Hospice Called In

Comments

• danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    SORRY
    Sorry to hear your sad news. My wife has Alzheimers, so I too am a caregiver with little hope.
  • annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    Sending hugs and strength your way...
    and patience to deal with foolish folk who don't have any understanding of the cancer experience. Those of us who walk this path with you and your wife understand that there comes a time when letting a weary warrior rest is the right thing to do. I hope your dear wife will be lifted up in the final steps of this journey by the love and peace her loved ones can provide. Ann Alexandria
  • Brenda Bricco
    Brenda Bricco Member Posts: 579 Member
    I am so sorry to hear that
    I am so sorry to hear that she is near her end but I am happy to hear confidence in your post about the place you are at. No one knows what is right for soemone else and to have things like "your not giving up, are you?" is not what needs to be said. I some times feel that my role in all of this is down played because I am not the patient. My husbands battle has brought me to my knees, broken me to the point that every waking moment hurts and makes me feel alone in this world. Again, I am so sorry, your wife is blessed to have you.
    GOD bless you.
    Brenda
  • dianelynn41
    dianelynn41 Member Posts: 71

I am so sorry to hear that
    I am so sorry to hear that she is near her end but I am happy to hear confidence in your post about the place you are at. No one knows what is right for soemone else and to have things like "your not giving up, are you?" is not what needs to be said. I some times feel that my role in all of this is down played because I am not the patient. My husbands battle has brought me to my knees, broken me to the point that every waking moment hurts and makes me feel alone in this world. Again, I am so sorry, your wife is blessed to have you.
    GOD bless you.
    Brenda

Prayers for you all.
    Diane &

Prayers for you all.

Diane & Roby
  • tommycat
    tommycat Member Posts: 790 Member
    Here4Life
    Your pictures speaks a thousand words of a happy couple, and it looks like it was taken in the Spring of last year....so much can change so fast.
    If I could give you anything across the computer it would be peace and a sense of relief from all the TRYING. You did your very best. Now it's time to Be...to Be Together.
    You are always welcome on this site as you have a lot to offer...never forget that.
    With sincerest condolences and a hug,
    Your Friend in California,
    Tommycat
  • Maxiecat
    Maxiecat Member Posts: 544 Member
    I will keeep both of you in
    I will keeep both of you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that you both can find peace and acceptance in this next part of her journey. Spend as much time as possible together and just love eachother - time is so very precious.

Alex
  • here4lfe
    here4lfe Member Posts: 306 Member
    Thank You All
    My wife is not the computer type, but she knows some of the stories from this forum. I want to thank you all for sharing your journey, it has been a great help to us through all of this.

Best to you.
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    I am so sorry
    I am so sorry, May God keep you and your wife in her journey.

Ketz
  • Luckygirl2
    Luckygirl2 Member Posts: 308
    You have loved her through it
    I don't know what else to say, another hard fought battle. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
  • k44454445
    k44454445 Member Posts: 494
    peace
    i will be praying for both of you to have strength & peace. may God bless both of you as you have fought a good fight. i am so sorry.
    judy
  • fatbob2010
    fatbob2010 Member Posts: 467 Member
    Thanks For The Update
    Thanks you for the news...for me it is hard to read when one of the members reaches a point where there are no more options. I have read your posts for some time and you are obviously a great and dedicated caregiver; please ignore the nay sayers. As for the adds...we have them here too...not sure it is an option for everyone,

((HUGS)) and prayers for a peaceful and pain free time for you and your lovely wife.

Art
  • MrsJP
    MrsJP Member Posts: 157
    So very sorry..
    I am so very sad that your family is going threw this difficult time but am glad that you have each other.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sending a HUGE cyber hug.
    jp
  • alexinlv
    alexinlv Member Posts: 194 Member
    My heart goes out to you.
    My heart goes out to you. God bless! I am so sorry!
  • joemetz
    joemetz Member Posts: 493
    I read your post last night,
    I read your post last night, and thought about you and prayed for you last night, during the night and this morning.

I pray for strength for you and your family.
    I pray for God's Grace to shine down on your wife and to shine eternal happiness to her.

thank you for sharing and our prayers go out to you.
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Here4lfe
    I hope your wife is kept comfortable.
    She's been lucky to have such a thoughtful caring husband...
    -phil
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member
    PhillieG said:

Here4lfe
    I hope your wife is kept comfortable.
    She's been lucky to have such a thoughtful caring husband...
    -phil

This news saddens me, this
    This news saddens me, this is such a horrible disease. God bless your family with strength through this time. Keep in touch.
  • YoVita
    YoVita Member Posts: 590 Member
    You both fought hard
    Enjoy your remaining time together.
  • JayhawkDan
    JayhawkDan Member Posts: 205
    Bless you
    May the Lord be with you, and give you and your wife peace, and comfort. You're in my prayers. Dan
  • Kenny H.
    Kenny H. Member Posts: 502 Member

Bless you
    May the Lord be with you, and give you and your wife peace, and comfort. You're in my prayers. Dan

Sorry to read of this.
    Will

Sorry to read of this.
    Will pray for her and all of the family. What is her name?
  • devotion10
    devotion10 Member Posts: 623 Member
    May you find peace in your heart
    as your wife, you, and your family begin the next stage of this journey. I see in your smile a loving man and I have read the gentle and devoted way that you have described caring for her. I am also a caregiver and my husband has stage four cancer with mets to the liver and lungs. You have my greatest respect. The sadness that you must face is terrible, but I also wish you both moments of joy and peace. I wish your wife comfort. May your life be forever strengthened by the happier times you shared together.
    Cynthia