PHEW!

Semira
Semira Member Posts: 381 Member
PHEW! First Bloodwork (2 weeks) after Thorstens ileostomy reversal (8 months after surgery / 7 weeks after end of XELOX-chemo).... the liver counts are still bad but slowly getting better and the CEA lasts at 0.8 (was 95 before surgery). I'm really relieved!
Tuesday he starts 3 weeks of rehab and hopefully mid august we will depart for some vacation in south france... Finally some calm times after this horrible months...

Really relieved
Petra

Comments

• smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member
    Vacation sounds good!!!

Vacation sounds good!!!
  • abrub
    abrub Member Posts: 2,174 Member
    I love the south of France!
    Where are you going? Have a wonderful time! the trip should be rejuvenating.

Alice
  • steveandnat
    steveandnat Member Posts: 886
    sounds great
    I'm so happy things are looking up for you. That vacation is just around the corner. Praying you continue to get better all the time. Jeff
  • steveandnat
    steveandnat Member Posts: 886
    sounds great
    I'm so happy things are looking up for you. That vacation is just around the corner. Praying you continue to get better all the time. Jeff
  • Semira
    abrub said:

I love the south of France!
    Where are you going? Have a wonderful time! the trip should be rejuvenating.

Alice

Avignon
    We lent a really nice little house in Avignon and will stay there for 2 - 3 weeks exploring the sourroundings. We love the South of France too and try to go there at least once every 2 years :-) . But there are sooooo many other nice places in the world worth visiting... and alway a lack of time, money and/or leave days (not to mention des C - crap).

For those who are interested... here you find some pics from previous trips http://engywuck.en.ohost.de/

I like the idea of "rejuvenating" (didn't know that word before :-) )
    Hugs
    Petra
  • steved
    steved Member Posts: 834 Member
    Good news
    Slow recovery of liverfunction and a normal CEA can only be good news. Mid-August in Avignon is fabulous- sun flowers are out, the square is bustling with buskers and the cafes around the central church and csatle are buzzing. IS a fabulous place to rejuvenate- I have great memories of a summer there with the kids a couple of years back. Be careful of the wine though- fabulously tempting but not great on a recovering liver!

Enjoy,
    steve
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    Have fun in France! Enjoy
    Have fun in France! Enjoy the relaxation.

I want to go to Europe so badly, but alas everytime I try to go, soemthing crazy happens where I have to reroute my funds.

Ktz
  • abrub
    abrub Member Posts: 2,174 Member
    Semira said:

Avignon
    We lent a really nice little house in Avignon and will stay there for 2 - 3 weeks exploring the sourroundings. We love the South of France too and try to go there at least once every 2 years :-) . But there are sooooo many other nice places in the world worth visiting... and alway a lack of time, money and/or leave days (not to mention des C - crap).

For those who are interested... here you find some pics from previous trips http://engywuck.en.ohost.de/

I like the idea of "rejuvenating" (didn't know that word before :-) )
    Hugs
    Petra

In May, we took a lovely gite in Capestang (Luberon)
    for 2 weeks, followed by a week in Aix-en-Provence. We, too, love the south of France. We've also been to St. Remy-de-Provence, and traveled through the area near Avignon.

I went through some of your photos, and see that you've also been to the ochre fields in Roussillon. I also see that you take many of the same type of photos that we take (windows, cats, and the type of scenery.)

"Rejuvenating" is a wonderful word - to become young again, to be refreshed.

Have a wonderful time in Avignon!

Alice
  • Semira
    abrub said:

In May, we took a lovely gite in Capestang (Luberon)
    for 2 weeks, followed by a week in Aix-en-Provence. We, too, love the south of France. We've also been to St. Remy-de-Provence, and traveled through the area near Avignon.

I went through some of your photos, and see that you've also been to the ochre fields in Roussillon. I also see that you take many of the same type of photos that we take (windows, cats, and the type of scenery.)

"Rejuvenating" is a wonderful word - to become young again, to be refreshed.

Have a wonderful time in Avignon!

Alice

Addicted to france ;-)
    Since we first went to France 20 yrs ago I cannot get away from it. We visited so many other places and countries but nothing (perhaps except India) got me fixed that way :-)

Did you go to the Ardèche? If not, you should do the next time. And to the "Cascade du Sautadet" at the River Cèze? I love it.

And funny we take the same kind of photos

Vive la france ;-)
    Petra
  • danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    Enjoy France
    I would ask to be packed in your luggage, but then you aren't stating from the U.S. Glad to hear all is going well.
  • danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    ketziah35 said:

Have fun in France! Enjoy
    Have fun in France! Enjoy the relaxation.

I want to go to Europe so badly, but alas everytime I try to go, soemthing crazy happens where I have to reroute my funds.

Ktz

ketziah35
    Go as soon as you can. I've been to Europe several times,but can no longer tolerate the long flight time. Go while you are young and can enjoy it.
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Great!
    Sounds great to me! Please tell the south of France I fully intend to see it one day!

*hugs*
    Gail