It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!!! Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?

VickiSam
VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
edited August 2012 in Breast Cancer #1
Yes, Vicki Sam the former Mrs. Peyton Manning is getting her groove back -- enjoying
all preseason games (Thank You Direct TV for my NFL Ticket)...

I arrived home from vacation several days ago, and found that I had 12 preseason games
awaiting the click of my remote control .. oh, the JOY and Happiness I felt!

I do get excited about spending time with my friends, vacations with my BFF from Australia (just returned from Las Vegas - 116 degrees), shopping at William Sonoma -- family time
.. but, Football has such a special place in my heart and soul that at times
I have be guilty, and rearranged my life, outings, and family around Football kick
off times. So I am happy to had found a happy solution.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my NFL Football ...Any other avid Football fans out there???

Vicki Sam

Comments

• jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Football Fan Here
    I am actually more of a football fan than my husband if you can believe it. I developed a crush on Joe Namath when I was about 12 years old and have been a football fan ever since. I even chose my college (University of Michigan - go Blue) and my law school (University of Miami - go 'Canes) based on the possibilities that I could go watch some games. I have lived in the San Francisco Bay Area for 30 years and am a '49ers fan. Candlestick Park leaves something to be desired but the 49ers are top notch - for now. I too am looking forward to the upcoming season.

IRENE
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    We love it too!

We love it too!
  • Melaniedoingwell
    Melaniedoingwell Member Posts: 80
    NFL NFL NFL NFL!!
    When I married I realized my husband LOVES his Cowboys and that meant I had better find a way to at least "tolerate" football, which I had zero interest in at the time. So I started watching with him for "entertainment" value -- you know; "Hey! That was funny! That guy just tumbled like he was a gymnast!" or "That's hilarious, it looks like a keystone cops move!" Through the process I really learned to enjoy football and learned about the game - although I will still tell my husband to only answer the question I ask (okay, that is something we ALL need to ask our husbands at ALL times!!) so as not to ruin a perfectly good game for me. I am now a bigger NFL fan than my husband is and have several teams that I call 'my' team!
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

NFL NFL NFL NFL!!
    When I married I realized my husband LOVES his Cowboys and that meant I had better find a way to at least "tolerate" football, which I had zero interest in at the time. So I started watching with him for "entertainment" value -- you know; "Hey! That was funny! That guy just tumbled like he was a gymnast!" or "That's hilarious, it looks like a keystone cops move!" Through the process I really learned to enjoy football and learned about the game - although I will still tell my husband to only answer the question I ask (okay, that is something we ALL need to ask our husbands at ALL times!!) so as not to ruin a perfectly good game for me. I am now a bigger NFL fan than my husband is and have several teams that I call 'my' team!

Oh yeah, Vicki Sam
    I am so ready for some football. Vicki--I think you and I were both calling ourselves Mrs. Clay Matthews last year! And, Irene--Joe Namath was MY first crush too--I grew up in NY, so to me he was MY Joe Namath!

Can't wait!

Hugs, Renee
  • weazer
    weazer Member Posts: 440
    missrenee said:

Oh yeah, Vicki Sam
    I am so ready for some football. Vicki--I think you and I were both calling ourselves Mrs. Clay Matthews last year! And, Irene--Joe Namath was MY first crush too--I grew up in NY, so to me he was MY Joe Namath!

Can't wait!

Hugs, Renee

GO BRONCOS
    I LOVE football, My family always make a Big spread of our favorite Football goodies.
    Lots of family and friends get together and Have the Best time.
    I love this time of year, thank goodness the temps here in colorado are starting to get cooler!
    It has been one HOT summer....I cant handle the heat at all.
    GO BRONCOS:-}

Karie
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Well....actually I'm not a
    Well....actually I'm not a fan of football and neither is my husband. BUT, my son decided to play for his high school this summer. It has been quite the commitment for us...twice a day practices with the campus a 20 minute drive...parent meetings...coach can't commit to a time schedule...fundraising...100+ temps...etc.

I am really proud of him tho. The school he attends has a strong academic reputation, and not an athletic reputation. Because of the number of students at the school, they play in a division where they are not expected to win many games. But he has remained committed and dedicated even though he faces 12-15 hour days until football season is over. They have their first scrimmage tomorrow (I'm looking forward to watching) and their first game in a couple of weeks.

BTW he's a defensive end.

Hugs,

Linda
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member

Well....actually I'm not a
    Well....actually I'm not a fan of football and neither is my husband. BUT, my son decided to play for his high school this summer. It has been quite the commitment for us...twice a day practices with the campus a 20 minute drive...parent meetings...coach can't commit to a time schedule...fundraising...100+ temps...etc.

I am really proud of him tho. The school he attends has a strong academic reputation, and not an athletic reputation. Because of the number of students at the school, they play in a division where they are not expected to win many games. But he has remained committed and dedicated even though he faces 12-15 hour days until football season is over. They have their first scrimmage tomorrow (I'm looking forward to watching) and their first game in a couple of weeks.

BTW he's a defensive end.

Hugs,

Linda

I dated a football player
    I dated a football player for 3 years in High School.Never understood the sport.Boyfriend explained it to me.Years later 2 of my my sons played and I went to the games.Still not interested.Husband likes football but not me.He can watch it anytime he wants.I'm usually in another room.

I like baseball though.

Lynn Smith
  • VickiSam

I dated a football player
    I dated a football player for 3 years in High School.Never understood the sport.Boyfriend explained it to me.Years later 2 of my my sons played and I went to the games.Still not interested.Husband likes football but not me.He can watch it anytime he wants.I'm usually in another room.

I like baseball though.

Lynn Smith

... its Mrs. Clay Matthews here ...
    football at first glance appears to be grown males dressed up in tight butt hugging
    uniforms -- pushing, shoving, and throwing an odd shaped ball - original made out
    of pig bladders (yes!). But, there is a mental, as well as physical component
    to this sport -- which is what I LOVE. Very analytical -- There is no football pass, or positioning of a player that has not been evaluated by a many coaches, or hours
    of research.

Football is like a game of 'battleship'.

Vicki Sam
  • Pinky68
    Pinky68 Member Posts: 206 Member
    VickiSam said:

... its Mrs. Clay Matthews here ...
    football at first glance appears to be grown males dressed up in tight butt hugging
    uniforms -- pushing, shoving, and throwing an odd shaped ball - original made out
    of pig bladders (yes!). But, there is a mental, as well as physical component
    to this sport -- which is what I LOVE. Very analytical -- There is no football pass, or positioning of a player that has not been evaluated by a many coaches, or hours
    of research.

Football is like a game of 'battleship'.

Vicki Sam

Raiders fan
    I'm a Raiders fan by marriage..My husband invaded the living room with silver and black!
    I enjoy the season simply because I love seeing my husband soooo happy!!
    Joyce
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Go Broncos and Go Bears, yes
    Go Broncos and Go Bears, yes I like them both:)
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941

Go Broncos and Go Bears, yes
    Go Broncos and Go Bears, yes I like them both:)

Aha VickiSam is at it
    Aha VickiSam is at it again!! I can already see you with that football T and black smudge under your eyes. I was a Cleveland Browns fan many moons ago because I was born and raised in Cleveland. I was hoping Green Bay to make it to the super bowl last season, but oh well.

Now gals I met Mr. Namath in my young 20's when he was the hottest item out. One of my coworkers went out on a date with him and she said his ego was much larger than his football ability. Steve Hutchinson who was recently traded to the Titans from the Vikings went to high school with my sons. He has a beautiful family and married his high school sweetheart who is still adorable. He is a humble, big guy, very respectful who plays the guitar and loves country music. That's about all I have on football today. Not sure which team I'm in love with this year, it could be Green Bay and of course I'll cheer the Titans on.
  • VickiSam
    natly15 said:

Aha VickiSam is at it
    Aha VickiSam is at it again!! I can already see you with that football T and black smudge under your eyes. I was a Cleveland Browns fan many moons ago because I was born and raised in Cleveland. I was hoping Green Bay to make it to the super bowl last season, but oh well.

Now gals I met Mr. Namath in my young 20's when he was the hottest item out. One of my coworkers went out on a date with him and she said his ego was much larger than his football ability. Steve Hutchinson who was recently traded to the Titans from the Vikings went to high school with my sons. He has a beautiful family and married his high school sweetheart who is still adorable. He is a humble, big guy, very respectful who plays the guitar and loves country music. That's about all I have on football today. Not sure which team I'm in love with this year, it could be Green Bay and of course I'll cheer the Titans on.

Yes .. you ladies must imagine me sitting
    in my family room -- black smudge under my eyes -- football Tee, chugging down a
    6 pack of budweister, coors or miller lite -- LOL. Actually, all is true with one
    exception .. I am sipping on an appletini, or wine spritzer! Coffee is my liquid of
    choice if the game is on before noon.

Steve Hutchinson, and Mr. Joe Namath .. You are football royalty in my book, Miss Sandy!
    Wonderful to hear when a home town boy does well, and stays true to his values!!!

Vicki Sam