PET and Labs Results!

pepebcn
pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
After 4 rounds of Xeloda /Avastin this are Cea Results.
Started on 67, after 4 rounds Cea 11.
PET some lymph nodes completely disappeared ,all the others shrunk in a 70% also SUV intake maximum 1.7 coming from 8 in some of them.
Doctors expect everything will be off in 2 or 3 more Rounds!

Comments

• Momof2plusteentwins
    Momof2plusteentwins Member Posts: 509 Member
    Pepe
    WOW Pepe that is great. It is good to hear some positive news. Hope they are all gone with next few rounds. Take care and enjoy that ocean.
    Sandy :)
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Ole'...
    :)
  • Doc_Hawk
    Doc_Hawk Member Posts: 685
    Awesome
    Great results, Pepe! Maybe it's a little bit of hubris, but sometimes I feel like we're getting a little bit of payback for those we've lost to this wretch of a disease.
  • steved
    steved Member Posts: 834 Member
    Fabulous news
    I know you have been through a nervous time waiting for results so congratulations on the outcome. I did find that combination held my tu,our pretty stable for a long while and am hearing of it being used more and more. I had little in the way of side effects too so quality of life is pretty- are you finding the same?

Gives me an excuse to drink a toast tonight (not that I need an excuse with a period of forced sobriety coming up I am enjoying my wine collection at present and even have the blessing of my dietitian in doing so as she is ken I get in all the calories I can where ever they come from!).

Thanks for making my day,
    Steve
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Dearest Pepe
    Such wonderful news!!!!

I am so very happy that things are going so well for you.

Raising my glass to you and praying for continued great success.

Hugs and love,

Marie who loves kitties
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member

Dearest Pepe
    Such wonderful news!!!!

I am so very happy that things are going so well for you.

Raising my glass to you and praying for continued great success.

Hugs and love,

Marie who loves kitties

That's great Pepe, after
    That's great Pepe, after that what is the plan?? Will you continue on the xeloda and avastin??
  • pepebcn
    smokeyjoe said:

That's great Pepe, after
    That's great Pepe, after that what is the plan?? Will you continue on the xeloda and avastin??

Well leena I never mentioned it here but it's been my 5 th
    Recurrence in nearly 4 years , so I need a rest ! It means that as soon I get NED If I achieve it want to stop for a while and then wait and see!
    I really need it , it's been my strategy in the last 3 recurrences and it's fine for me! I always will be able to start the fight if it appears again
    I'm still quite strong and will be more if I can achieve a few months or years who knows or resting!.
    PS. Craig be careful I'm going to catch your record! LOL. or I already did it?.LOL.
  • YoVita
    YoVita Member Posts: 590 Member
    Happy for you!
    Such good news. Hope for a treatment break for you.
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member
    YoVita said:

Happy for you!
    Such good news. Hope for a treatment break for you.

(((Pepe))) hope you stay
    (((Pepe))) hope you stay NED forever!! I just wonder if a low dose of xeloda and celebrex would keep it away....I wish I had asked my onc. for xeloda months ago. Hopefully it's working.
  • Semira
    Semira Member Posts: 381 Member
    so great
    Good news ! A big hug to you!!!!
  • Luckygirl2
    Luckygirl2 Member Posts: 308
    Happy dance!
    Such wonderful news! Gave me a smile today! Indeed, enjoy your ocean today!
  • pepebcn

Happy dance!
    Such wonderful news! Gave me a smile today! Indeed, enjoy your ocean today!

Lol.
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn said:

Lol.

Oleeee, Craig! Hahaha.
    Thanks mates but still a little of had work ahead! .
    Wish you the best as well! God bless you!
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn said:

Lol.

Oleeee, Craig! Hahaha.
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    pepebcn said:

Well leena I never mentioned it here but it's been my 5 th
    Recurrence in nearly 4 years , so I need a rest ! It means that as soon I get NED If I achieve it want to stop for a while and then wait and see!
    I really need it , it's been my strategy in the last 3 recurrences and it's fine for me! I always will be able to start the fight if it appears again
    I'm still quite strong and will be more if I can achieve a few months or years who knows or resting!.
    PS. Craig be careful I'm going to catch your record! LOL. or I already did it?.LOL.

You Win, Pepe!
    You got me, man:)

I'm the lightweight of the group....only had it 3x.

Get well, mate!

-Craig
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    pepebcn said:

Oleeee, Craig! Hahaha.

G'day Pepe
    Hugs mate I am glad that you have some better news. I hope it just gets better. I hope ca has got the message . Ron.
  • spainmum
    spainmum Member Posts: 29
    Hi Pepe
    I'm very glad of your response to this combination of chemo. Hoping this goes to the NED status.

Abraçades. Celeste.
  • janie1
    janie1 Member Posts: 753 Member
    spainmum said:

Hi Pepe
    I'm very glad of your response to this combination of chemo. Hoping this goes to the NED status.

Abraçades. Celeste.

yes!
    That is great to hear!!!!!
    Smokeyjoe may have a good suggestion. I've read about that combination, too.

I also wondered if you and your onc are still considering that vaccine trial when you get to a good point, hopefully after a few more rounds.

Wow.....just happy for you.
  • Dyanclark
    Dyanclark Member Posts: 296
    Great
    Good news, my husband just finished about same treatments along with surgery to go on bag. He had a lot of scar tissue from Radiation 4 years ago. His CEA was 47 now 1.9 and when they put him on bag all biopsies were negative for live cancer. Right now he is just trying to put on weight.
  • pepebcn
    janie1 said:

yes!
    That is great to hear!!!!!
    Smokeyjoe may have a good suggestion. I've read about that combination, too.

I also wondered if you and your onc are still considering that vaccine trial when you get to a good point, hopefully after a few more rounds.

Wow.....just happy for you.

Hi Janie! Not at all despite it seems is working
    Quite well you must have active tumours , and once you are Ned you are not admitted also is a random trial so you have to think in it twice! LOL.