Hi Everyone.

smalldoggroomer
smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
First I want to thank Jean for helping me with updates. I just couldn't do it these past few weeks. And I am sorry that I haven't been posting as much as I use to. But I want you all to know that I think of all of you and pray for each of you every day. This site and the ladies on it have saved my life. I also want to thank Toni, She has been a true friend.
I have had two chemos now and am finally starting to feel alittle better. I have been oxygen dependent and still am. But I have been able to turn it down from 5 litters to 4.5. I know that don't sound like much but it is to me. There have been a couple of trips to the ER because I couldn't breath. I am on Herceptin, Taxotere weekly and every third week they add Carboplatin. And when the new drug Perjeta is approved for me It will replace carboplatin. Not sure if it will be weekly or not. My first week of chemo and at my worst breathing wise. I caught the stomach flu. I can't explain how sick I was. I really thought I was a goner. I literally could not get to the bath room alone. I thank God every day for my Husband and sister. My husband has taken care of me without complaint. All he ever ask is what can I do for you. I have learned though that I should have been getting ct scans every three months for two years. And I should have had a pet scan or two and never had any until I started with my new Dr. I will post as I can and keep you all updated. And know that I am reading all your post and praying for all of you ever day. Jean I just got your card in the mail You are a Angel. Thank you so much. Love to all Take care Kay

Comments

• LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    XOXO
    Hi sweet Kay! Glad to see see you here again. I'm so very sorry you have been having some difficult times (UGH!!). I pray your days ahead are better for you. We all know how difficult these treatments can get sometimes, but I really hope, from my heart, you have no issues moving forward.

Please don't be too hard on yourself in regards to scans. Yes, we want them for peace of mind, but they don't always necessarily catch things and sometimes you get one done today, it's clear, and the next week something else happens. I never had a full body scan and I think about it (often). I also think Doctors are confident some people don't need one and that's also a good thing. I just don't want you to be too hard on yourself Kay. I'm glad you're taking care of yourself and that there is a plan in place for you.

We're sending prayers your way, always. And thank you for your prayers! We need them.

Sending you hugs.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    I've been praying for you
    I've been praying for you Kay and will continue! Thanks for the update and a big thanks to Jean too for her keeping us informed of how you are.

Hugs, Angie
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hi there friend,
    I am so happy to see you here. Keep fighting.

xoxo,
    Jean
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    So Happy To See You Posting...
    Kay,

I am happy to see you posting. May the days ahead bring you only better and better responses with the drugs while the dependency on oxygen continue to diminished.

Hoping "Perjeta" will quickly be approved.

Sounds like you have a gem for a husband. Sending good positive thoughts your way,

Best,

Doris
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    SIROD said:

So Happy To See You Posting...
    Kay,

I am happy to see you posting. May the days ahead bring you only better and better responses with the drugs while the dependency on oxygen continue to diminished.

Hoping "Perjeta" will quickly be approved.

Sounds like you have a gem for a husband. Sending good positive thoughts your way,

Best,

Doris

Hi Kay
    I am glad seeing you here. Any improvement sound as a victory
    Sending positive thoughts and hugs
    New Flower
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Jean 0609 said:

Hi there friend,
    I am so happy to see you here. Keep fighting.

xoxo,
    Jean

So good to see you posting
    So good to see you posting Kay. I just responded to the one that Jean started for you. Like Jean wrote, you keep on fighting! And, I will keep on praying for you!

Hugs, Lex
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668

Hi Kay
    New Flower

Hi Kay
    Im so glad to see your post. I'm praying for you and hoping that you feel better with each day.

Lots of hugs,

Dawne
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member

Hi Kay
    New Flower

Thanks Kay for posting.
    Thanks Kay for posting. Wishing you all the best and praying for you sister!

Hugs, Noel
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    I'm also happy to see you're
    I'm also happy to see you're feeling well enough to post!! That sounds like good progress...and especially happy that your hubby and sister are there for you. Less oxigen!!! Yippeeee!!! I'm also glad to hear that you'll get the perjeta, it's done really well in clinical trials for IBC.

I've been thinking about you daily since you found out about the mets...and will continue to do so.

Hugs,

Linda
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Giant hugs and miles of love
    Giant hugs and miles of love to you Kay :-) Keep right on a trucking' dear sister, I'm in the truck with you:) and everyone else as well.
    Kari
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

I'm also happy to see you're
    I'm also happy to see you're feeling well enough to post!! That sounds like good progress...and especially happy that your hubby and sister are there for you. Less oxigen!!! Yippeeee!!! I'm also glad to hear that you'll get the perjeta, it's done really well in clinical trials for IBC.

I've been thinking about you daily since you found out about the mets...and will continue to do so.

Hugs,

Linda

Glad you felt up to posting
    Glad you felt up to posting Kay. Lots of hugs, prayers and encouragement!
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member

Giant hugs and miles of love to you Kay :-) Keep right on a trucking' dear sister, I'm in the truck with you:) and everyone else as well.
    Kari

Praying you get better
    Praying you get better everyday.You have a couple of very caring people watching over you to make sure you get through this.

Reading that you should've had tests all that time is upsetting. I would be upset but you have no time for that.Put your energy in getting better.We're all thinking of you!!!!!

Thoughts and Prays to you and those who are looking after you.Glad you found a new doctor.

Lynn Smith
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808

Praying you get better
    Praying you get better everyday.You have a couple of very caring people watching over you to make sure you get through this.

Reading that you should've had tests all that time is upsetting. I would be upset but you have no time for that.Put your energy in getting better.We're all thinking of you!!!!!

Thoughts and Prays to you and those who are looking after you.Glad you found a new doctor.

Lynn Smith

Dear Kay, I'm sorry that you
    Dear Kay, I'm sorry that you have been going thru so much. You are one dear darling woman and always have an encouraging word for everyone. Take care, get better. You're in my prayers.
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member

Praying you get better

Lynn Smith

Aw Kay, you just take care
    Aw Kay, you just take care and know that you are in my prayers. Jean has been keeping us updated and I thank her again for that. Prayers and positive thoughts!
  • Pinky68
    Pinky68 Member Posts: 206 Member
    Kristin N said:

Aw Kay, you just take care
    Aw Kay, you just take care and know that you are in my prayers. Jean has been keeping us updated and I thank her again for that. Prayers and positive thoughts!

Kay
    So sorry you got the stomache flu, sounds horrible, but you sound very strong and got through it......thanks for the update.
    Prayers,
    Joyce
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Pinky68 said:

Kay
    So sorry you got the stomache flu, sounds horrible, but you sound very strong and got through it......thanks for the update.
    Prayers,
    Joyce

How are you feeling Kay?
    How are you feeling Kay? Please let us know when you are feeling like coming online.

Gentle hugs, Diane
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member

Kari

Praying and hoping you are
    Praying and hoping you are doing better by now Kay!