periods

Monicalynn
Monicalynn Member Posts: 61
I stopped having my period after my first chemo in April, I had four infusions of taxotere and carboplatin which ended late June. I'm still waiting to see if my period comes back or not. Anyone have this happen to them? And if your period came back, how long did it take after chemo ends?

Comments

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Mine came back after about 6
    Mine came back after about 6 months. My sister's never came back. Both can be normal, depending on your age.
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member

Mine came back after about 6
    Mine came back after about 6 months. My sister's never came back. Both can be normal, depending on your age.

Hasn't yet
    Mine stopped after the first treatment of taxol and herceptin. Finished taxol the end of last year (1 more Herceptin left) and I still haven't had one. Dr. says I might start again and might not. Can't say I really miss it!

Hugs, Debi
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Hi Monica!
    I had my 1st infusion of Chemo at 45 and it stopped my period in it's tracks. Never had it again. It sent me to premature menopause.

I too was taking ths same meds.

I'm 7 years out now. I did have a total hyterectomy at around 48. That was due to my uterine lining showing signs of dysplasia.

Honestly, I didn't miss it one bit! ;)
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    I was 48 when originally
    I was 48 when originally dx'd and in peri-menopause. I haven't had one since...and frankly I'm happy to not have to deal with that mess.

Hugs,

Linda
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

I was 48 when originally
    I was 48 when originally dx'd and in peri-menopause. I haven't had one since...and frankly I'm happy to not have to deal with that mess.

Hugs,

Linda

I think it depends on how
    I think it depends on how old you are, the closer you are to menopause the less likely your period will return. dont miss it, except I have to take an antidepressant or I would be a screaming mimi. Both my daughters have theor periods right now, just feel bad for them. Dont miss it.
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Chemically induced
    I was chemically induced for menopause at age 44. It's been three years out and I still have not had a menstrual. I have had 2 spotting/bleeding episodes within the three years. My doctor reassured me that it is normal to have sporadic spotting when undergoing menopause.

Best of luck with your recovery.
  • jendrey
    jendrey Member Posts: 377

Chemically induced
    I was chemically induced for menopause at age 44. It's been three years out and I still have not had a menstrual. I have had 2 spotting/bleeding episodes within the three years. My doctor reassured me that it is normal to have sporadic spotting when undergoing menopause.

Best of luck with your recovery.

me too, chemically induced
    All my doc said was that I might miss a couple periods. Maybe.

This, after I told him the only reason for my even being there was because at my advanced age of 45 I wanted to get pregnant. Pursuant to this and because of my age I thought to start with a physical exam the result of which is how I ended up in his care.

What a waste of breath that turned out to be...he didn't offer any thoughts on preserving fertility. I stupidly believed him about missing a couple periods. So, now I'm in a chemically induced menopause.

Your mileage may vary. =)

(((Hugs)))