First Scan since Stem Cell Transplant

As many of you know I had an auto stem cell transplant back in June. Today I head to my first scan since the transplant. I would be lying if I said that im not nervous and anxious. Many of you have been there for me through the procedure and I owe it to you to keep you informed of the results. Thank you all for your loving cares and prayers. I pray and hope that I receive good news, this has been a rough year...11 rounds of chemo and then a transplant. Looking for brighter days ahead. Thank you all!!!

Comments

• COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    NERVOUS
    Mike,
    Just nervous huh. Well you're a better man than me. I would be having all kinds of stuff going thru my mind as I usually do before every scan. I am sure all will be fine. Just keep us up on what you find out. I checked your expressions page ,but did not see anything about your initial or on going diagnosis. Just wondering what it was.John
  • I'd be nervous too
    That's a lot of treatment to go through.. the scan's gotta be squeaky clean by now! Best of luck coach!
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    Scan time...
    Hi Mike,
    I'll be keeping positive thoughts for a clean scan report. Being nervous when scan time comes is a totally normal emotion, and most of us feel the same way...I sure do!.The idea that something might be going on in our body that we don't know about, is always lurking in the back of our minds. I hope as time passes and we all keep getting good results, our scan anxiety will be less scary. We can hope! Best wishes today, and let us know your results. Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • coachmike
    coachmike Member Posts: 155
    COBRA666 said:

NERVOUS
    Mike,
    Just nervous huh. Well you're a better man than me. I would be having all kinds of stuff going thru my mind as I usually do before every scan. I am sure all will be fine. Just keep us up on what you find out. I checked your expressions page ,but did not see anything about your initial or on going diagnosis. Just wondering what it was.John

Diffuse Large B Cell
    Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma Stage 2
  • KatMat
    KatMat Member Posts: 62
    allmost60 said:

Scan time...
    Hi Mike,
    I'll be keeping positive thoughts for a clean scan report. Being nervous when scan time comes is a totally normal emotion, and most of us feel the same way...I sure do!.The idea that something might be going on in our body that we don't know about, is always lurking in the back of our minds. I hope as time passes and we all keep getting good results, our scan anxiety will be less scary. We can hope! Best wishes today, and let us know your results. Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

Sending good vibes
    Hope all goes well with your scan. I am sure it will!

Katie
  • illead
    illead Member Posts: 884 Member
    KatMat said:

Sending good vibes
    Hope all goes well with your scan. I am sure it will!

Katie

Same sentiments Mike
    Hope things will only go uphill from here. Sounds like you are ready for a break. Bill and Becky
  • jimwins
    jimwins Member Posts: 2,107
    Positive thoughts
    Hey Mike,

I'm keeping you in my thoughts for great results!
    You know you have friends here.

Hugs,

Jim
  • DadysGirl
    DadysGirl Member Posts: 346
    Wishing you clean best
    Wishing you clean best results
  • coachmike
    DadysGirl said:

Wishing you clean best
    Wishing you clean best results

Grateful
    I am so grateful to you all for your prayers and well wishes. Tomorrow I meet with the onc and while they are optimistic I have to be somewhat realistic that i may not all be gone. Of course I want to have a clean scan and I pray that that will be the case. This waiting period has been rough but its almost over. Thank you again for all of your support!

PS DaddysGirl, so glad to hear from you. I still pray for you and your family.
  • carolp99
    carolp99 Member Posts: 70
    coachmike said:

Grateful
    I am so grateful to you all for your prayers and well wishes. Tomorrow I meet with the onc and while they are optimistic I have to be somewhat realistic that i may not all be gone. Of course I want to have a clean scan and I pray that that will be the case. This waiting period has been rough but its almost over. Thank you again for all of your support!

Praying
    Will say an additional prayer for you tonight that your results are positive.
  • onlytoday
    onlytoday Member Posts: 609 Member
    coachmike said:

Grateful

The Meeting
    Mike,
    I am hoping and praying that today's meeting went well and that you got clean results on your scan.

I know the waiting must be so hard. I'm not so good at that either.

Big prayers,

Donna
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    praying
    Only positive thoughts for a clean scan!!!! Vinny
  • coachmike
    vinny59 said:

praying
    Only positive thoughts for a clean scan!!!! Vinny

Everyone first let me tell you how much I value your support and prayers. I am ecstatic to tell you that I got a clean scan today!!! No evidence of disease. Everything looks great and my lab levels are all completely normal. All Praises to our Heavenly Father. Thank you all so much for your love. You have been such a source of strength for me.

Coach Mike
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    coachmike said:

Everyone first let me tell you how much I value your support and prayers. I am ecstatic to tell you that I got a clean scan today!!! No evidence of disease. Everything looks great and my lab levels are all completely normal. All Praises to our Heavenly Father. Thank you all so much for your love. You have been such a source of strength for me.

Coach Mike

yes!!!!!!!
    So awesome to hear Mike!! made my morning! Vinny
  • jimwins
    jimwins Member Posts: 2,107
    coachmike said:

Coach Mike

Great News!
    That is wonderful news, Mike.

Happy Dance
    for Coachmike

Hugs and happiness,

Jim
  • Aaron
    Aaron Member Posts: 237
    jimwins said:

Great News!
    That is wonderful news, Mike.

Happy Dance
    for Coachmike

Hugs and happiness,

Jim

Great!
    That's so good to hear Mike, keep the clean scans coming!
  • anliperez915
    anliperez915 Member Posts: 770
    coachmike said:

Coach Mike

Çongratulations
    Congratulations Mike,
    Extremely HAPPY for you, you should definitely celebrate or do something nice for yourself. Thank God, take care and sending you positive thoughts. (((Hugs)))

Sincerely,
    Liz
  • DadysGirl
    DadysGirl Member Posts: 346
    coachmike said:

Coach Mike

Very happy for you and your
    Very happy for you and your loved ones Mike. I just wish we could have celebrated my wonderful Dad's forthcoming scan following yours... Don't know how or what happened it was so unexpected... Yes sct had lots of possible compl. Including death 30% in my Dad's case but what happened after doc said did we just give him water even if that was the case there was nothing in his lungs or chest prior to sct... We miss Him soooo much and things still don't seem real it seems like a dream and just having real difficult times sometime and not a moment I don't think or pray for Him... He was loved by everyone that passed paths with him even for short time... It's unreal how a person can be liked so much by everyone... One day I hope I'll have the strength to share details of my Dad's last days... Wasn't great but had so many wonderful moments which makes me think He is happy now... Regards luv to everyone
  • allmost60
    coachmike said:

Coach Mike

Great!
    Hi Mike,
    Thats great news! You are "good to go"! Take care and best wishes for continued NED.
    Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • allmost60
    DadysGirl said:

Very happy for you and your
    Very happy for you and your loved ones Mike. I just wish we could have celebrated my wonderful Dad's forthcoming scan following yours... Don't know how or what happened it was so unexpected... Yes sct had lots of possible compl. Including death 30% in my Dad's case but what happened after doc said did we just give him water even if that was the case there was nothing in his lungs or chest prior to sct... We miss Him soooo much and things still don't seem real it seems like a dream and just having real difficult times sometime and not a moment I don't think or pray for Him... He was loved by everyone that passed paths with him even for short time... It's unreal how a person can be liked so much by everyone... One day I hope I'll have the strength to share details of my Dad's last days... Wasn't great but had so many wonderful moments which makes me think He is happy now... Regards luv to everyone

Wonderful moments...
    Hi DaddysGirl,
    I'm so glad you were able to have some wonderful moments with your dad. Some people don't even get to be near loved ones when they pass away, as was the case with both my mom and dad. I wish so much I could have been by their side at the end. Anytime you need to talk or want to share your feelings, we will be here for you. God bless you...Sue
    (FNHL-2-3a-6/10)