Is There Any Pink Sister Here That Does Or Knows Anything About Scrapbooking?

Angie2U
Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
I have been thinking about it, key word-thinking lol, but, I have no idea where I would even start. What do I buy and is it an expensive hobby? I wish I had some girlfriends that do it, but, none of them do and know nothing, just like me. lol

Any help you can give me would be great!

Thanks!

Angie

Comments

• Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    It looks cool
    Sorry Angie, I know nothing about it. Hope someone can help you.
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Creative Memories
    I think Creative Memories is nationwide; I'm not sure, but they are around where I live. There are ladies who are consultants and they do home shows and you have a little workshop where you bring a batch of pictures and they show you what to do with them. I actually set up a private class with a consultant because I needed to make 50th anniversary scrapbooks for my parents and in-laws and didn't know where to start. The consultants have tons of stuff that you can buy to make your scrapbooks, but you can get a lot of the supplies more cheaply at craft stores like A.C.Moore, Michael's, and Jo-Ann. I've made lots of scrapbooks since then, but still have my kids' weddings to scrap, and they were married 7 years ago.
    Hugs,
    Linda
  • Angie2U
    linpsu said:

Creative Memories
    I think Creative Memories is nationwide; I'm not sure, but they are around where I live. There are ladies who are consultants and they do home shows and you have a little workshop where you bring a batch of pictures and they show you what to do with them. I actually set up a private class with a consultant because I needed to make 50th anniversary scrapbooks for my parents and in-laws and didn't know where to start. The consultants have tons of stuff that you can buy to make your scrapbooks, but you can get a lot of the supplies more cheaply at craft stores like A.C.Moore, Michael's, and Jo-Ann. I've made lots of scrapbooks since then, but still have my kids' weddings to scrap, and they were married 7 years ago.
    Hugs,
    Linda

Thanks! I was afraid to
    Thanks! I was afraid to spend a lot and then just let it sit there. I will check into the craft stores here and see if they might even have a consultant to help me to get started.
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Angie2U said:

Thanks! I was afraid to
    Thanks! I was afraid to spend a lot and then just let it sit there. I will check into the craft stores here and see if they might even have a consultant to help me to get started.

Check...
    If you have one close, try Hobby Lobby..they give classes and have tons of scrap booking supplies..I've almost completed one for our oldest granddaughter...she turns 14 next month....lol. Have 3 other grands, that won't get one...lol it's a nice hobby, though.....give it a try, I know women who love it.....
    Google scarp booking...tons of info

Hugs, Nancy
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    i used to scrap book most
    i used to scrap book most daily..I even made one after done with treatment..my badge from radiation, count down calender, misc things...(odd I know) since a bad thing...

I used to have room set up just with all my scrap booking things...so I could do for 5 mins or 5 hrs as I wanted..then my daughter and 2 grandsons moved home and all packed away..too hard to take it all out for short time!

It can be very expensive but I shopped at Dollar stores (page protectors, glue, stickers etc) I save everything from trips (drink coasters, tickets, napkins etc all free) and use for pages...front of micheals craft stores usually have $1 stamps (misc)

Denise
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    angie:
    check out tag

angie:

check out tag sales...even for misc things if not stamps, paper punches but things like ribbons,glue, card stock, beads, glitter etc.

I love paper hole punches...can make page boarders etc, print clip art from computer is you have access.

things to save:''

Menus, movie, zoo, boat ride tickets (etc)
    flyers from trips, on cruise i saved each days adgenda and then put pix for that day on page, i make pages of grandsons art work with picture at time of project...you get the idea...heeh..

Denise
  • kjrpcb
    kjrpcb Member Posts: 41
    Scrapbooking
    I have been scrapbooking for years and love it. You have been given some god advice . The only thing I would add is
    Buy one album to start
    Don't get sucked into buying all the gadgets and hoo haw that is on the market.
    Get your pictures in order now
    All you need is some pretty paper, stickers and glue or tape. Acid free is the key.
    Buy as you need supplies. I can't tell you many times I have purchased duplicate supplies. .
    My daughters still look at their books from childhood. If you need any additional information email me. Have fun.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    MAJW said:

Check...
    If you have one close, try Hobby Lobby..they give classes and have tons of scrap booking supplies..I've almost completed one for our oldest granddaughter...she turns 14 next month....lol. Have 3 other grands, that won't get one...lol it's a nice hobby, though.....give it a try, I know women who love it.....
    Google scarp booking...tons of info

Hugs, Nancy

I don't do this, but, Hobby
    I don't do this, but, Hobby Lobby is a great place to start, if you have one there. Let us know if you try it.

Hugs, Debby
  • Angie2U
    kjrpcb said:

Scrapbooking
    I have been scrapbooking for years and love it. You have been given some god advice . The only thing I would add is
    Buy one album to start
    Don't get sucked into buying all the gadgets and hoo haw that is on the market.
    Get your pictures in order now
    All you need is some pretty paper, stickers and glue or tape. Acid free is the key.
    Buy as you need supplies. I can't tell you many times I have purchased duplicate supplies. .
    My daughters still look at their books from childhood. If you need any additional information email me. Have fun.

Thank you all so much!
    Thank you all so much! You've helped me out and now I feel educated, where as before, I didn't have a clue as to how to start.

Just buying one album is great advice Kjrpcb! Great advice from all of you!

Thanks again,

Angie