhhankkkkss phil
    its fun breaking eggs, and a boys got a do, what a boys got a do.
    its a nice planet after all. the european women are as pretty as the countryside.
    https://docs.google.com/open?id=1RwNF6_dmF1vcHuiYjPZ9ywyG8X-dSfWLW6A9GqjNeOvfK2Kj7a4tsEdV3jy8
    the science of vogel, i should checked out hai one day for curiousity.

vogel said save surgery to when i really need it.

i suspect both aim to reduce chemo burden. the issue for me is low dose targeted avastin, means i am not hopefully subject as quickly to the multidrug resistance effect.

who thought pushing the envelope could be this much fun.

hugs,
    Pete

Great to hear your getting a
    Great to hear your getting a good response from your treatments!!!
  • tanstaafl
    tanstaafl Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    "Activation of the mitochondria..."
    "...using secondary metabolites primarily polyphenols" in the Tavarlin diet brochure is a little obscure. I assume he means plant and fruit extracts of lignans, tannins or flavonoids which are secondary metabolites of plant metabolism. Any particular flavors?
  • Chelsea71
    Chelsea71 Member Posts: 1,169 Member

thanks raquel
    darlin what bloody useless did i not do. 3 cts, mri's, ultrasounds. 3 pets.
    i suggested it before to you, but you may have missed it as our unknown rise cea was similar.

i had many small **** peritoneal mets, by then over a month or 2 a couple of small tumours in the liver and spots on the surface of the liver. and a spot on the lung.

only the last pet and then an angio ct confirmed the location of tumours cells. but the cea never lied. NED sometimes means tumours just under the radar. sorry to spoil the ned party, thats my take.

hugs,
    Pete

ps look at the blog, look at tavarlin test to see the metastatic potential of any circulating stem cells. a usa company has the licence, no clue if they are doing the test.

Sad but true. Before HIPEC
    Sad but true. Before HIPEC my husband Had a lot of tests MRI, pet, ct etc. No cancer showed up on any of these tests. The surgeon opened him up and there was cancer all over the place. He lost his spleen, some small int, tail of the pancreas, some abdominal wall etc.... Apparently cancer within the abdominal cavity is hard to detect. Takes on the shapes of the organs. Spots on the liver, lung etc are much more easily detected.

Chelsea
  • Brenda Bricco
    Brenda Bricco Member Posts: 579 Member
    This is wonderful news Pete
    This is wonderful news Pete and I love seeing you in such good spirits!Go celebrate and be happy, I am happy for you. :)))
    Brenda
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    smokeyjoe said:

Great to hear your getting a
    Great to hear your getting a good response from your treatments!!!

so far so good smokeyoe
    i just hope the good response continues, at last some positive direction thats measurable.
    I am just basking in the good news, not often I get it.

hugs,
    Pete
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    tanstaafl said:

"Activation of the mitochondria..."
    "...using secondary metabolites primarily polyphenols" in the Tavarlin diet brochure is a little obscure. I assume he means plant and fruit extracts of lignans, tannins or flavonoids which are secondary metabolites of plant metabolism. Any particular flavors?

hi tans
    so i am trying the coy diet along with tavarlin, will explain more. the clinic here is loosely coy now for some hardcore patients they are going strictly coy. i will share the details and the exerience.

hugs,
    Pete
  • pete43lost_at_sea

This is wonderful news Pete
    This is wonderful news Pete and I love seeing you in such good spirits!Go celebrate and be happy, I am happy for you. :)))
    Brenda

thanks brenda
    i had an hour with our therapist today, we went over the good news, and we tried to move it from an interlectual understanding to how was i feeling and to integrating it into my being. words and feelings of joy and gratitude came up. what was surprising for me with my rosy positive disposition, well that has largely been built on faith and hope. So to have a result that supports the faith and hope of the current treatment choices gives me more optimisim.
    hugs,
    Pete
    ps it like give a boy an inch and he takes a mile, so I have been given a inch of good news and i will take a mile of positive imagery. for me this translates to other therapies, commitment to those therapies. i had champagne tonight to celebrate. at dinner we discussed organising a friday night party with baileys, schnaps, and heaps of drinks. then we got silly and thouhgt we could have scotch and beet juice, wine and stawberies, baileys and pobiotic yogurt. tomorrow night should be a good night. certianly a lot of fun celebrating life.

hugs,
    Pete
  • k44454445
    k44454445 Member Posts: 494
    oh Pete
    i am soooo happy for you! i have been hoping you would be posting soon. it is wonderful that it is going good for you & and you still have that outstanding attitude! you better really celebrate friday! will you be going home for the holidays?
    hugs
    judy
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    k44454445 said:

oh Pete
    i am soooo happy for you! i have been hoping you would be posting soon. it is wonderful that it is going good for you & and you still have that outstanding attitude! you better really celebrate friday! will you be going home for the holidays?
    hugs
    judy

thanks judy and hyperthermia
    going home for the holidays is my dream, subject to doctors orders, its possible, just weighting on results and logistics of doing the vaccine's. the party tonight will be fun.

hugs,
    pete

ps did another whole body hyperthermia, got up to 39.8 degrees, my heart rate is the limiting factor, they won't use beta blockers on me, as the rate will go to low after. but a good hyperthermia result with vit c and other goodies being infused. the key point is to do it with 24 hours of prof vogel chemo embolization. i slept most of the arvo, they give you some ativan on the drip to relaz you, it works a teat. also had a good sleep tonight as well. another great day in the serch for a therapy thats right for me and wrong for the tumours.

pps hyperthermia log with 24 hours vogel
    https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B10BiJHPKeH8VUVoZWV0ODljZTA
  • dmj101
    dmj101 Member Posts: 527 Member

thanks judy and hyperthermia
    going home for the holidays is my dream, subject to doctors orders, its possible, just weighting on results and logistics of doing the vaccine's. the party tonight will be fun.

hugs,
    pete

ps did another whole body hyperthermia, got up to 39.8 degrees, my heart rate is the limiting factor, they won't use beta blockers on me, as the rate will go to low after. but a good hyperthermia result with vit c and other goodies being infused. the key point is to do it with 24 hours of prof vogel chemo embolization. i slept most of the arvo, they give you some ativan on the drip to relaz you, it works a teat. also had a good sleep tonight as well. another great day in the serch for a therapy thats right for me and wrong for the tumours.

pps hyperthermia log with 24 hours vogel
    https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B10BiJHPKeH8VUVoZWV0ODljZTA

Pete, So happy you are
    Pete, So happy you are getting some postivie results... keep it up.. wishing you all the best and success..
    Enjoy the Holidays..