Sandy...how did infusion # 2 go???

Maxiecat
Maxiecat Member Posts: 544 Member
I had you in my thoughts and prayers yesterday...for infusion #2. How are you doing? Was it easier than #1? I am starting to get the jitters about my second infusion next week. I have an appt with the oncologist today. I will find out if thay saw anything in my chest xray . I also have lots of questions for the doctor.

Alex

Comments

• Momof2plusteentwins
    Momof2plusteentwins Member Posts: 509 Member
    Alex
    I was there for 6 hours. First they gave me Amend 150 mg (nausea med), that took 45 min to infuse, then I got Zofran 32 mg (nausea med) with Decadron 20 mg (steroid med), that was another 30 min. Then I got the Folfox, oxy & luek and that was 4 hours. Now I'm attached to the 5FU for 48 hours. The only thing that I got different from last time is the Amend, onc things the Amend will help with nausea in the 48-72 hour time, which is when I was throwing up and so nauseas. Right now I feel ok, ate oatmeal for breakfast and I can drink room temp water. My first infusion I felt fine also for 24 hours, then about 3 pm Wed, I got hit by that semi truck and was down through the weekend. Maybe Amend will help, if not we will change things for # 3. I do have zofran pills too that dissolve on the tongue, 8 mg, that helped last time. I guess nothing can change the pure exhaustion. Enjoy your week off Alex. Let's keep in touch and compare notes. I even asked the onc about marinol, it pot in a pill form to help you have an appetite. You know I always wanted to lose weight, now I wish I could be fat without cancer. I have already lost 35 lbs from surgery and shock of diagnosis, now I'm worried about losing to much weight, go figure. I'll let you know when the truck hits me.
    Sandy
  • Maxiecat
    Maxiecat Member Posts: 544 Member

Alex
    I was there for 6 hours. First they gave me Amend 150 mg (nausea med), that took 45 min to infuse, then I got Zofran 32 mg (nausea med) with Decadron 20 mg (steroid med), that was another 30 min. Then I got the Folfox, oxy & luek and that was 4 hours. Now I'm attached to the 5FU for 48 hours. The only thing that I got different from last time is the Amend, onc things the Amend will help with nausea in the 48-72 hour time, which is when I was throwing up and so nauseas. Right now I feel ok, ate oatmeal for breakfast and I can drink room temp water. My first infusion I felt fine also for 24 hours, then about 3 pm Wed, I got hit by that semi truck and was down through the weekend. Maybe Amend will help, if not we will change things for # 3. I do have zofran pills too that dissolve on the tongue, 8 mg, that helped last time. I guess nothing can change the pure exhaustion. Enjoy your week off Alex. Let's keep in touch and compare notes. I even asked the onc about marinol, it pot in a pill form to help you have an appetite. You know I always wanted to lose weight, now I wish I could be fat without cancer. I have already lost 35 lbs from surgery and shock of diagnosis, now I'm worried about losing to much weight, go figure. I'll let you know when the truck hits me.
    Sandy

It sounds like you have a
    It sounds like you have a great plan for managing the nausea. Wow... 6 hours in the chair ...my last one was about 5 hours. I did ask my dr today about the mag & calcium...he said that we could try the over the counter routrle first. He was concerned about my anemia...so he is running some iron studies. I was also um... a little "fluffy" before my diagnosis...i have lost 27 pounds so far. I did ask the doctorcand he isn't too concerned yet...but he does want me to really try to eat even on the days when i am not feeling quite so well.

I am going to spend the day with the kids and hopefully getvour back to school shopping done. Then if everyone is good...we will hit dairy queen or Wendy's.

Alex
  • omrhill
    omrhill Member Posts: 125

Alex
    Sandy

A plan helps. I think
    A plan helps. I think anytime we can be proactive about something it helps us feel more in control. 6 hours sounds like such a long time. How did you pass the time?

Hoping that truck misses you this time!

Robin
  • Momof2plusteentwins
    Momof2plusteentwins Member Posts: 509 Member
    omrhill said:

A plan helps. I think
    A plan helps. I think anytime we can be proactive about something it helps us feel more in control. 6 hours sounds like such a long time. How did you pass the time?

Hoping that truck misses you this time!

Robin

Hey Robin
    I know 6 hours is a long time, I had my IPad and books, peanut butter crackers, an apple and room temp bottled water. I got up and walked a little while. Also watched the Olympics.
    Sandy
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member

Hey Robin
    I know 6 hours is a long time, I had my IPad and books, peanut butter crackers, an apple and room temp bottled water. I got up and walked a little while. Also watched the Olympics.
    Sandy

Did they not give you
    Did they not give you pre-meds to take at home?? I was given meds I had to take at home prior to going in for infusions. If I forgot to take them and they had to give them to me at the clinic it was a lot longer. Decadron was one of them....I cannot remember what the other one was, but it was anti-nausea. But, if I had forgotten to take them I would have to sit for an hour I think while the pre-meds got into my system prior to infusion.