Exchange surgery

Faith1122
Faith1122 Member Posts: 46
I had my exchange surgery today. Silicone implants for expanders. I am pleasantly surprised as to how much softer & natural the implants feel to the touch as compared to the uncomfortable expanders. I guess as soon as this heals I will have no more excuses & will have to fill the dreaded tamoxifen script that is on my refrigerator.

Comments

• salls41
    salls41 Member Posts: 340
    Congratulations!
    I am sure you are thrilled to get rid of the turtle shells! I exchange in Sept. I can't wait to see the difference~ the rocks just drive me crazy but I am thankful that I can be here to go through it at all!
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    I have no experience with
    I have no experience with exchange etc..just wanted to say thinking of you and hope all goes well. Glad better then your thought

Denise
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Glad that your surgery is
    Glad that your surgery is over now and that you are happy with your implants. Wishing you a fast recovery!

Hugs, Lex
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Alexis F said:

Glad that your surgery is
    Glad that your surgery is over now and that you are happy with your implants. Wishing you a fast recovery!

Hugs, Lex

Faith ... Your happiness,
    and comfort with your breasts will continue to grow. Having a bilateral with
    expanders .. then a exchange shows us how far Plastic Surgeons and the Medical
    field has come to developing, and creating new breasts for us 'Bilateral'
    Gals!

2 years later .. and I am still pleased with my new girls, 'Barbie and Bambi'!

Strength, Courage and HOPE for a Cure.

Vicki Sam
  • Faith1122
    Faith1122 Member Posts: 46
    salls41 said:

Congratulations!
    I am sure you are thrilled to get rid of the turtle shells! I exchange in Sept. I can't wait to see the difference~ the rocks just drive me crazy but I am thankful that I can be here to go through it at all!

Implants are so much better!
    Even 5 days after surgery the implants are more comfortable then the expanders. I did go smaller because the expanders looked so ridiculous & I thought the implants would look the same so now I am smaller then I have ever been. It is ok though. I am still happy they w look normal in clothes & bathing suits. Thanks all for the kind words!
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Faith1122 said:

Implants are so much better!
    Even 5 days after surgery the implants are more comfortable then the expanders. I did go smaller because the expanders looked so ridiculous & I thought the implants would look the same so now I am smaller then I have ever been. It is ok though. I am still happy they w look normal in clothes & bathing suits. Thanks all for the kind words!

Very happy for you
    Very happy for you Faith!

Hugs, Debby