CSN Kidney Cancer forum

Texas_wedge
Texas_wedge Member Posts: 2,798
So, it seems as though our pics have disappeared (temporarily I hope). Is anyone noticing any other changes? Am I imagining it or was the Drupal logo not there before, in green, at the top of the screen?

Comments

• alice124
    alice124 Member Posts: 896 Member
    DRUPAL?
    I was just ready to post and ask if it was an acronym I didn't recognize. I think it is NEW. And, of course, no pics.
  • Texas_wedge
    alice124 said:

DRUPAL?
    I was just ready to post and ask if it was an acronym I didn't recognize. I think it is NEW. And, of course, no pics.

Drupal
    Alice, Drupal is a very popular open-source Content Management system, widely used for large websites, such as government ones. (I don't know whether ACS CSN was using it before this.)
  • icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member

Drupal
    Alice, Drupal is a very popular open-source Content Management system, widely used for large websites, such as government ones. (I don't know whether ACS CSN was using it before this.)

Back to normal
    Glad to see the site is back to normal and we can view each other's pictures now.

Icemantoo
  • Texas_wedge
    icemantoo said:

Back to normal
    Glad to see the site is back to normal and we can view each other's pictures now.

Icemantoo

CMSs
    This comment which I came across on the Web throws interesting light on the comparison of technologies (as between, e.g. KIDNEY-ONC and CSN) - more attractive presentation comes at a price, so, at the end of the day, it usually comes down to resources.

"Content management systems (CMS) like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and even Blogger (Full disclosure - I use Blogspot) are handy, yes, but each have their own learning curve and set of drawbacks. WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and their ilk have frequent CMS updates, some of which gaak horribly upon release and require nasty clean-ups. One of my client's Drupal sites simply evaporated one night and he still has no idea what happened. Another was using Joomla for an ecommerce site and canned script some hacker downloaded from a malware site destroyed all of her work, too. With online options like blogger, you don't really own the content or the traffic. The other concern is cross platform compatibility in a world of explosive growth in device-choice space: Will your site be viewable on an iPad, Netbook, Kindle Fire, Smart Phone, ????? On the other hand, I've been able to view your plain old FTP'd HTML on just abut any device .... "
  • garym
    garym Member Posts: 1,647
    alice124 said:

DRUPAL?

DRUPAL?
    Isn't there a little blue pill that cures DRUPAL?
  • donna_lee
    donna_lee Member Posts: 1,041 Member
    garym said:

DRUPAL?
    Isn't there a little blue pill that cures DRUPAL?

More Friday Funnies
    Does it cause blindness and hearing loss for up to 4 hours. See your Dr.
    donna_lee
  • foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    donna_lee said:

More Friday Funnies
    Does it cause blindness and hearing loss for up to 4 hours. See your Dr.
    donna_lee

Drupal?
    Depends.