scanxiety

sissylu1
sissylu1 Member Posts: 66 Member
I had my 3 month ct (fluctuatin between x-rays and ct scans every 3 months) scan last thursday evening and have my appt with my oncologist tomorrow morning at 8am and I am just beside myself with worry...I had my right middle lobe removed Dec 2010 and staged 1a which I know is extremly fortunate..even taking a zanax these past few days to try to help me sleep is not working..I guess I'm hoping that posting this will give me some sense of relief until tomorrow.

Comments

• dennycee
    dennycee Member Posts: 857 Member
    Think NED
    Sissylu,
    Have you had any reoccurrance of the cancer before?
    Dennycee
  • sissylu1
    dennycee said:

Think NED
    Sissylu,
    Have you had any reoccurrance of the cancer before?
    Dennycee

trying to relax
    No problems at all since the surgery, it was not VATS either, the surgery was a traditinal lobectomy and it kicked my butt for almost 3 months and no recommendations afterwards except close follow-up for the next 2 years.
    I guess since I felt blindsided when they found the tumor (just going for a physical which included a chest x-ray) that I feel a need to prepare myself for bad news...beleive me, I am usually a "glass is half full" person but not with this!
  • dennycee
    dennycee Member Posts: 857 Member
    sissylu1 said:

trying to relax
    No problems at all since the surgery, it was not VATS either, the surgery was a traditinal lobectomy and it kicked my butt for almost 3 months and no recommendations afterwards except close follow-up for the next 2 years.
    I guess since I felt blindsided when they found the tumor (just going for a physical which included a chest x-ray) that I feel a need to prepare myself for bad news...beleive me, I am usually a "glass is half full" person but not with this!

Scanxiety
    I, too, am an optimist, that is why I will think positive thoughts and strength your way. Since my first mid-treatment ct in 2/11 my adeno has been shrinking or NED in location of some mets. I have more energy so I think positive that mine will be good. Have you had that experience?
  • catcon49
    catcon49 Member Posts: 398
    dennycee said:

Scanxiety
    I, too, am an optimist, that is why I will think positive thoughts and strength your way. Since my first mid-treatment ct in 2/11 my adeno has been shrinking or NED in location of some mets. I have more energy so I think positive that mine will be good. Have you had that experience?

scanxiety
    I know how difficult it is and I also get worred just before my CT. But I am almost 4 years cancer free. Stage 1a also. Try to take some comfort in the fact that it was caught extremely early. Not many people are as lucky as we are.

Take care. Wishing you luck.

cathy
  • sissylu1
    catcon49 said:

scanxiety
    I know how difficult it is and I also get worred just before my CT. But I am almost 4 years cancer free. Stage 1a also. Try to take some comfort in the fact that it was caught extremely early. Not many people are as lucky as we are.

Take care. Wishing you luck.

cathy

update
    Thank you both so much for your reply and words of comfort...my scan and my annual mamogram came back clear so I am good to go for another 3 months!!!!! My oncologist did schedule a brain MRI due to some recent vision changes I have had-I've only worn glasses for reading but since my 53rd birthday is coming up soon I think I may need glasses all the time-I'm gonna schedule an appt with an eye doctor but my oncologist just wants to cover all her bases and that suits me just fine! Again, thank you!!!!!!!!!!