VATS done Thursday - still in hospital recovering

YoVita
YoVita Member Posts: 590 Member
Glad that's done. Just waiting for biopsy results to find out what the nodule was - lung or metastized crc or ? I want to thank those of you who responded to my initial questions, anxiety. The experience wasn't as bad as I was imagining. Thanks to all. Now to the next step. Cheers and best of health to all!

Comments

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    HI
    Glad that you are done with that and recovering.

Best wishes for good news on the biopsy.

Take care and please keep us posted on how you are doing.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member

HI
    Glad that you are done with that and recovering.

Best wishes for good news on the biopsy.

Take care and please keep us posted on how you are doing.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties

I bet you are happy to have
    I bet you are happy to have that done and have that out!!! Take care of yourself, best wishes on your recovery from this procedure. Hoping for good news from the biopsy too.
  • janie1
    janie1 Member Posts: 753 Member
    smokeyjoe said:

I bet you are happy to have
    I bet you are happy to have that done and have that out!!! Take care of yourself, best wishes on your recovery from this procedure. Hoping for good news from the biopsy too.

Glad you have that behind
    Glad you have that behind you. Rest well :)
    Keep us updated.
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    janie1 said:

Glad you have that behind
    Glad you have that behind you. Rest well :)
    Keep us updated.

Hi YoVita, special prayers for you tomorrow at mass.
    Hugs dear friend!
  • steveandnat
    steveandnat Member Posts: 886
    glad to hear
    That is good news that everything went well. Pray all news is good news. Jeff
  • YoVita
    YoVita Member Posts: 590 Member

glad to hear

so hospitalized Thursday through Saturday. I always leave hospitals earlier than surgeons want. Luckily surgeon could do VATS. Recovery not so bad. Had epidural while in hospital with button to push for more as needed. Given Hydrocodone post-release for any additional pain. I've only had to take it at night. Pain not so bad. Doing breathing exercises religiously - I'm very compliant that way. It is difficult to sleep - finding right position without waking up - but I know that will improve. Still waiting for biopsy results and next step. Will let you all know. Once again, thanks to all who held my hand through this. And to those who might have VATS in the future - it's very manageable. Best in health to you.
  • Vickilg
    Vickilg Member Posts: 281 Member

glad to hear

So happy for you!
    So glad this part is over. Enjoy them catering to you at the hospital. Big hug.

Vicki
  • Momof2plusteentwins
    Momof2plusteentwins Member Posts: 509 Member
    YoVita said:

so hospitalized Thursday through Saturday. I always leave hospitals earlier than surgeons want. Luckily surgeon could do VATS. Recovery not so bad. Had epidural while in hospital with button to push for more as needed. Given Hydrocodone post-release for any additional pain. I've only had to take it at night. Pain not so bad. Doing breathing exercises religiously - I'm very compliant that way. It is difficult to sleep - finding right position without waking up - but I know that will improve. Still waiting for biopsy results and next step. Will let you all know. Once again, thanks to all who held my hand through this. And to those who might have VATS in the future - it's very manageable. Best in health to you.

Glad you are out of hospital
    It's so much easier to recover at home. Hope you are feeling better. Hoping for great results on biopsy.
    Sandy :)