lighting a candle for all

fauxma
fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
I am lighting a candle for all and any who need it. There are so many sisters here that are dealing with such big issues. We have a sister facing hospice, many other with mets, many facing tests, surgery, chemo, rads. And of course all of us have faced cancer. Some, like me, are with NED but still there are fears of will it come back, etc. No one here is untouched by this disease. So my candle is my prayer for all that dwell in this house. My prayer is for all to have the strength to deal with whatever lies ahead, love to be showered upon all, courage to face the onslaught of treatments, surgery and tests, and peace for their hearts. I cannot conceive of some of the things that some are facing. Even though I have had multiple separate cancers, my journey has always felt remarkably easy. I was blessed to have each one found eary and to go through my treatments with relatively few side efftects. I, for reasons that I can't expplain, rarely ever worry about my cancers. My mantra is not to let my fear for tomorrow rob me of today and it works for me. I know that for many, many others, worry is just a part of having cancer and a natural reaction to this disease. We are each so individual and unique and how we react to diagnosis, treatment, and the after time is also individual and unique. That is why my candle is for all of us wherever we are in this journey. My heart goes out to each of you. I have learned so much from all of you about courage, love, support, caring, and love. All of you give great advise, information, hugs, prayers, and well, just everything that you can offer, often while dealing with huge issues with your own care. I cannot express how much I admire that. So again, for all of you my candle is lit and my prayers are being said. Loving peace and care to you all.
Stef

Comments

• missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Beautiful, Stef
    As one of the pink sisters not only with mets, but also in the heat of the battle once again, I thank you so much for this beautiful sentiment. Every night I ask God to help all of us and give us the peace that we so deserve.

Love and hugs, Renee
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    missrenee said:

Beautiful, Stef
    As one of the pink sisters not only with mets, but also in the heat of the battle once again, I thank you so much for this beautiful sentiment. Every night I ask God to help all of us and give us the peace that we so deserve.

Love and hugs, Renee

Thank you...
    Stef, thank you for your prayers....we need prayers more than anything....that what I tell people, when they ask what if I need anything...
    So many of us are dealing with the beast again and again....I'm on my third go round with it...

Again, thank you....what you wrote is beautiful....keep those prayers coming, please..
    Hugs,, Nancy
  • salls41
    salls41 Member Posts: 340
    Thank you
    Not enough words can thank you for that.
    {{{Hugs}}}
    Sandy
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    salls41 said:

Thank you
    Not enough words can thank you for that.
    {{{Hugs}}}
    Sandy

Stef ...
    Thank You for the posting ... it encompass our board and our Sisters
    in PINK - doing what they can to fight, and survive.

Vicki Sam
  • Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457
    My sentiments completely i
    My sentiments completely i am not good with words but you said what was also in my heart.
    Thank you Hugs Frankie
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    :-)
    Thank you Stef for you very thoughtful gesture!

Hugs,

RE
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    RE said:

:-)
    Thank you Stef for you very thoughtful gesture!

Hugs,

RE

Nancy--I like your response when people ask what they can do
    Prayers. I also tell them to please help fund breast cancer research with whatever they can afford. I don't want any more women going through this.

Hugs, Renee
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Well said Stef...and thank
    Well said Stef...and thank you.

Big hugs,

Linda
  • ksf56
    ksf56 Member Posts: 202
    Oh Stef!
    Thank you for a beautiful candle lighting! I couldn't have written it any better but I feel the same! You are a blessing!

I add my prayers to all of yours!
    Hugs!
    Karen
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    ksf56 said:

Oh Stef!
    Thank you for a beautiful candle lighting! I couldn't have written it any better but I feel the same! You are a blessing!

I add my prayers to all of yours!
    Hugs!
    Karen

... bumping up
    such an important post.. in my opinion.

Vicki Sam