2 weeks post op

brea588
brea588 Member Posts: 240
edited September 2012 in Kidney Cancer #1
Had Doc appt Friday for 2 week follow up after surgery. Noticed every time I ate something my stomach would pouch out, uncomfortable at times, and could only eat about 4 ounces at a time. I told Doc he must have done some bariatric surgery too LOL. But , now I have to have a CT Scan of abdomen sometime this next week. He thinks it could be a hernia, I hope not. I think its part of healing process as I have 7 sm incisions in abd and especially 3 right around the area that bothers me. I am asking for your prayers and thoughts that this will all come out ok, i am still weak from the surgery and just now feeling a little stronger. Dont think i am up to another surgery right now. Need some healing time.

Comments

• angec
    angec Member Posts: 924 Member
    Prayers Coming Your Way!
    Hello, just want to write and say hello. Easier said than done, but try not to worry too much. Maybe it is just healing. Two weeks is fairly new. Anyone else have any input or experience with this? You are in good care on this board. We are all by yourside. Stay strong, keep the prayers going. God will comfort you. Please let us know how you are doing. PS.. you would only be able to eat 3 ounces with the gastric surgery! ;)
  • alice124
    alice124 Member Posts: 896 Member
    your update
    Brea,

Hope you're right and it's just healing pain that will decrease with time. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Take care Brea!
  • constantprayer
    constantprayer Member Posts: 18
    Post Op
    Brea -

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. I am 4 weeks post op now and what a roller coaster ride it has been -- can't seem to get my digestive track to settle down. Last week I ended up in a gastro doc's office because my intestinal system was spasming and at times the pain felt like labor pain. Then to top it off I started vomiting again.

The doctor put me on some nausea medicine and an anti-spasm drug. The anti-spasm drug seems to be working, but if I fail to take it on time, the spasms come back. I also have a bulge right next to the incision in the middle of my abdomen. At first I thought it was just part of the swelling, but now I'm not sure. Maybe some of the more experienced patients will know?

Anyway, I hope the results of your ct scan to not require more surgery. I'm right there with you... I couldn't handle another surgery either. I will be praying for you.

Cheryl
  • brea588
    brea588 Member Posts: 240

Post Op
    Brea -

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. I am 4 weeks post op now and what a roller coaster ride it has been -- can't seem to get my digestive track to settle down. Last week I ended up in a gastro doc's office because my intestinal system was spasming and at times the pain felt like labor pain. Then to top it off I started vomiting again.

The doctor put me on some nausea medicine and an anti-spasm drug. The anti-spasm drug seems to be working, but if I fail to take it on time, the spasms come back. I also have a bulge right next to the incision in the middle of my abdomen. At first I thought it was just part of the swelling, but now I'm not sure. Maybe some of the more experienced patients will know?

Anyway, I hope the results of your ct scan to not require more surgery. I'm right there with you... I couldn't handle another surgery either. I will be praying for you.

Cheryl

post op
    Thank you Cheryl. I am having the bulge in the same area right next to the biggest incision doc made. I am taking zofran for nausea my scan isnt til next monday.I also have spasms if I move a certain way which reminds me when I had open gall bladder surgery 20 years ago. I had those spasms for years where the muscles were cut. I ask doc if he cut into abd muscles and he said yes he did so I know how long that takes to get over lol. I told him this partial neph was a tough surgery and he said yes it is. Its a major surgery. Praying you will get better soon.
  • constantprayer
    constantprayer Member Posts: 18
    CT Scan
    Brea - Thanks for the prayers. They scheduled me for a CT Scan this morning. I had to drink the glow-in-the-dark stuff. The french vanilla isn't too bad. Tastes like a watered down vanilla shake. I had to drink a lot of it though, so I feel sloshy. Anyway, now we wait for the results of the CT Scan. Hopefully everything is ok and my angry digestive track will settle down. I will continue praying for you.

Cheryl