Cancer number

We are new to this and I was wondering what your thoughts are. My husbands cancer number was 3600 when this started in June and last week they came back at 580. That is after 3 treatments of folfox. I know it is far from where we want to be but is this kind of a response a good sign so early on in this?

Comments

• Brenda Bricco
    Brenda Bricco Member Posts: 579 Member
    I would say that is a
    I would say that is a wonderful response! Keep doing what ever you are doing. ;)
    Brenda
  • danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    cancer #
    Not sure what number you are referring to, but a drop like that means somethink is working well. Good luck.
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    danker said:

cancer #
    Not sure what number you are referring to, but a drop like that means somethink is working well. Good luck.

CEA
    Believe she is talking about CEA. They usually or sometimes call it a number because in some people that is an indication that there is cancer, but doctors don't all rely on it because it is not a good marker for others. Great news on your husbands number, sounds like the treatment is working.

Kim
  • peterz54
    peterz54 Member Posts: 341
    CEA?
    I suppose you mean CEA..that's a good drop...make sure they keep checking at least every other treatment
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Great Drop
    Mine was over 2,000 something another, and mine dropped quite nicely after a couple of rounds and after several rounds in a few months I think it had gone down to 18 or so, then I was able to have the surgeries. His was higher, but it's dropping wonderfully, very happy for you both.
    Great, fantastic drop, here's to the dropping numbers!!!!!
    Winter Marie