tamixofin = thirst and frequent urination?

wirak
wirak Member Posts: 26
I starated Tamixofin as well as Vitamin D supplements a week ago. Since then, I've been up nightly having to urinate at least hourly and extremely thirsty. Has anyone had experience with this? Is this a common effect of the Tamoxifin and/or Vitamin D? I've taken Advil PM to help me sleep in the past, but the teaching sheet says Dipenhydramine lessens the effects of the Tamoxifin, so I don't want to use that.

Comments

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Please have someone check
    Please have someone check your blood sugar as you are describing the classic symptoms of diabetes. I have not heard of tamoxifen causing your issues, but anything is possible. In the meantime, a simple blood sugar blood test is definitely in order! Keep us posted.
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    I am up 3-4-5 x each
    I am up 3-4-5 x each night...I have considered ADVIL PM but dont' want pain killer when I don't need it..I saw commerical other night for ZZZZZZZ quil (like night quill)

Anyhow I am starting my 5th yr next week on tamoxifen...I would say I am avg drinker-no different then prior to taking tamoxifen. I also take Vitamin D..

I know at one point I would take ALL my vitamins etc just before bed and MY heart was pounding (like I had ran a marathon) so MY oncologist suggested I take all my meds/pills long before bed and it did help!

Denise
  • Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457
    I am on Tamoxifen and have
    I am on Tamoxifen and have never had that problem.
    Hugs Frankie
  • wirak

Please have someone check
    Please have someone check your blood sugar as you are describing the classic symptoms of diabetes. I have not heard of tamoxifen causing your issues, but anything is possible. In the meantime, a simple blood sugar blood test is definitely in order! Keep us posted.

My onc ran regular blood
    My onc ran regular blood sugar tests while I was on Decadron because it elevated my blood sugar quite a bit. Once he took me off the Decadron, the levels dropped back to normal. Maybe the Tamixofin is doing the same thing as the Decadron. Guess that's on my list of never-ending questions for my onc.
  • wirak

I am up 3-4-5 x each
    I am up 3-4-5 x each night...I have considered ADVIL PM but dont' want pain killer when I don't need it..I saw commerical other night for ZZZZZZZ quil (like night quill)

Anyhow I am starting my 5th yr next week on tamoxifen...I would say I am avg drinker-no different then prior to taking tamoxifen. I also take Vitamin D..

I know at one point I would take ALL my vitamins etc just before bed and MY heart was pounding (like I had ran a marathon) so MY oncologist suggested I take all my meds/pills long before bed and it did help!

Denise

I take my vitamins in the
    I take my vitamins in the morning and my Tamoxifen at night. Maybe I should try them both in the morning and see if that makes a difference. This no sleep because I'm up all night is killing me.
  • Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457
    wirak said:

I take my vitamins in the
    I take my vitamins in the morning and my Tamoxifen at night. Maybe I should try them both in the morning and see if that makes a difference. This no sleep because I'm up all night is killing me.

I take my Tamoxifen in the
    I take my Tamoxifen in the morning.
    Hugs Frankie