anyone taken this mix of chemo?

Mitomycin,5-FU AND Cisplatin along with radiation?I should be stating this cocktail sometime next week and wondered if anyone has taken these together and what their reactions were.thanks in advance
Patsy

Comments

• peterz54
    peterz54 Member Posts: 341
    not much help...
    Patsy, you can readily find side effects information about each of these drugs, but I don't recall seeing mix side effects discussed anywhere. The Onc should give you a package on each drug to explain it's use and possible side effects.

My wife has Stage IV CRC and was on a different mix, excepting 5-FU which is often the base drug. In all our discussions about side effects we only talked about effects of the components.

On the blue menu to the left you can go to the Community Resources page and do a search for each drug and find quite a lot of information there.

I have learned that side effects and their severity are often dependent on the unique biology and overall health of each patient.

good luck on your journey....

peter
  • steved
    steved Member Posts: 834 Member
    Not myself
    Haven't been on that concoction myself- it does seem an uncommon mix. Is there a reason for it? Not sure where you are in treatment?

Sorry- only questions from me. Hope some one has more useful answers,
    steve
  • tanstaafl
    tanstaafl Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    where and what
    Patsy mentioned, "...squamous cell cancer" a rare type, if rectal cancer, where the usual adenocarcinoma experience base is quite different. Where and what are factors here.
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    tanstaafl said:

where and what
    Patsy mentioned, "...squamous cell cancer" a rare type, if rectal cancer, where the usual adenocarcinoma experience base is quite different. Where and what are factors here.

Patsy cisplatin is very strange in CC cancer so l don't think
    Many people here has tried it , it's the golden standard for Lung Cancer , I would suggest you to ask there as well! Probably they put you on this due to the characteristics of your cancer.
    Hugs my friend!
  • taraHK
    taraHK Member Posts: 1,952 Member
    Mitomycin
    Mitomycin may be the next drug I try -- but I'm not sure in combination with what, if anything. I don't know much about the drug yet but my oncologist told me it's an "oldie but goodie" (not his exact words!) and usually well tolerated.

I wish you all the best with the new routine and please keep us informed of how it goes -- it seems few here have tried and I'm sure would like to hear.

Tara
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    taraHK said:

Mitomycin
    Mitomycin may be the next drug I try -- but I'm not sure in combination with what, if anything. I don't know much about the drug yet but my oncologist told me it's an "oldie but goodie" (not his exact words!) and usually well tolerated.

I wish you all the best with the new routine and please keep us informed of how it goes -- it seems few here have tried and I'm sure would like to hear.

Tara

Same here....
    Please keep us updated on your progress as I too am interested in this ...thanks
    Jennie