My new "Babies"...

GreeneyedGirl
GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
edited July 2012 in Breast Cancer #1
Some of you may remember last November I said goodbye to my smooth red dachshund "tootsie"~ and how hard that was for me. My heart has ached with a loneliness ever since. My kids pooled their $$ together for Mothers Day and surprised me, so I could go pick out a new companion! I was so surprised. I had selected a breeder from a friends suggestion ( could not find one to rescue) and had the hardest time deciding on which boy (the 2 females were taken). The breeder sure liked my coach & dooney & bourke handbags each time I was out to visit~ so I bartered 2 handbags for the other pup. This was at my husbands encouragement!
I have posted a pic of them on my expressions page, "Reese" (looks like a pnut butter cup) is on the left, and "Dooney" (my bartered baby) is on the right~

~named after my 2 loves...
~Chocolate
~Handbags

I just wanted to share my joy~ I know many of us have pets that have gotten us through some challenging times.
They really do well together, and it is like having twins!!
Blessings,
Melanie

Comments

• Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    What joy to add to your
    What joy to add to your life!

Hugs,

Linda
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Happy for you..
    Denise

Happy for you..

Denise
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member

Happy for you..
    Denise

Happy for you..

Denise

Happy..
    That you've got a new" baby"...I know they make you happy! I love their names, too...

May your babies bring you years of happiness!
    Big hugs, Nancy
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Funny that your post would
    Funny that your post would come up now. I was just thinking this morning about what joy and comfort my pets have brought me.

Recently when I was sick, my dachshund/poodle/terrier mix, Cindy Lou, was absolutely thrilled we were going to bed during the day. She has been such a comfort to me. And don't anyone ever tell me that dogs can't have a sense of humor, because she is funny and knows it. Cindy Lou was a shelter dog, but sister Wendy in California always has a harder time finding rescues. Unfortunately, there are plenty of adorable rescues in Louisiana.

Impy (short for Impulse) the cat was curled up on one side and Grizzly (big grey cat) was curled up at my feet. With support like "my team", I was bound to have a speedy recovery.

I am so glad that Reese and Dooney have come into your life and I hope that they too bring you comfort and happiness. I love the names!

P.S. That's Cindy Lou on my lap.
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Congrats Melanie. I
    Congrats Melanie. I remember your post :( I can't wait to see your pics!

Hugs, Noel
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    ahhhh
    So very happy for you, glad you shared this with us you sure made me smile! Post a pic if you get the chance would love to see em.

Hugs,

RE
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    RE said:

ahhhh
    So very happy for you, glad you shared this with us you sure made me smile! Post a pic if you get the chance would love to see em.

Hugs,

RE

2 new babies .. Now, that is something to
    Celebrate! Many years of joy, happiness and Love. I love the story, and
    new names of pup's!

Good luck with potty training, and getting sleep these next few months!

Vicki Sam
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    VickiSam said:

2 new babies .. Now, that is something to
    Celebrate! Many years of joy, happiness and Love. I love the story, and
    new names of pup's!

Good luck with potty training, and getting sleep these next few months!

Vicki Sam

congratuations thought his
    congratuations thought his would be a post on your new tatas ! lol congrats on your new babies they are the best. I like their names.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    RE said:

ahhhh

Hugs,

RE

I am so happy for you
    I am so happy for you Melanie! We do love our furry family!

Hugs, Debby
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    DebbyM said:

I am so happy for you
    I am so happy for you Melanie! We do love our furry family!

Hugs, Debby

Thanks girls~
    I had to delete the pic because when I checked on it the other day~ it was so enormous that it didn't fit my screen! Don't know why it did that, but it was HUGE!! So I will repost in a couple more days~they are now 9 weeks old.
    ~Hugs,
    M