AngieD...how's your skin holding up?

Gabe N Abby Mom
Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
I hope you're still only a little pink...or better no color at all.

Hugs,

Linda

Comments

• AngieD
    AngieD Member Posts: 493
    Thanks for asking, Linda,
    Thanks for asking, Linda, with all you have going on. You were my inspiration--also getting pink from the beginning but not getting worse. That's pretty much how it has gone for me. I get pink in the afternoon and evenings, but color is mostly gone by morning. I'm following the RO's advice and just using pure Aloe Vera, cold cloths, and Ibuprofen. Last week they added a boost one day each week to get me finished sooner. So,I've had two days of whole breast rads in the morning and boost in the afternoon. So far, so good.
    I'm anxiously waiting the hear your scan results as I'm sure you are. Congratulations on finishing the brain rads!!
    Angie
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    AngieD said:

Thanks for asking, Linda,
    Thanks for asking, Linda, with all you have going on. You were my inspiration--also getting pink from the beginning but not getting worse. That's pretty much how it has gone for me. I get pink in the afternoon and evenings, but color is mostly gone by morning. I'm following the RO's advice and just using pure Aloe Vera, cold cloths, and Ibuprofen. Last week they added a boost one day each week to get me finished sooner. So,I've had two days of whole breast rads in the morning and boost in the afternoon. So far, so good.
    I'm anxiously waiting the hear your scan results as I'm sure you are. Congratulations on finishing the brain rads!!
    Angie

That's exactly what my skin
    That's exactly what my skin did, pink after treatments and no color in the morning. My rads schedule was 2x a day 5 days a week, they had to be 6 hours apart, for 22 days...a total of 44 treatments. They did save all my boosters till the last week tho. I totally get how difficult that twice a day trip is...sending you all my best.

Hugs,

Linda