Scan results and chemo break

Well, my mom had the cicle 12 of Folfiri + Cetuximab and the scan results are of "no progression" a little shrunk on the largest lesion of liver but still multiples on liver, lungs and peritoneal. At least she recuperate her liver function. Now the onc suggest to do a chemo break for two months and then continue. She reminded us that this is chemo for life and that one day this will not work anymore but that nobody know when will be.

Hugs to all. Celeste

Comments

• Brenda Bricco
    Brenda Bricco Member Posts: 579 Member
    I wish the results were more
    I wish the results were more shrinkage but I am glad for the no progression. Thinking of you.
    Brenda
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member

I wish the results were more
    I wish the results were more shrinkage but I am glad for the no progression. Thinking of you.
    Brenda

Hola Celeste! Espero que tu madre pueda disfrutar de este
    Merecido descanso,y si la quimio deja de funcionar otras combinaciones de quimio siempre serán posibles!
    Una abraçada .
  • SharonVegas
    SharonVegas Member Posts: 189
    That's excellent that there
    That's excellent that there is no progression! I've been told it's chemo for life too so I'm glad to hear your no progression story today. Prayers for continued findings of no progression.
    My best to you,
    SharonVegas
  • steveandnat
    steveandnat Member Posts: 886
    Hope for the best
    Very glad there is no progression. I to have been told chemo for life so I too get a little nervous when they stop giving some chemo. Whoever the thought of a break sounds good too. Praying everything is going to be good. Jeff
  • taraHK
    taraHK Member Posts: 1,952 Member
    Yea!
    Good news on the no progression. I am one of those 'chemo for life' people. I've had a couple of chemo breaks -- and they are wonderful. Hope she enjoys, and takes the opportunity to regain strength and health and spirit.

Best,
    Tara
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Hi Celeste
    Good news about there being no progression.
    None of know when our time is up, cancer or no cancer.
    I hope your Mom enjoys the break and that we all live our lives to the fullest as best we can...
    -phil
  • spainmum
    spainmum Member Posts: 29
    PhillieG said:

Hi Celeste
    Good news about there being no progression.
    None of know when our time is up, cancer or no cancer.
    I hope your Mom enjoys the break and that we all live our lives to the fullest as best we can...
    -phil

Thanks
    Thanks to all for your encouragement. I know she need a break because now she had the diarrhea all days, but i'm afraid of the possibility of a growth on this months.

Hugs.
  • spainmum
    spainmum Member Posts: 29
    pepebcn said:

Hola Celeste! Espero que tu madre pueda disfrutar de este
    Merecido descanso,y si la quimio deja de funcionar otras combinaciones de quimio siempre serán posibles!
    Una abraçada .

Gracies
    Moltes gràcies Pepe.

Una abraçada.