Have some concerns and just don't know how to address them

evelyn
evelyn Member Posts: 2
I had lump. with targeted intraoperative radiotherapy on 7-17-12. I am slowly recovering. Due to heart condition, I was unable to stop blood thinners. I have a hematoma in the tumor bed. It is very sore. I am so bruised and the area where the tumor was removed is still very swollen, bruised and very warm. I hate the thought of bothering the surgeon on a Friday night. I just really don't know if this is just part of the healing process. The pain has gotten worse the last few days. It really bothers me during the night.

Any suggestion

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Please see a doctor
    You need to find a healthcare professional who can check it out. Sometimes they have physician on call. Contact your doctor please
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member

Please see a doctor
    You need to find a healthcare professional who can check it out. Sometimes they have physician on call. Contact your doctor please

Call...
    Don't hesitate To call your doctor! You'll probably get his answering service but they will contact him or who ever is on call...someone is always available....you need to call and tell him just what you've told us...You shouldn't have to deal with pain..
    Hugs, Nancy
  • mbart
    mbart Member Posts: 6
    Yes, please call !
    As others have already said, CALL. You are right - Friday night is not the best time. Having the name of your Dr.'s nurse - who you can call during the week is the best. If you have a problem of Friday morning - don't wait call then. But Dr.'s do have answering services and partners on call for the reason of helping their patients after hours. Hope you get some answers soon.
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Ditto that...
    You pay for your doc's services...regardless of the time of day or night. It is absolutely acceptable to use them! The doc's work for YOU. If you haven't called yet, please do it soon.

Hugs,

Linda
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Just wondering and checking
    Just wondering and checking back to see if you contacted your surgeon or not. You should always feel free to call when you have problems like this. Post an update to let us know.

Hoping you saw your surgeon,

Leeza
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Hi Evelyn -- How are you
    Hi Evelyn -- How are you feeling? Talked to Dr yet?

Always call the Dr. when you feel unsure about symptoms. Always call.

I had something similar happened to me - in fact, I had pains for months. And the first few nights were the most annoying, of course. I called my Dr. all the time to complain because I was new to this. You do that too if you are worried about anything. And don't leave anything out. Tell them everything.

I hope you spoke to him and that you are a little better.