result of scans

maglets
maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
wow 9 am and I just woke up. Stress does rob you of sleep.....yesterday I was awake at 2am...haha.
so last night my general doctor phoned to say my ct scan seemed clear....no word on CEA and i still have to do blood and go the the onc at the end of the month.

Feeling so blessed, so grateful, and kind of puzzled I think as to this continued NED.

brief review for anyone new...diagnosed in 05 stage IIIb colon cancer....resection and chemo. Then in 2006 mets to liver and declared palliative...young surgeon did liver resection....months of xeloda....08 mets back to liver....another resection and xeloda and oxalyplatin...NED since then

please I beg you do not think I am showing off.....I hate doing this....but please know at the beginning of your journey.....there is hope

love to all

mags

Comments

• Momof2plusteentwins
    Momof2plusteentwins Member Posts: 509 Member
    Mags
    YAY! So glad to here good news. Don't ever think you are showing off. People like me that was diagnosed April of this year need to here positive news to give us hope. May you stay NED forever. Hugs
    Sandy:)
  • janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    I replied to your other post
    I replied to your other post abou what great news that is. Your are not bragging. Only giving hope as you said not just to the newly diagnosed but to us veterans as well. Our cases are similar. I am coming up on 7 years since being diagnosed stage IV and have had 3 liver resections
  • maglets

I replied to your other post
    I replied to your other post abou what great news that is. Your are not bragging. Only giving hope as you said not just to the newly diagnosed but to us veterans as well. Our cases are similar. I am coming up on 7 years since being diagnosed stage IV and have had 3 liver resections

wow
    wow wow triple wow.....

but I do not want another liver resection today ....hahah but you my dearest give me great hope too

have a big big hug

mags
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    "Show Off:)"
    LOL, Maggie:)

There is always that feeling of guilt when you're doing well and another person is not...

Your story shows something to the NEW and the OLD alike (like me)...

For example, when I look at you, I see someone who was dx'd in the same year that I was...someone who has had recurrence like me...and a recurrence again like me.

Having just gone over 15-months clear myself (never happened in my 8-yr fight), I find myself in my own personally uncharted territory.

And then I see you chugging along 4-years clear...

And for a moment, I dare ask myself..."Will I have the same success as Mags has had?"

At 15-months clear in an 8-year battle, I'm still in my infancy stage of being clear and more time has to roll off the clock for me to even consider that I might go as long as you have.

But your story to me, sets the bar high and gives me something to aim for - something to physically see and go for..."hoping" (there's that word) that I've got the chance to "just maybe."

I've been snake bit 3x with this stuff, so I'm a little jaded about what I still think my future holds. But the truth about that, is that I'm just using my own insecurity to shield me against the thoughts and feelings that I have from the inevitable thoughts that cancer will someday find me again...

It's so hard to break the ties that bind...

But, maybe I will be one of those that walks away...next scan would make 21-mos...the one after 27-mos...I might dare to dream then...

But, that's scary for me, because I don't want to fall again, Maggie May.

I was thinking about that this morning when I was showering for work....how hard it is everyday for me still to conform to society and meet all their deadlines and committments...when it's so hard to move and get ready and work like a machine.

And I thought of myself for some reason back in last year's fight...never being up at 6am in the morning...and just sick and bedridden all day long.

I tell you, Maggie...I just can't do this anymore if it comes back...I just hope it's over for me now, like I feel it is over and behind you now...at least it's getting smaller in your rear view mirror.

So, you're not showing off with your good news...I actually liked hearing that this morning...and because of you, I wrote another long winded post...

Our consciences play a mean game of ping-pong when we are deciding to post a good story amidst so much sadness...

But, that is the sole nature of this board...so hearing good stories always water the roots of the foundation that this cancer house is moored to.

Thanks for Hope today...I just talk about it, but you're actually doing it.

Love/Craig
  • maglets
    Sundanceh said:

"Show Off:)"
    LOL, Maggie:)

There is always that feeling of guilt when you're doing well and another person is not...

Your story shows something to the NEW and the OLD alike (like me)...

For example, when I look at you, I see someone who was dx'd in the same year that I was...someone who has had recurrence like me...and a recurrence again like me.

Having just gone over 15-months clear myself (never happened in my 8-yr fight), I find myself in my own personally uncharted territory.

And then I see you chugging along 4-years clear...

And for a moment, I dare ask myself..."Will I have the same success as Mags has had?"

At 15-months clear in an 8-year battle, I'm still in my infancy stage of being clear and more time has to roll off the clock for me to even consider that I might go as long as you have.

But your story to me, sets the bar high and gives me something to aim for - something to physically see and go for..."hoping" (there's that word) that I've got the chance to "just maybe."

I've been snake bit 3x with this stuff, so I'm a little jaded about what I still think my future holds. But the truth about that, is that I'm just using my own insecurity to shield me against the thoughts and feelings that I have from the inevitable thoughts that cancer will someday find me again...

It's so hard to break the ties that bind...

But, maybe I will be one of those that walks away...next scan would make 21-mos...the one after 27-mos...I might dare to dream then...

But, that's scary for me, because I don't want to fall again, Maggie May.

I was thinking about that this morning when I was showering for work....how hard it is everyday for me still to conform to society and meet all their deadlines and committments...when it's so hard to move and get ready and work like a machine.

And I thought of myself for some reason back in last year's fight...never being up at 6am in the morning...and just sick and bedridden all day long.

I tell you, Maggie...I just can't do this anymore if it comes back...I just hope it's over for me now, like I feel it is over and behind you now...at least it's getting smaller in your rear view mirror.

So, you're not showing off with your good news...I actually liked hearing that this morning...and because of you, I wrote another long winded post...

Our consciences play a mean game of ping-pong when we are deciding to post a good story amidst so much sadness...

But, that is the sole nature of this board...so hearing good stories always water the roots of the foundation that this cancer house is moored to.

Thanks for Hope today...I just talk about it, but you're actually doing it.

Love/Craig

Craig
    dang you Craig...I am sitting here trying to have a cup of coffee

and I am blubbering and crying all over my keyboard....

I love you with all my heart....

mags
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Dear Mags
    If this is "showing off" please do it every year so that everyone in ear shot can hear that it is possible to be NED!

Glad you got some needed rest and gladder still that the news was so good!

Hugs and love to you. Keep giving us hope.

Marie who loves kitties
  • Doc_Hawk
    Doc_Hawk Member Posts: 685
    Just landed in traction ...
    ... from doing back flips, that's so awesome, Mags! Congrats on continued NED.
  • YoVita
    YoVita Member Posts: 590 Member
    Show off
    Yes, keep it up. It's good for all of us to hear your good news. Happy for you.
  • jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member
    Awesome! You guys keep
    Awesome! You guys keep showing off!! I hope you are celebrating your good news.
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    yay
    great news! and no you are not showing off please don't say that. any news of ned is hope for those still in battle
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member
    Sonia32 said:

yay
    great news! and no you are not showing off please don't say that. any news of ned is hope for those still in battle

Mags this just shows what IS
    Mags this just shows what IS POSSIBLE!!! Great news!!!
  • Semira
    Semira Member Posts: 381 Member
    YES
    Mags, THANK you for the good news and the hope. We are nearing "our" 1 year cancerversary and so we need good news to keep calm.

Hugs from Germany
    Petra
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    Semira said:

YES
    Mags, THANK you for the good news and the hope. We are nearing "our" 1 year cancerversary and so we need good news to keep calm.

Hugs from Germany
    Petra

don't stop showing off
    enjoy the good news, get some sleep and keep sharing.
    hugs,
    Pete
  • Cathleen Mary
    Cathleen Mary Member Posts: 827 Member

don't stop showing off
    enjoy the good news, get some sleep and keep sharing.
    hugs,
    Pete

This is the most beneficial

This is the most beneficial 'showing off' I've ever experienced. Your good news is welcome and provides much hope. NED should never be underground.
    Enjoy the good news!

Hugs,
    Cathleen Mary
  • steved
    steved Member Posts: 834 Member
    Mags
    Replied to your scanxiety post but lost it on posting and didn't have the energy to repost so thought I really must reply to this great news. Please take time to enjoy and celebrate without any guilt or worries of showing off. Anyone who fights this illness deserves to celebrate any moment of hope and positivity that comes along and ere are many here who will share in your celebrations-myself included.

I hope also by really recognising the scale of this great news and what it really means in your journey it might add to eroding some of the doubts and anxieties that overwhelm whenever it is time for tests and scans- it really is true that in time those feelings reduce even if it didn't feel that way for you over this week.

Thank you for giving us all something to celebrate,

With love,
    Steve
  • Maxiecat
    Maxiecat Member Posts: 544 Member
    Wonderful news! I really
    Wonderful news! I really needed some cheering up... I am just having a couple of down days....I don't know if is fatigue or just a slight case of thinking too much about what might be. Your story gives me encouragement ..l that there hope for the long term.

Alex
  • lauragb
    lauragb Member Posts: 370 Member
    Thank you so much for
    Thank you so much for "showing off"! This is the kind of news I love to hear.
    So happy for you.

Light to you.
    Laura
  • janie1
    janie1 Member Posts: 753 Member
    lauragb said:

Thank you so much for
    Thank you so much for "showing off"! This is the kind of news I love to hear.
    So happy for you.

Light to you.
    Laura

Well now......please do not
    Well now......please do not withhold good news. We need to hear it. You have been a tremendous inspiration.....and you are so, so, kind.
    I would love to sip coffee with you someday in YOUR cabin. lol.
  • jasminsaba
    jasminsaba Member Posts: 157 Member
    Congratulations!
    Mags, I am so excited about your good news ... I am excited for you, of course, but also happy for me. Your good news has inspired a lot of hope and optimism in me at a time when I was feeling suddenly very vulnerable. Thank you for sharing your journey and all the best to you.
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Well I guess
    That means the glass is half full and I'm glad it is,,,,Big hugs Maggie. Ron.