PCP check ups?

don09
don09 Member Posts: 108
Hope all of you are doing well, I am curious to know how often all of you see your primary Dr. for regular check ups. I lost my original PCP due to insurance changes, and was pretty healthy up until a month ago when I contacted a cold. I have since found a new one which I've only seen once, when I inquired how often should I see him for regular check ups, he really didn't say, I'm thinking perhaps he is leaving that question for me to determine, but am interested in knowing how often all of you see yours, or what the normal protocol is for us lung cancer survivors? Any info appreciated.

Comments

• Ex_Rock_n_Roller
    Ex_Rock_n_Roller Member Posts: 281 Member
    I switched PCPs ...
    ... after diagnosis because I was seriously unhappy with the non-role my original guy played in discovering the problem, so I may be a bad yardstick, but, I see the PCP pretty much only when I have something probably non-cancer-related going on. That has amounted to about four times in the past two years.

Between those kinds of visits and onco followups that typically involve blood lab, I figure I'm being seen often enough, so I really don't schedule anything as a routine.
  • don09
    don09 Member Posts: 108

I switched PCPs ...
    ... after diagnosis because I was seriously unhappy with the non-role my original guy played in discovering the problem, so I may be a bad yardstick, but, I see the PCP pretty much only when I have something probably non-cancer-related going on. That has amounted to about four times in the past two years.

Between those kinds of visits and onco followups that typically involve blood lab, I figure I'm being seen often enough, so I really don't schedule anything as a routine.

Thanks Ex_Rock_n_Roller, I
    Thanks Ex_Rock_n_Roller, I noticed you and a few others here are always the first to chime in to help in numerous ways, it doesn't go unnoticed by me, and I'm sure others too. Stay strong and well my friend.