Inlyta (axitinib) roll call

pjune127
pjune127 Member Posts: 127
Who here has taken or is taking Inlyta? What were your prior treatments? What strength dose are you taking and how are the side effects?

I had taken Sutent for 10 months and everything in my lungs had disappeared or diminished. In late June, my scan showed that 2 nodules had started growing again. On July 5th I started taking Inlyta 5 mg/2 tabs per day. Side effects are minimal...fatigue seems to be the major side effect for me. Won't have another scan till next month.

Could really use some encouraging news...

Thanks.

Paula

Comments

• myboys2
    myboys2 Member Posts: 50
    Other Site
    I might suggest posing this question on another site, the ACOR site. Many at that location have been in the trials or are currently taking this drug. I read their posts and most say the SE's are minimal in comparison to Sutent.
  • Limelife50
    Limelife50 Member Posts: 476
    Hi June
    Try kidney-onc on your web search then you should find the ACOR web site then set up account,good luck
  • Limelife50
    Hi June
    i did do a quik web search on lnyta,i guess what i got from my web search and this had to do when the FDA approved this drug was that the biggest concearn about this drug was the potential for elavation of liver enzymes which left unchecked could become an issue.The upside of this drug is that overall the side effects are more tollerable than SUTENT.Then again and this me talking have you talked to your onc about entering a clinical trial and if not i know i mentioned this before but i still think HD-IL2 might be somthing to think about,i wish you the best June keep us posted
  • alice124
    alice124 Member Posts: 896 Member
    Inlyta
    Just wanted to see how you are feeling under Inlyta. Been thinking about you and hope the treatment is going well with no bad side effects. Let me know. If you'd like to respond privately, send me an email in the CSN email.

Soulnergy with you always,
  • foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    alice124 said:

Inlyta
    Just wanted to see how you are feeling under Inlyta. Been thinking about you and hope the treatment is going well with no bad side effects. Let me know. If you'd like to respond privately, send me an email in the CSN email.

Soulnergy with you always,

Paula
    As Alice says, I've been thinking of you also.I wish I knew something about Inlyta to offer. We will have to follow your lead. You are another pioneer. FLY.
  • pjune127
    foxhd said:

Paula
    As Alice says, I've been thinking of you also.I wish I knew something about Inlyta to offer. We will have to follow your lead. You are another pioneer. FLY.

2 1/2 weeks in
    I have been taking 5 mg of Inlyta twice a day for the last 16 days. The side effects are different from Sutent. The biggest one is fatigue. My energy level has dropped considerably. Also, I have had some light headedness, nothing unmanageable, but stlll a little disturbing. My reflux issues have gone away. My hands and feet are improved, but the soreness is not entirely gone.

I went for blood work yesterday and white, red, and platelets look fine. Got a B12 shot and do feel pretty good this morning. Getting ready to go on an amazing trip on Monday...a river cruise on the Danube. The trip has been planned since last year, and quite honestly I wasn't sure if I'd still be here....Hello Hungary, Austria, Germany and the Czech Republic. Screw you, cancer!

I am honored to help light the way on Inyta, as you, Fox, are my beacon of hope with MDX.

Much affection to all of you who are helping me on this journey.

Paula
  • garym
    garym Member Posts: 1,647
    pjune127 said:

2 1/2 weeks in
    I have been taking 5 mg of Inlyta twice a day for the last 16 days. The side effects are different from Sutent. The biggest one is fatigue. My energy level has dropped considerably. Also, I have had some light headedness, nothing unmanageable, but stlll a little disturbing. My reflux issues have gone away. My hands and feet are improved, but the soreness is not entirely gone.

I went for blood work yesterday and white, red, and platelets look fine. Got a B12 shot and do feel pretty good this morning. Getting ready to go on an amazing trip on Monday...a river cruise on the Danube. The trip has been planned since last year, and quite honestly I wasn't sure if I'd still be here....Hello Hungary, Austria, Germany and the Czech Republic. Screw you, cancer!

I am honored to help light the way on Inyta, as you, Fox, are my beacon of hope with MDX.

Paula

Trip...
    Hi Paula,

Good to hear you are managing the Inlyta well, I pray it kicks cancer's a$$ for you. Sounds like an amazing trip, enjoy yourself, YOU'VE EARNED IT!!

Gary
  • Limelife50
    pjune127 said:

2 1/2 weeks in

Paula

Hi Paula
    i am pulling for you Paula and i am glad your ses are minimal on this new drug you are on.
  • pjune127

Hi Paula
    i am pulling for you Paula and i am glad your ses are minimal on this new drug you are on.

I'm baaaack!
    Just returned from an incredible 2 week trip. We spent 8 days cruising up the Danube River and 5 days in Budapest and 3 days in Prague. It was a wonderful adventure. I felt well and kept up with everyone. Walked 5-10 miles every day. I was AMAZING!!! Now I am back in Atlanta and I don't know what day it is and what time it really is. Kind of fun! Seriously, the cancer did NOT slow me down I enjoyed everything! Went to the doctor today and he increased my Inlyta to 7 mg twice a day. We'll see how it does . Hope it really kicks some of cancer's butt. Will post pictures tomorrow . Our trip
    of a lifetime extravaganza!
  • Texas_wedge
    Texas_wedge Member Posts: 2,798
    pjune127 said:

I'm baaaack!
    Just returned from an incredible 2 week trip. We spent 8 days cruising up the Danube River and 5 days in Budapest and 3 days in Prague. It was a wonderful adventure. I felt well and kept up with everyone. Walked 5-10 miles every day. I was AMAZING!!! Now I am back in Atlanta and I don't know what day it is and what time it really is. Kind of fun! Seriously, the cancer did NOT slow me down I enjoyed everything! Went to the doctor today and he increased my Inlyta to 7 mg twice a day. We'll see how it does . Hope it really kicks some of cancer's butt. Will post pictures tomorrow . Our trip

Prague, Budapest, Danube
    Superb! A fine example to everyone of how to get on with life and have a great time. it seems as though the side-effects of axitinib can't be too bad if you could happily walk like that - gosh, it's like one or two rounds of golf each day!!
  • garym
    garym Member Posts: 1,647
    pjune127 said:

I'm baaaack!

Trip...
    Hi Paula,

That sounds spectacular!!! By not allowing cancer to run your life, your attitude and spirit set an example for us all, way to go. You are a fighter, a warrior, and RCC doesn't stand a chance!

Rock on,

Gary
  • foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    garym said:

Trip...
    Hi Paula,

That sounds spectacular!!! By not allowing cancer to run your life, your attitude and spirit set an example for us all, way to go. You are a fighter, a warrior, and RCC doesn't stand a chance!

Rock on,

Gary

life is for living
    Way to go Paula! Glad you are feeling good and had a wonderful trip. Keep it up!
  • alice124
    alice124 Member Posts: 896 Member
    pjune127 said:

I'm baaaack!

Welcome back Paula!
    That's remarkable Paula! Doesn't sound like fatigue is any longer an issue and you've become much stronger. Plus you have 2 weeks of wonderful memories to motivate you on to the next big trip.

I'm so happy you are tolerating the Inlyta so well. Keep kickin' and take no prisoners.

Would love to see pictures.