New Flower... How are you doing?

Bella Luna
Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
Let us know how you are doing. You have been on my mind. I know you have been busy with life, but please drop a line and let us know how you are doing. I hear you received a little something in the mail as well. Those Pink Angels are truly ambassadors of good will.

Big hugs to you Dear One.
Love,
Ines

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Very tired in a good spirit
    Ines,
    Thank you for asking. I am doing ok , however very tired. I finished my third cycle of oral chemo pills Xeloda. My regiment is one week on one week off. Tomorrow will be my first day of Chemo going to lymphedema therapist at 8am. So far I have been working full time. It is hard, however mentally much easier, keep my mind away from cancer. It has been very hot in Los Angeles, as you know heat is not helping.
    Thank you everyone for support, cards and gifts. Your support means a lot. Sorry, I am behind on my Thank you notes. I got a text message from Claudia, she is continuing with IV Chemo.
    Hugs
    Olga
  • Pinky68
    Pinky68 Member Posts: 206 Member

Very tired in a good spirit
    Ines,
    Thank you for asking. I am doing ok , however very tired. I finished my third cycle of oral chemo pills Xeloda. My regiment is one week on one week off. Tomorrow will be my first day of Chemo going to lymphedema therapist at 8am. So far I have been working full time. It is hard, however mentally much easier, keep my mind away from cancer. It has been very hot in Los Angeles, as you know heat is not helping.
    Thank you everyone for support, cards and gifts. Your support means a lot. Sorry, I am behind on my Thank you notes. I got a text message from Claudia, she is continuing with IV Chemo.
    Hugs
    Olga

New Flower,
    your ct was clear for blood clots and clear lungs? What is the plan of action for the liasons in ribs?
    Thinking and praying for you also, sorry you are so tired...I know the heat does not help at all....

You are very strong to continue working full time..

Stay cool,
    hugs Joyce
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Pinky68 said:

New Flower,
    your ct was clear for blood clots and clear lungs? What is the plan of action for the liasons in ribs?
    Thinking and praying for you also, sorry you are so tired...I know the heat does not help at all....

You are very strong to continue working full time..

Stay cool,
    hugs Joyce

Olga, My beloved Friend ...
    I have been on vacation .. but, you are never far in my heart and on my
    mind. My prayers are with you -- ALWAYS!

Keep up the Faith, as well as continued success in your Fight.

Strength, Courage and HOPE for a Cure.

Vicki Sam
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Thinking of you too!!
    Thinking of you too!! Wondering how the xeloda is going, I took it for 5 or 6 months, I do believe it slowed my cancer but didn't stop it, however; I've heard some good things about the drug and it was great to keep my hair while taking it. It's super expensive and I have a bottle that I just can't bring myself to throw away, it's in the thousands. I called it my 5000 dollar laxative lol. Diarrhea was my worst side effect. Hand and foot syndrome was pretty rough too, but as long as I kept them out of water I was ok.
    Miles of Love my dear friend,
    Kari
  • mom62
    mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
    Olga
    Hi Olga,

I've been thinking of you as well. Thank you for updating us on your treatment. You were the first person ever to reach out to me on these boards. I pray for you every night and hope your treatment goes well. You are a very strong woman and only deserve the best. Keep us posted on your treatment. Glad work is keeping your mind off things. Thinking of you!

((hugs))
    Terry
  • mom62
    Olga
    Hi Olga,

I've been thinking of you as well. Thank you for updating us on your treatment. You were the first person ever to reach out to me on these boards. I pray for you every night and hope your treatment goes well. You are a very strong woman and only deserve the best. Keep us posted on your treatment. Glad work is keeping your mind off things. Thinking of you!

((hugs))
    Terry
  • mom62
    Sorry
    Double Post...sorry
  • New Flower
    mom62 said:

Sorry
    Double Post...sorry

Thank you all
    I am so glad it is Friday, really tited. So hot in LA heat is not helping.
    I will post tomorrow.
    Love you
    Olga
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member

Thank you all
    I will post tomorrow.
    Love you
    Olga

looking foward to hearing from you
    Olga you have been quiet lately. I am hoping you put your
    Super woman cape on and are defying gravity. I loved that
    Image of you.
    Love
    Ayse
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member

Thank you all
    I will post tomorrow.
    Love you
    Olga

Image of you.
    Love
    Ayse
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    aysemari said:

Image of you.
    Love
    Ayse

I had 5fu IV the first time,
    I had 5fu IV the first time, we called it five f#@k you. I hope I dont get in trouble for that. I think of you every day.
  • New Flower
    carkris said:

I had 5fu IV the first time,
    I had 5fu IV the first time, we called it five f#@k you. I hope I dont get in trouble for that. I think of you every day.

You made me laugh
     As I get more of it, no doubts I will call it five F#@k for you. I am already in troubles, so what? .Penny, you made me laugh, now every time when I take this pill I will smile and think of you too. Somehow I fill it has been working. Fingers crossed it does.
  • New Flower
    aysemari said:

Image of you.
    Love
    Ayse

Part 1. Treatment plan
    If you did not follow or have been on a FBI assignment traveling accroos the coutry and missed my news , cancer has progressed to my bones and  i was diagnosed with stage IV in June, exactly 4 years after my primary diagnosis.
    After several tests and procedures the treatment strategy was developed. While my cancer is estrogen positive (90%) it has not been responding to anti-estrogen therapy and is currently treated as triple negative  TNBC. I have started  oral pill Xeloda (5-FU) on July 4and Xgeva shots for bones in June. I am taking 3 pills twice a day - total 6 pink very cute, easy to swallow pills. I like that Chemo treatments happens at home, feels like an another pill, however by day 6 it is very hard to administrate Chemo to yourself even Xeloda pills look very innocent and cute. I hope that future of cancer treatment at other stages is oral forms too.

I am very thankful to KARI, LINDA and NANCY, who undergone Xeloda treatment before me, have shared their experiences, making me confident that I could do it.  AngiD I drink a lot of water and thinking about you and your husband too.
    Side effects so far lost all eye lashes, eye irritation, constipation, muscles spasms. Those uncontrolled muscles cramps and contractions 10 days ago made scarry everyone, including myself. We did emergency CT scan,  which confirmed tha in fact it was a muscle spasmand we moved on by adding muscle relaxer pill to my extended menu. Lymphedema of course does not like any medications and Xeloda too, started seeing my therapist again.
    Going forward strategy? Blood test on Monday, continue Xeloda and Xgeva until CT/PET in beginning of October. If NED  is not coming back, we will change medication and move on.
    I am not sure about Super woman, however it made me laugh

Thank you again everyone for you kind words and support. Sorry if I missed your Birthday, doctor sappointment, or celebration of dancing with NED.
    I am pretty good in boarding the bus, however usually quietly sitting in thr corner, so you have not noticed me, just because I am in an energy saving mode or at my own appointment.

Part 2. State of mind probably tomorrow
    Love you all
    Olga

• lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570

You made me laugh
     As I get more of it, no doubts I will call it five F#@k for you. I am already in troubles, so what? .Penny, you made me laugh, now every time when I take this pill I will smile and think of you too. Somehow I fill it has been working. Fingers crossed it does.

Everything crossed,
    Everything crossed, including ears (which was a tough one)that five F#@k works its butt off for you! xoxoxo Lynn
  • New Flower
    lynn1950 said:

Everything crossed,
    Everything crossed, including ears (which was a tough one)that five F#@k works its butt off for you! xoxoxo Lynn

Part 2. Reflection and update
    My dear friends

Today is two months since I have been back to a professional boxing ring.
    Well ...
    if you ever have been there, in that cold, dark and lonely place, you probably remember and understand... if you have not ... I am not going to take you there, it is sucks
    Last two months have been the most difficult time in my life. my family and I have been trying to overcome the initial shock and keep a normal lifestyle, defining ourselves, and embrace reality.
    I saw my oncologist today. My CBC results are good, I have started my Cycle #4 of Xeloda. While I still have some bad days with pain, I am noticing improvement and very happy about it. My Tumor marker are stable, exactly the same as they were in May on the high end of normal range, therefore we do not know weather or not we are having response from Xeloda.
    My doctor thinks that I am doing well. She also gave a compliment on my positive attitude. The credit for it really belongs to my husband and YOU, my dear sisters and brothers, who have been helping me to get through, coaching on how to fight, laugh and cry, and make the best of a very awful situation still enjoying every moment.
    Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
    Hugs
    New Flower
  • New Flower

Part 2. Reflection and update
    My dear friends

Today is two months since I have been back to a professional boxing ring.
    Well ...
    if you ever have been there, in that cold, dark and lonely place, you probably remember and understand... if you have not ... I am not going to take you there, it is sucks
    Last two months have been the most difficult time in my life. my family and I have been trying to overcome the initial shock and keep a normal lifestyle, defining ourselves, and embrace reality.
    I saw my oncologist today. My CBC results are good, I have started my Cycle #4 of Xeloda. While I still have some bad days with pain, I am noticing improvement and very happy about it. My Tumor marker are stable, exactly the same as they were in May on the high end of normal range, therefore we do not know weather or not we are having response from Xeloda.
    My doctor thinks that I am doing well. She also gave a compliment on my positive attitude. The credit for it really belongs to my husband and YOU, my dear sisters and brothers, who have been helping me to get through, coaching on how to fight, laugh and cry, and make the best of a very awful situation still enjoying every moment.
    Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
    Hugs
    New Flower

I went to the pool yesterday
    Day 4 of Chemo. Hot and humid
    Went to poll for the first it e since bone biopcy
    It was fun