thanks Trisha

lovemycat
lovemycat Member Posts: 43
edited September 2012 in Uterine/Endometrial Cancer #1
Hi Trisha,
I had my first visit with Dr. Lea yesterday. I really like her she is soft spoken and goes over everything with you and really takes the time to explain. She was very concerned that no lymph nodes were sampled and that i was put off for a long time getting on a oncology board. She felt like a lot of time was wasted before with no treatment or a plan. She feels the tumor may have invaded through the uterus and not knowing the stage is not good. She has indicated that she will need to go back in through the long abdominal incision to sample some lymph nodes. It has been approximately 3 months and nothing was done not even radiation. That concerns her very much. She said we need to get a PET/CT done as soon as soon as possible. (It is set up for Wednesday Sept. 26th. She is having the pathologists there look over my slides and then the tumor board will meet and come up with a plan to attack. She will call me as soon as she knows anything and I have my next appointment with her on Oct. 9th At least now I feel like I am with the right Doctor and treatment center. Trish I can't thank you enough for telling me about her and the great directions on getting to the cancer center made it so easy. You are a very special lady. THANKS!!!!
Helen

Comments

• txtrisha55
    txtrisha55 Member Posts: 693 Member
    You are so welcome and I am
    You are so welcome and I am glad it is working out for you. I am glad you liked her. I know that my family and best friend liked her. I am glad they have a plan. If you have the CT scan wait awhile before you hit the road back home because they burrium that you have to drink before the CT scan really makes go to the bathroom a lot and fast. I made it home but should have gone at the hospital before I started home and I only live about 20 minutes from there. I have never had a PET scan so cannot give any feedback there. I did have the full abdominal surgery and it was ok just do not lift anything heavy. I was thinking about you all weekend so I am glad it worked out for you. Will be praying for you. trish
  • lovemycat
    lovemycat Member Posts: 43

You are so welcome and I am
    You are so welcome and I am glad it is working out for you. I am glad you liked her. I know that my family and best friend liked her. I am glad they have a plan. If you have the CT scan wait awhile before you hit the road back home because they burrium that you have to drink before the CT scan really makes go to the bathroom a lot and fast. I made it home but should have gone at the hospital before I started home and I only live about 20 minutes from there. I have never had a PET scan so cannot give any feedback there. I did have the full abdominal surgery and it was ok just do not lift anything heavy. I was thinking about you all weekend so I am glad it worked out for you. Will be praying for you. trish

thanks for the info
    I never thought about waiting after the PET/Ct but glad you mentioned it. A long ride back to Waco if anything were to kick in. I really do like Dr. Lea and I'm so lucky you recommended her. I just feel really good about her. This is all so scary but when you trust your doctor it is so much easier. Thanks again and I hope we meet soon. Hugs and prayers!!
    Thanks again,
    Helen