Stomach cancer stage 4

Godheals
Godheals Member Posts: 6
Good morning,
I have been reading your posts, and are asking help for a very dear friend of mine in South Africa. He has been diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer in Jan 2012. He has undergone 7 chemo sessions. Are there stage 4 stomach cancer survivors that can give me any, any advise for him and his family, please? He has lost almost 30kg, his family is devastated. Any advice please. I am also trying to find out why is surgery not an option? The cancer has not spread to any of his organs - praise God!! We are praying and believing, please help. Blessings for all of you.

Comments

• PatientResource
    PatientResource Member Posts: 1
    Stomach Cancer Resource
    I am so sorry to hear of your friend's recent diagnosis and can tell that you are very concerned.

Can't Stomach Cancer offers many support services to patients and their families through our PREP Program. Upon receiving a stomach cancer diagnosis, patients, their families and caregivers can call our toll free hotline at (855) 475-1200 to speak to a live person to help understand the diagnosis, treatment options, clinical trials, research, and management of your disease. We can even set up an international conference call if you email us. All services are at no cost to patients. Also, contact can be made by email to Patient.Resource@CantStomachCancer.org.

Can't Stomach Cancer is a 501(c)(3) non-profit foundation dedicated to advancing funding for stomach cancer research, raising awareness about the disease, and providing education and support internationally to patients, families, and caregivers.
    Please contact me right away by telephone or email so that I may help you and your family with resources and other related stomach cancer information.

I wish you, your friend and their family all the best!
  • Godheals
    Godheals Member Posts: 6

Stomach Cancer Resource
    I am so sorry to hear of your friend's recent diagnosis and can tell that you are very concerned.

Can't Stomach Cancer offers many support services to patients and their families through our PREP Program. Upon receiving a stomach cancer diagnosis, patients, their families and caregivers can call our toll free hotline at (855) 475-1200 to speak to a live person to help understand the diagnosis, treatment options, clinical trials, research, and management of your disease. We can even set up an international conference call if you email us. All services are at no cost to patients. Also, contact can be made by email to Patient.Resource@CantStomachCancer.org.

Can't Stomach Cancer is a 501(c)(3) non-profit foundation dedicated to advancing funding for stomach cancer research, raising awareness about the disease, and providing education and support internationally to patients, families, and caregivers.
    Please contact me right away by telephone or email so that I may help you and your family with resources and other related stomach cancer information.

I wish you, your friend and their family all the best!

stomach cancer
    Thank you very much for your e-mail. He is from South-Africa, I will immediately send your information to his wife. Unfortunately the prognoses yesterday was even worse, looks like the cancer had spread to his lymph nodes. We believe God has the power to heal him from cancer, we have seen miracles, and are definitely praying for one. Only God knows if it is in His will to heal our friend.
    God bless
  • Coach B
    Coach B Member Posts: 18
    Godheals said:

stomach cancer
    Thank you very much for your e-mail. He is from South-Africa, I will immediately send your information to his wife. Unfortunately the prognoses yesterday was even worse, looks like the cancer had spread to his lymph nodes. We believe God has the power to heal him from cancer, we have seen miracles, and are definitely praying for one. Only God knows if it is in His will to heal our friend.
    God bless

similar to mmine..
    I have gastric cardia cancer and one of my lymph node in stomach is positove and first pet and second pet scan show i have glow my left illiacc lymph node n biipsy show positive n its distance metasyastis and i still don t know what yo do one dr said they will laprovideo my stomach area see how bad n if possible dosurgery removal lymph.node from.my left pelvic and take out most of lymph.nodes andthen.withon two weeks syart chemo.for two.months or two cucle i tji.k then recover then.pey scan if clear then will do surgery.on.my stomach... It s very tough decision for me as stage 4 ... Any suggestion..
  • Coach B
    Coach B Member Posts: 18
    Godheals said:

stomach cancer
    God bless

similar to mmine..
    I have gastric cardia cancer and one of my lymph node in stomach is positove and first pet and second pet scan show i have glow my left illiacc lymph node n biipsy show positive n its distance metasyastis and i still don t know what yo do one dr said they will laprovideo my stomach area see how bad n if possible dosurgery removal lymph.node from.my left pelvic and take out most of lymph.nodes andthen.withon two weeks syart chemo.for two.months or two cucle i tji.k then recover then.pey scan if clear then will do surgery.on.my stomach... It s very tough decision for me as stage 4 ... Any suggestion..