Just read Billys (Craigs) Post from awhile back and crackin up!

GOOFYLADIE
GOOFYLADIE Member Posts: 232 Member
I haven't been on the board for awhile, I am a Stage IV Duke C Carcinoma, 16 of the 32 lymph nodes were positive, had a right hemicolectomy and I completed about 16 months of Chemotherapy. Diagnosed in 1998 and I am Cancer free.

I stroll thru posts now and then and at times comment,but so many things have changed yet a whole lot such as how we feel, what we are going thru and how to get to the other side all remains the same. WE DO WHATEVER, WHENEVER, HOWEVER, AND IF WE NEED A BILLY IN OUR WORLD OR HELL ON ON WHEELS HELENA, WELL SO BE IT! I didn't ever back down to fighting cancer and I would never back down to an argument on how I personally or how someone else chose to put up their fight. Some days we fill like reading a book or watching tv, other days we may go to work, and go to bed other days we may never make it out of bed. I used to be so tired on chemo I was excited to have put a little makeup on my face that day. I was still in my Pajamas and in my recliner chair but I managed to put my face on, Yeah! I conquered my mountain for the day. Somedays, I was so tired the decision was to get up to get a drink or get up to go to the bathroom but there was no way both was going to happen.lol!
I dont remember doing anything consciously other than praying to live thru this so my three young boys would not have to live without a mom and seeing there faces everyday just fueled my fire. They were my BILLY. So use what your momma and daddy gave ya, because your BILLY, IS SHINING WHETHER YOU RECOGNIZE IT OR NOT. My boys were 4, 7 and 10 now they are 19, 21, and 24. Two of them are in Oregon going to College and one is on the Coast going to College. LIFE IS GOOD
BIG HUGE HUGS TO ALL OF YOU,
Goofyladie

Comments

• idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    Miss you
    ......and thanks for the words.....they sure mean a lot right now

Jennie
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Big Billy Says "HI"
    Hi Cass:)

Glad you read this....it was one of my favorite writings...poignant in the finding of that something that we are looking for to make it to the next morning - whatever it is, as you say.

Big Billy was born out of a need from me that dawn morning - but his image and the ideologhy behind him does live in everyone of us. Sometimes it's hard to know where to look some days and what he looks like.

But he is with us - in fact, he is US.

Thanks for seeing that.

So nice to see you hanging around....we're still here much to the community's chagrin:)

-Craig, Sundance, and Big Billy