Just Dxd yesterday- FIL IV GBM primary tumour in thalamus

Jaxees
Jaxees Member Posts: 13
This set in so quickly, just days, and he has already lost control of his left side now, just now is being rushed via ambulance to the hospital for major seizure... does anyone know if this could already be end stage? It came out of nowhere, no symptoms to paralysis and now seizures.

Comments

• amsan1724
    amsan1724 Member Posts: 7
    Grade 4 GBM
    My sister has a grade 4 thalamus GBM. She had no symptoms at all until May 29 when she became dizzy and lost some use of her right hand and leg and had speech/memory difficulties. She was an extremely healthy 68 year old woman prior to May 29. She had a fairly new procedure done at Siteman Cancer Center in St. Louis, MO. It is called Auto-Litt. It is also performed at the Cleveland Clinic. However, her symptoms became somewhat worse after the first biopsy, then the Auto-LITT, two seizures, and now after the radiation. We have been told that her brain can reconfigure, somewhat like a stroke patient. She had her last radiation treatment today. The oncologist said today that her symptoms should improve now that the radiation has ended. Because of the weakness in her right side and blood clots in her legs, she is bedridden and will be released to a rehab center in a few days. She was walking with a walker prior to the seizures. Seizures are very common in GBM's. There are medications to help with seizures. Hope this helps, although I didn't really answer your question. I don't think there is an answer to it at this point. Best of luck.
  • Jaxees
    amsan1724 said:

Grade 4 GBM
    My sister has a grade 4 thalamus GBM. She had no symptoms at all until May 29 when she became dizzy and lost some use of her right hand and leg and had speech/memory difficulties. She was an extremely healthy 68 year old woman prior to May 29. She had a fairly new procedure done at Siteman Cancer Center in St. Louis, MO. It is called Auto-Litt. It is also performed at the Cleveland Clinic. However, her symptoms became somewhat worse after the first biopsy, then the Auto-LITT, two seizures, and now after the radiation. We have been told that her brain can reconfigure, somewhat like a stroke patient. She had her last radiation treatment today. The oncologist said today that her symptoms should improve now that the radiation has ended. Because of the weakness in her right side and blood clots in her legs, she is bedridden and will be released to a rehab center in a few days. She was walking with a walker prior to the seizures. Seizures are very common in GBM's. There are medications to help with seizures. Hope this helps, although I didn't really answer your question. I don't think there is an answer to it at this point. Best of luck.

Thanks- so she did not have
    Thanks- so she did not have surgery? My FIL was told because of the primary tumours location surgery is also not an option. I will forward the procedure information to them. Thanks! I hope your sister fairs well. :(
  • Jaxees
    amsan1724 said:

Grade 4 GBM

OMG-
    That's exactly it sorry, it's hard to concentrate for me right now. He has it in the thalamus also! I am so excited you wrote to me... thanks so much!