Dearest Jennie (idlehunters)...Has Left the Building:(

Sundanceh
Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
edited August 2012 in Colorectal Cancer #1
This is the hardest news I've ever delivered here. I am in a state of shock and denial.

I hope that I'm not out of line for speaking for Jennie, but we just received word from her daughter that Jennie has passed away this evening.

Apparently, there were many brain mets and this led to complications and her subsequent passing.

I've know Jenny for several years now...she's one of my dearest friends. A couple of years ago, she and I went to see Eric38 in the last week of his life and we shared that moment together with him - members of the Class of 2009.

And now, another one of my friends has been taken from me - from us - from her family. And she was a bright light - she was my crazy Jenny.

One of my favorite memories was CP9 in Fort Worth - we had margaritas on the patio at a place called The Cabo...just laughing and living life together.

She always saw me when she came to town - we were supposed to see each other this 25th when she got here for the Cowboy game.

I'm sad I've lost my friend...I'm sad for all of us who knew are. I was just fortunate to spend face time with her and we talked on the phone...I could usually get her to laugh and I used to like to hear her laugh - I can hear her now when I close my eyes.

We've all been worried about her - I think we all knew something was wrong - you know, Jennie...when something was amiss, she'd shout it from the rooftops and you could be certain we'd know about it:)

LOL! (Jennie would want me to make her laugh and remember her fun side) - :-)

I miss you, Jennie...I got too close again - but the memories of you I will hold for a lifetime - and I wouldn't have traded one second of time I spent with you and your daughters and brother for anything - they were special times I will forever treasure.

P.S. Please tell Eric and My Chicky howdy and you guys keep a light on for me!

Forever your friend,

-Craig

Comments

• PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Jennie
    I'm very sorry to hear this news...
  • dmj101
    dmj101 Member Posts: 527 Member
    OMG...
    Craig thank you so

OMG...
    Craig thank you so much for letting us know.. I too am beside myself.. I never met this woman but am glad I had the opportunity to get some of her advise and wisdom the short time I have been on this page.. I am sure you must really miss her.. my condolences..
    Peace - Light - and Hugs to you, Jennie and her family...
    God speed Jennie,,,, we will miss you.. till we meet in heaven someday and I can hug you and say Thank you!! Peace...
    Donna
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Such very sad news
    Dear Craig,

Thank you for letting us know, even though it is news we didn't want to get.

While I never got to meet her, everything you said shone thru in her postings.

I know she never ever let cancer get in her way of living life and making plans for the future.

God has called another angel home.

If you talk with the family again, please let them know there are lots of folks here who called her friend and will miss her terribly.

Marie who loves kitties
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member

Such very sad news
    Dear Craig,

Thank you for letting us know, even though it is news we didn't want to get.

While I never got to meet her, everything you said shone thru in her postings.

I know she never ever let cancer get in her way of living life and making plans for the future.

God has called another angel home.

If you talk with the family again, please let them know there are lots of folks here who called her friend and will miss her terribly.

Marie who loves kitties

I Will, Marie
    I'll tell them to come and view the post so they can read the responses and draw comfort from the lives that she touched.

-c
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    I am so sad and so sorry.
    I am so sad and so sorry. She was such a bright and joyful light
  • christinecarl
    christinecarl Member Posts: 543 Member
    RIP
    Oh no Craig, thank you for sharing this news. Getting to close can be a double edged sword, but you touched her life just as she touched yours, that is worth any pain. But I am sorry for you and her family. It is hard not to feel such anger towards cancer at times like this.

We will miss you Jennie, please say hello to my mom :(
  • Varmint5
    Varmint5 Member Posts: 384 Member
    I am so, so sorry...
    I was so afraid of this. I've been thinking of Jennie every day and worrying that this was the news we would get. Such a trouper and delightful person... I am so sorry. A great loss.

Sandy
  • z
    z Member Posts: 1,414 Member
    Jennie
    Craig, Thank you for letting us know, this makes me so sad, I thought she would make it. Lori
  • son of hal
    son of hal Member Posts: 117
    Wow, there are no words.
    Wow, there are no words. Very sorry for the family's loss as well as this community. Jennie was a treasure on here and will be forever missed. Why is it still such a shock when we hear this type of news. No matter how many dear people on here pass I keep thinking there are more people who beat it than not. But I think I need reassurance... This is truly saddening.
  • ellamenno
    ellamenno Member Posts: 142 Member
    z said:

Jennie
    Craig, Thank you for letting us know, this makes me so sad, I thought she would make it. Lori

I will miss Jennie
    not only for who she was; but for who she was to all the people who loved her.

My heart is broken. Rest in peace dear, sweet Jennie...
  • lesvanb
    lesvanb Member Posts: 905
    Ver sad to read this news about Jennie
    and very grateful that you let us know Craig. There's been several folks I've met face to face from the board, and now cherish my memories of them. Jennie is now one of them. I have her picture on my fridge after we took the ride on the ferris wheel at CP-9 in Chicago . Had a good time that afternoon in her company. Damn, this is hard losing friends this way.

Love and blessings to all here and to her family. She will be missed.

Leslie
  • LILSOPHIEMOM
    LILSOPHIEMOM Member Posts: 5
    z said:

Jennie

JENNIE
    I will never understand how this cancer crap works,my mother diagnosed 6 years ago stage III rectal tumor, never did ANYTHING after original surgery and is still here, not doing real well at the moment with brain and lung mets, but still here at 79,now Jennie who fought so hard is gone, makes me angry at the unfairness of this disease and I guess just life in general
  • wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
    Sundanceh said:

I Will, Marie
    I'll tell them to come and view the post so they can read the responses and draw comfort from the lives that she touched.

-c

Oh, Craig
    I just finished a reply to Beth before I saw your post. In it, we mentioned Jennie. She had plans to meet up with Jennie, as did you and JBG.

This has made me so very sad. I also had a bad feeling when she didn't respond to us.

Although we never met in person, she was a warm, caring, funny lady. She and Winter and I called ourselves the ditzy blondes. I will miss her so. She told it like it is.

To her family, please know she made my day a little brighter when she spoke. Just to see her kindness, courage, and determination. I will never forget her.

Another bright star is shining up there. Just look for the one with the a$$ kickin' boots on.

Luv,

Wolfen
  • abackhou
    abackhou Member Posts: 77 Member
    Lovely Lady
    I am upset over this news of a lovely lady passing on, who's posts were always kind and considerate to others here on CSN. We never met but I will miss her. Best wishes to her family…

Andrew
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    soar in peace in the clouds
    soar in peace in the clouds jennie

Dear Jennie,

I will miss your cheeky smile, you gave so much to all of us.

Hugs,
    Pete

Ps Craig thanks for letting us know. You are a great Friend and your post a tribute.

It's bittersweet to remember and honour our friends in death and life, but it's what we do here.
  • lizdeli
    lizdeli Member Posts: 569 Member

Dear Jennie,

Hugs,
    Pete

Ps Craig thanks for letting us know. You are a great Friend and your post a tribute.

It's bittersweet to remember and honour our friends in death and life, but it's what we do here.

Jennie
    Another angel in heaven.

I'm so very sorry.
    Liz
  • thingy45
    thingy45 Member Posts: 632 Member

Dear Jennie,

Hugs,
    Pete

shocked
    Our sweet Jennie (idlehunter). Thanks Craig for the lovely tribute.
    We will miss her posts and lovely smile.
    I just come back from 2 funerals and one memorial. I finally put the ashes of my husband to rest. Still emotional even after 5 years since his death.
    I did not expect to hear this news about Jennie.
    Rest Jennie and smile down to us, another star in the universe for me to look up to at night.
  • plh4gail
    plh4gail Member Posts: 1,238 Member
    Another bright light will
    Another bright light will shine in the starry night sky......

I too will miss our Jennie
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    I cant stop crying
    Craig,

WHY WHY WHY, I dont get it...I was just jumping up and down looking at my cowboy tickets and thinking about all of us getting together next Friday (my birthday). Donna died on my birthday 2 years ago this week. I am so F'ing MAD...its not fair....She was such a wonderful woman, person, a great mom....and the best friend ever....I love her so much....

Jennie, my friend, I MISS YOU, I DONT WANT YOU TO BE GONE....I dont know what happened, you sounded fine the last time we talked, were you not telling me everything..you were always so upbeat and positive...God truly has an angel by his side now...I love you

Beth
  • karen40
    karen40 Member Posts: 211 Member
    Too Sad
    She will be missed. My condolences to her family and friends. Tears falling. Be at peace, Jennie, be at peace.
    Karen