Finally got a date

mickf
mickf Member Posts: 15
Well I have finally got a date to evict 'Roger the lodger'. Operation booked for 12 November, so, hopefully I will soon be on the road to a full recovery. my thanks go out to you people on here who have helped and still are helping get me through this

Mick

Comments

• angec
    angec Member Posts: 924 Member
    That is good news Mick! I am
    That is good news Mick! I am sure you cannot wait for it to be over. Try to keep yourself very busy to put the nervs off. Wishing you all the best. Stay positive...
  • icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    angec said:

That is good news Mick! I am
    That is good news Mick! I am sure you cannot wait for it to be over. Try to keep yourself very busy to put the nervs off. Wishing you all the best. Stay positive...

Piece of cake
    Mick,

Look at it this way. If things looked really bad, they woukd have taken out the bugger immeadiately. So you have to wait for the Surgeon's golf schedule. Not fun waiting. I did for mine more than 2 months after diagnosis. As i said earlir everthing will be fine. You will be able to enjoy thanksgiving although you will still be a little weak.

Icemantoo
  • ourfriendjohn
    ourfriendjohn Member Posts: 72
    icemantoo said:

Piece of cake
    Mick,

Look at it this way. If things looked really bad, they woukd have taken out the bugger immeadiately. So you have to wait for the Surgeon's golf schedule. Not fun waiting. I did for mine more than 2 months after diagnosis. As i said earlir everthing will be fine. You will be able to enjoy thanksgiving although you will still be a little weak.

Icemantoo

Wait, wait, wait
    Mick,

Glad to hear you have a date but what a stressful time this is. The best advice I can give you is to try and get yourself as healthy as possible before surgery. Eating right and exercising as much as possible now will help you through the whole ordeal. Besides, it helps burn off some of that anxious energy. Keep us in the loop and let us know if you have any questions along the way.

John
  • pjune127
    pjune127 Member Posts: 127
    the waiting game
    I'm quite familiar with the waiting game. I waited over 6 weeks for surgery. I have recently waited (and waited) to begin a clinical trial. Just remember...GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE THAT WAIT. You'll be fine. Meanwhile enjoy every day, eat well, live, love, and laugh. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Paula
  • Max Power
    Max Power Member Posts: 60
    I second that about exercise.
    Let me second what our friend John said about exercise. I had some time before my surgery so I exercised like mad, got to the point where I could do 100 situps and swim a mile. Turned out I got positive feedback from the surgeon on that (especially the situps because they had to go in through the front) and I believe my recovery was faster.

AND like John says, it gave me something to do.

The sugery by the way was far less stressful than I imagined. My back started hurting around day 2 in bed so they asked if I wanted pain meds. "What meds am I taking now?" I asked. Answer: None! And I had a 10-inch scar. Amazing.
  • alice124
    alice124 Member Posts: 896 Member
    Roger the lodger
    May you and "Roger the lodger" forever part ways. Congrats on the eviction date. Take care of yourself physically and mentally between now and then as others have advised, and get ready to have a great holiday season!
  • JackieP125
    JackieP125 Member Posts: 56
    HURRY UP AND WAIT
    The same here. I was diagnosed in November last year but did not get scheduled for surgery until January 5 of this year. So I had to go thru the holidays knowing I had a tumor in my right kidney. That was very difficult emotionally for me. Glad you got a date before the holidays. God Bless and Good Luck!!
  • garym
    garym Member Posts: 1,647
    Roger the lodger...
    Hi Mick,

Just wanted to add my well wishes to those above. Looks like you are getting an early Christmas present this year and its the best ever, the gift of life! Hang in there, it will all be behind you before you know it.

Good luck and Godspeed,

Gary
  • foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    garym said:

Roger the lodger...
    Hi Mick,

Just wanted to add my well wishes to those above. Looks like you are getting an early Christmas present this year and its the best ever, the gift of life! Hang in there, it will all be behind you before you know it.

Good luck and Godspeed,

Gary

Roger
    Thanksgiving will never have been as good as this one will. Maybe still recovering, but, surgery will be behind you. Good luck.