CEA

2»

Comments

• Doc_Hawk
    Doc_Hawk Member Posts: 685

markers smarkers, they simply suck
    For some they just go up like our age.

Regardless of cea just enjoy today. I am. I hope you do too.

Hugs,
    Pete

Today
    Thanks Pete. Doing the prep today for tomorrows Alien Abduction .. errrr, colonoscopy that is. Gotta break out the portable commode later today to save me from having to shout "MAKE A HOLE!" while running down the hallway.
  • janie1
    janie1 Member Posts: 753 Member
    Doc_Hawk said:

Today
    Thanks Pete. Doing the prep today for tomorrows Alien Abduction .. errrr, colonoscopy that is. Gotta break out the portable commode later today to save me from having to shout "MAKE A HOLE!" while running down the hallway.

Good luck Doc. Will be
    Good luck Doc. Will be thinking about ya!!
  • KMORROW27
    KMORROW27 Member Posts: 3
    Doc_Hawk said:

Hi KM
    The CEA is the number of nanograms per milliliter in the bloodstream of a protein that is produced by the cancer. For some it's just a number that doesn't indicate very much. They've had a very low count (anything under 3 is considered normal) and still had tumors progress. My CEA has always been a very good indicator of what was going on with my cancer. That your husbands took a large drop is pretty good, it shows a response to his treatment. Sometimes there can be a sudden increase, but this can be a false high caused by dead cancer cells working their way out of the system so the onc will look for three or more consecutive high readings.

Welcome to the board, this is a great place to get information as well as to open up to others.

Doc/Ray

Thank You
    Thank You DOC for responding to my post , this all new to us and I have been trying to learn as much as I can. Thank YOu and hope all goes well with you.

WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE !!!!!
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member
    janie1 said:

Good luck Doc. Will be
    Good luck Doc. Will be thinking about ya!!

Hoping your scans are good
    Hoping your scans are good and this is just a blip with the CEA.